Do 10 Kegels then BUMP!!

Bumpity bump!

I started doing them yesterday, while peeing and while exercising haha!

I wrote this elsewhere but thought it'd be useful for this thread:

Well, I thought this page was useful, if a little horrifying:

https://www.nct.org.uk/pregnancy/pelvic-floor-exercises-during-and-after-pregnancy

They recommend up to 50 pelvic floor exercises a day!! :wacko:

However their detailed exercises do sound useful.

Slow exercise option 1

Sit or lie comfortably with your knees slightly apart. Pull up the muscles surrounding your back passage, then pull up towards the front. Hold and count to four, remembering to breathe normally.
Double check you aren't pulling in buttock muscles by placing your hand on your bottom as you do the exercises. It's OK if you're tensing your lower abdominal muscles slightly.
When you find this exercise easy, try holding for a longer count, up to a maximum of ten.
With these exercises, quality is better than quantity: it's much better to do a few good ones at a time.

Slow exercise option 2

Imagine your pelvic floor is like a lift. Tighten the muscles around the anus and vagina, as if closing doors in a lift. Now tighten a little more as if you're going up to the first floor, then the second, then gently come back down to the ground again, making sure you keep breathing normally throughout.
Try coughing or blowing into your fist. You will feel the muscles of your pelvic floor being pushed down. This will also happen when your baby's head starts to move down the birth canal during the second stage of labour. Knowing how to relax these muscles will help you give birth to your baby.

Fast exercise

Try tightening and then relaxing your pelvic floor muscles as quickly as you can, 5-6 times in a row. These are the muscles which contract instantly when you cough or sneeze to resist the rise in abdominal pressure. Before you cough, sneeze, lift or laugh, try to take a moment to pull these muscles up.

And bump!

*I hate kegel exercises!!! Grrrr!*

Bump!

Don't know if this will help anyone but I bought an app on my I-pod yesterday called a kegel trainer. You can set it to remind you so many times a day, the exercises are different every time and so far I have stuck to my 3 times a day target. It is ideal because i've paid for it- only £1.49 but I don't want to waste it. There are different ones you can get but I thought I'd put the idea out there. It would be nice if I don't pee everytime I laugh or cough after this baby (that is what happened after DS!! Oh the shame!) I barely did any exercises and want this time to be different :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->