Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

Yep Allie looks like I am in the TWW I'm approaching it differently this month or at least that is the plan I'm going to try and not think about it and just see what happens. I'm sure my body messes with in the TWW so going to wait to see if I get AF or not no symptom spotting and going to try and not stress about it.

Hows your mum doing?

I got a pm from Hearty and she asked me to tell ypu all that its unlikely that she will be returning to the forum:cry::cry:
She will not be ttc for a while so she feels that she wont be able to participate much...Hopefully she will return in her second trimester...

We miss u already lovely, caring Amanda

That is sad to hear :cry: but I understand her reasons, if you PM her back please send her my love will miss her loads.

We will miss you Hearty!!

Oh no, please dont go Hearty, tell her we all miss her lots.xxxx

Awww.... I was just reading through all the happy posts and thinking that all we were missing was Hearty! I miss her so much. I think I'll at least message her and tell her hi! I totally understand her reasoning... but its not the same without her. She's so lovely!

I'm just really glad that there's so much good news going around in here right now. We had a shit month in July... but August is looking up!

Awesome news, Lucy! Really!!! :hugs: I'm so happy that there's nothing bad going on!

awe, that is so sad. Going to miss you Hearty! Take care of yourself, and I hope you come back to us one day when you are ready.

Awww, hearty. :( Tell Hearty how much we're going to miss her. :cry: In fact, I have missed her on here since she left.....but I understand her reasoning and respect it. She was such a comfort and an asset to the thread and her lovely spirit is missed.

Yep Allie looks like I am in the TWW I'm approaching it differently this month or at least that is the plan I'm going to try and not think about it and just see what happens. I'm sure my body messes with in the TWW so going to wait to see if I get AF or not no symptom spotting and going to try and not stress about it.

Hows your mum doing?

I like this approach. :thumbup: It's the approach I'm trying to take, as well. I'm trying to do it with TTC in general but of course that's hard.
I caved and tested again tonight, though and it was BFN. :( I was more dissapointed than I thought I would be. But I wanted to know because I'm reeeally stressed about my mom and I wanted to take a Xanax (prescribed to take while flying but whatev). Speaking of which, thanks for asking, she is doing okay. She is out of the ICU which is great, but we now know she does have lung disease which is going to be difficult. I've been with her before and after work each day so I'm pretty tired.

Even though I was dissapointed at the BFN I am def. seeing the positive side to this...I can hopefully lose a few more pounds now before I get a BFP (I am precisely 20 lbs overweight and would like to have 'normal' or close to it BMI before getting pregnant), and we get better health insurance next month which will be good for when I get prenant. :)

Trying to keep with the positivity of the day. :) :hugs: everyone

Sorry about your BFN but loving the positivity.

Glad your Mum is out of ICU thats great news will keep you both in my thoughts.

:hugs:

Happy Day for me!!!!!!! Ok well slightly happy......as some of you know I'm still off work after my recent mc (over 3 weeks ago) I have not been coping very well at all, I have read alot into my condition and feel relived that all my symtoms are not in my head (severe migranes, tiredness, dizzyness, blurred vision, etc) on top of suffering with depression from my M/C. I got myself in such a state about returning to work and have been putting it off as I just dont feel upto it.

My doctor suggested I return to work on a part time basis, which I felt very unhappy about doing, I have a very good job and a lot of responibilities and along with that goes alot of added stress which added to everything else is the last thing I need. I finally admitted that I cannat cope working full time (which has been very hard for such a independent hard working career women) so I plucked up the courage and emailed my boss about cutting my hours, he accepted straight away and said he would be just happy to have me back so I will now be working Tues, Weds and Thurs which I'm over the moon about. Going back to work doesn't seem so daunting now.

I will have alot less money but as long as I'm happy and coping thats all that matters, maybe my obession with shopping will have to stop though :(

Aww! That's great, Sas! :hugs: I'm glad you're getting it all worked out! You say "over 3 weeks ago" like that's an eternity, honey! I'm still not coping well some days after my 2nd one that was 3 MONTHS ago! I can only imagine! Sending you strength and positive energy!

Sassy, I think that's great news and I'm happy for you. :hugs: You know you've made the right decision when you feel so good about it. I know what you mean about shopping, though lol. :blush:

Sassy i'm so glad you have an understanding boss, that's such a rarety xxxxx

I had my peak for two days on my CBFM and today it's back down to high, so I'm counting today as ovulations so I'm in the 2ww now! eeek!

Fecking chef at work today (who has been off for a month) told me i'd put on weight today so one of the other chef's was like "SHE'S PREGNANT!!" and they were all cheering and stuff and I just said "erm no. I'm not. I'm just a bit fat and wearing a shirt tucked into a pencil skirt" and skulked off.

