Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Hi girls, you are definitely speaking a foreign language!

Vicky, I'm so glad your sister apologized! That's wonderful. You know, boundaries are a really healthy part of a relationship. People actually need them. She probably needed you to put your foot down with her. I'm very proud of you!

Allie, my AF has been a lot lighter since my last mc. It is one or 2 days of medium and then light to spotting. I don't think you have to worry too much. It sounds in the range of normal.

So today I went to a huge event with an Indian saint named Amma. She is known as the "hugging saint" as she hugs people. My co-worker has studied with Amma for 30 years and wanted me to get a hug from Amma. Amma tours the world and happened to be in my area this weekend. So I just spent the day meditating, eating delicious Indian food and I got my hug from Amma. My co-worker wanted me to get the hug to help with my fertility. So I gave Amma an offering of a pomegranate with the thought that the seeds are all healthy eggs and I wanted them to be blessed. I'm not very religious, but I figured anything is worth a try. It was quite nice actually. There were about 1000 people there to get a hug. She's apparently hugged 21 million people in her life so far!

So I'm back and am just about to do an OPK. I'm not expecting it to be positive yet, but I can't help myself.

Wow! Sounds like a great day, Amanda! How lovely! :)

It was lovely Megg. I just got a negative OPK, but no big deal. I'm really hoping to get a positive in the next few days. I'm still a bit in shock about my high on CD 12. I feel like a normal person!

I think you'll definitely see a + long before CD20! :)

Oh god I hope so. Thanks for the PMA! I really need it. Going to go take a gander in your journal right now to catch up.

Yay! Not much interesting going on, but I appreciate you reading! :)

I hope you found some of those mushrooms in the city, Megg.

Hearty, aww, your day just sounds lovely. I'm a big hugger; it sounds like Amma has a wonderful job! I love the symbolism behind your offering, as well. I did my thesis on a topic related to India my final year of uni and have a soft spot for Indian culture-and food. Don't worry about the neg OPK as you only just got a high. I believe you're going to get your peak reading very soon. Thanks for the input on your AF. I suppose it is normal, but I remember before my MC getting clots a lot, etc. I should be grateful for that to be over,actually.

Alex and I spent the evening watching the Colorado Rapids win the Major League Soccer final (on TV). :) Go Rapids! :dance: I also baked some pumpkin bars and did a straightening treatment in my hair. I'm trying to avoid thinking about TTC until closer to ovulation to give myself a mental break.

Going to find them tomorrow, Allie! I gave up for tonight!

The break sounds like a great idea! :hugs:

Allie, if you are interested, you should check her out: https://amma.org/

She's a remarkable woman.

Yay for a mental break. It's a good thing.

Yeah, I figure I've researched so much about TTC and hormones in the past 6 months there's probably not more I can personally do/research until my appointment in December. I'm doing soy again just now and going to do the monitor again (though it's freaking expensive). Oh, and Alex and I went to this community shopping night and got free massages. Ahh, I love massages. Even in the mall. ;)

I read about Amma, thanks for the link. It's very touching, and I love her message of compassion. Getting that hug from her can only have brought good energy your way. :hugs:

Happy monday ladies!!

Hearty - wow thats amazing getting a high so early for you! Fab news!

Sassy - get better soon xx

Allie - Maybe it's just a light AF,sometimes they are - I wouldn't worry so much. When mine were lighter they often lasted longer than the heavier ones so I figured it was the same amount of blood!

The fancy dress party went really well on Saturday night and I had a fab time despite being sober. I did enjoy driving around all the drunk people!! We then went to the most amazing italian trattoria that's just opened near my parents - it was the most typical italian trattoria you get over there i've ever seen in England! All the waiters were italian and talking to my dad in the language and there were children in there getting fussed over by waiters like we used to when we were kids. Brilliant food too, ahhh I wish I lived closer!

One of my friends had a baby boy this morning too!! This is her second and she's had another boy, he's called Hudson which is a fab name. 3 hour labour too!

Sounds great, Cesca! :) Hudson.... What a lovely name! Congrats to your friend!

Very cool! Hendrix and Hudson! That's really nice actually!

:hi: everyone

I've been teaching this morning and then went to do some shopping but after tripping over a dodgy pavement and jarring my back I decided I would call it a day and come home. Went to the supermarket with steve and had planned my day for tomorrow starting with a slight line in as I'm feeling a little tired but got a phonecall for teaching work tomorrow so no line in for me oh well its money so cant complain.

Hope all you lovely ladies are ok today will read back and see what I have missed.

:hugs:

Hey everyone, just did a quick catch-up...congrats Dawny on your BFP!! :hugs:

Hearty congrats on your high on your CBFM, good luck this month!! I'm just a few days behind you!

I miss Nato...I bet she's either too busy peeing on sticks or got herself in a straightjacket to keep away from the sticks!! :haha:

Allie I'm with you this month on trying to take a break. I've been so down lately and just kind of feel like throwing in the towel. I feel like I've read and reread the same information over and over again and if it's going to happen it will happen. I'm not even going to use OPK's this month but I will still take my temp to make sure I know when I have O'd.

Megg did you find those mushrooms yet?

Just heading out to look now, April. I slept in a bit late! LOL

hey yogi that sounds like a good plan I think having a break now and then is a good idea taking some of the stress away might just do the trick. Steve and I are thinking when we're allowed to start trying again we are going to go down the NTNP path at least for the first month. :hugs:

It's confirmed. Tim's other cousin is also pregnant. Now I'm going to have 2 women who are pregnant with their second babies at my Thanksgiving. I'll be the only woman not pregnant or not a mother. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->