Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

lol, yes, we are on top of USA....

https://www.reisenett.no/map_collection/americas/NorthAmerica.jpg

It takes at least 6 hours to get to a decent place for shopping (a city), and our province's capital is about a 8-9 hour drive....I go further south to visit my family which is 10 hours....and my mom and dad live on the eastern part of alberta, so it is 11 hours from me

WOW that amazes me, I could easily drive the whole length of England and through Scotland in 11 hours (I think)!!!

How comes you moved so far from your parents?? All my family live on top of each other, the further is 40mins away.xx

I have 2 major shopping centres near me, like massive ones! Ones 5 mins drive the other is 10, does not help my shopping obsession at all! Do you have cinema, resturants close by?xx

Youre so right Megg! I will buy the dress Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!
By the way we downloaded Salt and just finished watching it....What a load of CRAP!!!! Im so glad i didnt pay good money for such BS...

Yay for dress! Pics please! :)

That's a shame about Salt. Glad I didn't waste money either!

Lol im loving the geography lesson!!!!!!!!!!!!! Megg are you sure it would only take a daay to drive to San Fran???? I would have thought it would take much longer!

Luce is a proper grown up tomorrow woohoo!!!!! :rofl::rofl: Ahh to be young and 30 again......!!!!!

So i spent the day at the shops with my sis today, didnt actually buy anything but the sales were outrageous!! Theres this Missoni dress that i keep going back to check out since April, the cost back then was 560 euro and today the price was only 120!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh my god i almost fainted.... I just couldnt buy it though since shopping is something im superstitious about at the moment. My sis almost lost the plot in the shop, screaming that a missoni dress is not maternity clothes so i have no reason to be superstitous! The sales ladies for sure thought we were freaks!! I dont know what to do, should i go back and buy it 2morrow????

Oh, it takes more than a day! I just didn't specify how much longer than a day. Google says 1 day 8 hours from Peoria IL to San Fran CA!

YES! GO BUY THE DAMN DRESS! I understand superstitions a little... sorta... but it DOES NOT fall into that category! And, whilst I respect superstitions, I refuse to believe that shopping can EVER lead to anything bad! What will be will be. I'm too neurotic to let myself believe that I can control the outcome of something by doing or not doing a specific thing. I didn't buy anything in my first pregnancy and lost it. I bought lots of stuff in my second pregnancy and lost it too. So, I will shop till my little heart is content... and that's that! LOL

LOL Megg, you make me chuckle!

To us driving 4 hours (what it would take for me to drive to Cazza) is a long journey, I'd never drive that far for a day trip, if we go away for a weekend we would only drive 2-3 hours away anything further then we would fly! It proberly seems crazy to you as you live in a massive country!! xx

4 hours is how far I drive to see my parents. We make it a weekend trip. Flying anything further than 3 hours makes me :rofl:! That's crazy! I respect it... but that's absolutely nuts! :haha:

I'm so thick, that map you have put on is what part of America Megg? Wheres New York??xxx

Uhm... That's sort of all of America... Its not all of North America... But its all of the United States of America. Does that make sense? New York is up in the top right corner!

Canada is right above America! :hugs:

4 hours to see your parents? Really! My MIL is screwing that we will be moving 30 minutes away, apparently we will lose our friends and hardly see anyone, its crazy how different what you/us see as normal!

Us brits are lazy, well I am!xx

30 mins? I've driven close to 30 mins to get to dinner! :rofl: I've driven 2 hours to meet my parents for dinner and then driven home! That's so weird to me! Its really cool though to know some of the big differences! We actually drove about 14 hours to meet one of my BnB girls and spend 4 days with her! It was SO worth it!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: oh dear! *must remember to google before opening my big mouth*

I'm just shown what a blond bimbo I really am! :haha:

You would be AMAZED to know I work with people all over the world!!!xxx

oh Sassy, I love you! :hugs: Ask me anything about over there, and I would be asking the same questions :)

Same here!!!