I knew I had put on weight since the new year but really, I am so so mortified and upset. My hubby has been making hints at me for ages because he's not happy with my 'size' so I am gutted. I'm not even eating any more, I just don't want to join the gym if I need to cancel when I'm pregnant there's no point. And from Feb-late May I was pregnant, I just never got to keep them :cry:

Cesca, that was rotten of the chef at work! And even of your hubby hinting he's not happy with your size. Men can be insensitive and downright annoying sometimes! :hugs: The chef was only off for a month, I mean seriously a peson's weight will fluctuate from month to month, especially a woman's as she goes through her cycle...so he's just being stupid. As for putting on weight, as you said, you were pregnant for many of those months and your body was going through a lot. I think it was normal to gain weight while being pregnant and miscarrying.....and I just know you look beautiful no matter what. Men don't realize what they're saying usually when they make weight comments to women...they mean it off-hand and don't realize that most women take it personally. :hugs: :hugs: But be as mad as you want to at that chef, I sure am!!!

well I am back home now...just sad that OH won't be home until Wednesday...haven't seen him in almost 2 weeks!

Cesca, I can't believe that chef! And your husband shouldn't be complaining either. I am the one that complains about mine all the time, and OH gets mad at me and tells me he loves me just the way I am. I had dieted and lost 50 pounds, but then I got stressed and it slowly came back, and then I got pregnant and gained 10 pounds right away. When I mc'd, I never lost it, and now I just keep gaining with this pregnancy. I am trying to not stress about it, and I know it will eventually come off. So you have to keep positive about yourself as well, and know that it will come off slowly but surely. I wouldn't be overly concerned about joining a gym, maybe just go for a nice walk a few times a week? Every woman is beautiful just the way they are, and if no one else likes it, then the hell with them!!! :)

That's awful of them, Cesca! Makes me SO angry!!! :growlmad:

First of all... My husband would NEVER dream of hinting at not liking my 'size'... and I guarantee I've got you beat by a mile! Trust me on that! He loves me for who I am and thinks I'm beautiful no matter what. He'd never dream of saying anything that would lower my self-esteem... especially since that's NOT the way to get someone to change. Weight changes all the time! I lost 60-some pounds before the 1st pregnancy, and then I threw caution to the wind and said I would enjoy it... I lost it, and then got depressed and sort of ate my feelings away... Then, I got pregnant again, and the cycle started over... I've gained back what I lost and an extra 15lbs. I hate it more than you can believe... but it happened. And, he's no less happy with me now than he was when we met... in fact, I'd be willing to say that he loves me more and is more attracted to me now because we're closer than we've ever been. I can't imagine putting up with that. I'd go Viking on them all! :grr:

Welcome back, Mel! How are you feeling? Do you feel pregnant yet? :hugs:

You are wise women, Mel and Megg. I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said. Your OH should be supportive of the ups and downs, weight and otherwise, that inevitably come with life.

How is everyone's weekend?

Mine is blah. I love my parents so much but they are such hard work somtimes. I'm an only child and with my mom in the hosp I feel I'm having to take care of both her and my dad. DH and I are just busy with that and doing some DIY this weekend.

Happy Day for me!!!!!!! Ok well slightly happy......as some of you know I'm still off work after my recent mc (over 3 weeks ago) I have not been coping very well at all, I have read alot into my condition and feel relived that all my symtoms are not in my head (severe migranes, tiredness, dizzyness, blurred vision, etc) on top of suffering with depression from my M/C. I got myself in such a state about returning to work and have been putting it off as I just dont feel upto it.

My doctor suggested I return to work on a part time basis, which I felt very unhappy about doing, I have a very good job and a lot of responibilities and along with that goes alot of added stress which added to everything else is the last thing I need. I finally admitted that I cannat cope working full time (which has been very hard for such a independent hard working career women) so I plucked up the courage and emailed my boss about cutting my hours, he accepted straight away and said he would be just happy to have me back so I will now be working Tues, Weds and Thurs which I'm over the moon about. Going back to work doesn't seem so daunting now.

I will have alot less money but as long as I'm happy and coping thats all that matters, maybe my obession with shopping will have to stop though :(

Sass thats great news, a phased return to work is just what you need babe :thumbup:. Im glad they are being so understanding for you :hugs:.
I also read about you going for further testing and possibly a test on killer cells which is fab huny i know how badly you want to know whats going on.
I hope u n danny r ok sweet pea PM me anytime on here or fb. lov you lots xxxxx caz xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->