DIY Advent Calendars - what to put in them?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah Lou 80

Reaction score
I'm getting a handmade personolised Advent calendar for my boy this year. He will be 2 just after Christmas and I'm just wondering what I can put in the pockets for him other than chocolate?

I have a couple of Wow toys Christmas figures so thought they'd be good. I'm not sure yet how big the pockets are. I might be able to squeeze a pair of socks in one pocket?

Any other ideas?

When I done our homemade one I usually pop a wee marshmallow or chocolate in each drawer and a little card saying what Christmas related activity we will do that day like drive around and see the xmas lights one evening, watch a Christmas movie, bake shortbread, colour a Christmas colouring page etc and quite often I swapped them around if we were going to be too busy the next day to bake or watch a movie. LO loved it getting to do something every day

When I done our homemade one I usually pop a wee marshmallow or chocolate in each drawer and a little card saying what Christmas related activity we will do that day like drive around and see the xmas lights one evening, watch a Christmas movie, bake shortbread, colour a Christmas colouring page etc and quite often I swapped them around if we were going to be too busy the next day to bake or watch a movie. LO loved it getting to do something every day

Love the activity idea! Thank you!

How about little playmobil figures or schleich animals? Would get expensive if you did too many of those, but you could do one or two. Or maybe little things you might put in party bags - bouncy ball, yoyo, notebook and pencil / crayons, stickers, little wind up toys, those little wooden figures that collapse when you press a button. Difficult at that age, as so many small things arent really suitable. I made a garland of crocheted stockings last year and planned to vary what I put in, but ended up sticking with sweets / treats as there was really nothing else suitable for Zoe at her age. Will try to include other things this year, I think, but still with some sweeties.

When Lucas was that small I'd put these in https://www.organix.com/our-baby-toddler-foods/mini-gingerbread-men-bag
Just because he was too small for chocolate everyday and I didn't want bits of toys etc hanging about. They fit all snuggly into the pockets too :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"