Do First Time Mummies get to celebrate mothers day?

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score
I know it isn't really up to us lol, but I'm wondering if OH will think to do anything!

they do happy mothers day cards from the bump so i think even pregnant momma's should get to celebrate :winkwink:

I think it would be very cute if OH thought of it...unfortunately my OH is a "typical bloke" and he won't think of anything like that! x

I had to force my husband to do it haha.

This Mother's Day falls on my daughters birthday so we probably won't celebrate it x

I don't think my OH will think to do it, unless his mum suggests it to him lol!

I wouldn't want one tbh. Luckily mothters day was just after I had DS x

This year, mother's day is two days before our gender scan.

If you want a card say it to him.

I will only get a card from DS, nothing from bump. We don't really "celebrate" it lol plus OH or me will most prob be working :haha:

I'm not bothered if we do or don't celebrate it, it'll just make next years mothers day all the more special. But it'll be interesting to see if he thinks to do anything for me lol

men dont think of these things, my mum has to remind OH haha

I was wondering this too, I dont reckon the OH will think to do anything though.

I wasnt ptegnant over mothers day with lo but was over fathers day so I got oh a card and thats how I told my dad by getting him a grandfathers card :) problem is blokes dont always think of this sort of thing.

I say it depends on how far along in pregnancy you are, although some people will celebrate even if they find out they're expecting on Mother's or Father's Day! When we were expecting our first baby, we JUST found out like a week before Mother's Day... So we decided to skip those holidays and wait till second tri to start getting excited. We made up for it the next year - our kiddo was 5 months old on Mother's Day and was able to help make something very special. Same with Father's Day. (They were bought personalized gifts, although we do prefer to let our baby help us make crafts for holidays and will be giving out homemade gifts from this year on, unless Mommy or Daddy need something like have too few shirts or recently broke something, in which case they'd get that, too.. Just how we are!)

My father-in-law sent me two dozen tulips for Mother's Day when I was pregnant with DD#1--he then said that it was up to DH to cover future Mother's Days from there on out! :winkwink:

I told my husband that I want to celebrate it, and my mother overheard and told me its a bad idea- not to "jinx" it. But I feel like a mother already! He better get me flowers or something if he knows what's good for him.... ;)

When I was preg with Amelia it fell in march before she was due in April & hubby bought me a teddy & to mummy love bump card & we took my mum out for dinner. With Tristan it fell 5 days after he was born & we went out for a meal with the whole fam.

X x

For me, we became parents the minute we saw there was an actual baby in me. We aren't people that really celebrate these little holidays but it does feel different with Mother's and Father's Day. I dunno, maybe it's that fact that we actually can celebrate it now... I'm not going to mention it and won't be offended if nothing comes of it but I think I will find it really special if someone does count me in. I usually make dinner for my mother-in-law and sister-in-law since I was not a mom. I don't mind doing that still either. I think I might be a tad more smiley than usual on that day though :haha:

For me, we became parents the minute we saw there was an actual baby in me. We aren't people that really celebrate these little holidays but it does feel different with Mother's and Father's Day. I dunno, maybe it's that fact that we actually can celebrate it now... I'm not going to mention it and won't be offended if nothing comes of it but I think I will find it really special if someone does count me in. I usually make dinner for my mother-in-law and sister-in-law since I was not a mom. I don't mind doing that still either. I think I might be a tad more smiley than usual on that day though :haha:

Same here lol!

Ok so im really bad with dates... what month is mothers day again?When is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->