Fun geography lesson for those in the UK, Megg. :haha:

I'm in North Dakota at the moment....right below Canada, at the very northern bit of the USA! But I'm from Colorado, in the middle.

Tomorrow is Cesca's testing day...I won't test again, but I SWEAR I am feeling pregnant! I won't test early anymore, though. I'll wait until Monday when AF is due.

I dont drive at all!!!!! I will only go where the metro, my feet or a cheap cab ride will take me!!!! My parents live a 10 minute walk away, my sis acrss the street and my favorite aunt 2 blocks away. All my friends are within a 15 min walk away!!!!!!

I'm in North Dakota at the moment....right below Canada, at the very northern bit of the USA! But I'm from Colorado, in the middle.

Tomorrow is Cesca's testing day...I won't test again, but I SWEAR I am feeling pregnant! I won't test early anymore, though. I'll wait until Monday when AF is due.

Ahhh now I think I know Colorado, its freezing and you have lots of snow? Crested Brute is in Colorado right??? I'll give you 3 guesses how I know that!!! :haha:

Ooh... North Dakota... So, we should all meet in the Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska area? I've been wanting to go to the zoo in Omaha! Its about 6 hours away! *nods* Well... All of the US girls... and anyone else who wants to get a passport to join us! LOL

Ahhh now I think I know Colorado, its freezing and you have lots of snow? Crested Brute is in Colorado right??? I'll give you 3 guesses how I know that!!! :haha:

The Hills, Sassy??

It really fascinates me how different we all live, if that makes sense!xx

The Hills, Sassy??

:haha: How did you guess!!!xx

:rofl: Meg!

My parents were living here, but they just moved last month....they both transferred with the company....I have lived here since 1986 though, so it's home, for a bit longer.....I honestly live in the middle of no where, surrounded by trees! As you can tell from that map, we are at the end of the road.....there is really nothing much here.....post office, grocery store (ridiculously expensive), 3 bars, 2 liquor stores, 2 gas stations, 3 hotels, a couple of restaurants, a recreational facility, golf course, and that's about it....

oooh, so excited for Monday Allie!

This geography lesson has me laughing so much.....

and yes, pictures of the dress Vicky:)

Ooh... North Dakota... So, we should all meet in the Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska area? I've been wanting to go to the zoo in Omaha! Its about 6 hours away! *nods* Well... All of the US girls... and anyone else who wants to get a passport to join us! LOL

I've always wanted to go to the zoo there!

Actually, speaking of excessive driving, Omaha is on the 15 hour drive I make from Colorado to here. I drove it alone twice this summer! I had to stop and stay in creepy motel halfway through both times alone, as well. It was worth it though!

Sass - if you want to see lots of snow, come to Northern Alberta.....we get to below -40 celcius during winters, with about 7 feet of snow!! not so much fun!

Mel do you wear those funky tennis rackets on your feet to get around?? Do you drive a snow mobile??????? Oh even better, do you have a pack of huskies pulling a sleigh??????????????

Yes, I think Mel has Colorado beat for snow!!

Sassy, :rofl: Well, at least Colorado has made it to the big time, thanks to the Montags! LOL

You're so right, Sassy, it is fascinating how we all live different lives.

I think Mel in the woods of Alberta and Vicky on the beaches of Greece (well, Athens) really exemplify the vast difference. Yet we all relate to one another! Super cool.

Vicky, so glad you are buying the dress and def. post piccies!

Sass - if you want to see lots of snow, come to Northern Alberta.....we get to below -40 celcius during winters, with about 7 feet of snow!! not so much fun!

OMG really, I kid you not our WHOLE country comes to a stand still if theres more that 1-2inches of snow. The trains stop running, people don't go to work and schools shut down, pathetic!xx

LOL at Vicky!!!

Pics of the huskies please, actually do you live in an Igloo????

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

LMAO! nope, we don't wear snowshoes, people drive snowmobiles for fun only, don't live in an igloo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->