do i need to grow up? probably

scummy mummy

Reaction score
So how can you tell if your emotions are hormone led or just what you would feel any way? i spent sunday night in hospital on a drip as was dehydrated through having a sickness bug. I was allowed home monday afternoon and my mum said she would visit she never did, but hay she has a life she promised she would be up tues but never showed again she said she would come today i rang at 2pm to see when she was coming and she said oh i was going to come tomorrow. my response was no it dosnt matter and said bye. i was very abrupt but i felt so excited about seeing her and when i was in hospital it was my mum that i wanted, i started to cry as felt very let down as she is able to vist my brother once a week who is in prison yet unable to visit her pregnant daughter who had been in hospital. childish? i wanted her at the birth but OH really dosn't am starting to think he has a point

am i being childish, i really cant tell my real emotions from hormones¬

No! You're thinking just fine. If she said she'd be there, she should have been. Bottom line.

The way I see it, hormone-driven hormones are just as real as any other sort! So I don't think they should be dismissed as 'just hormones'.

I do think she should have made the effort. I'd be wary about involving her in the birth, it's a very, very vulnerable time and you don't want to be let down.

no i totally see your point, that would drive me mad too! did she give you a reason why she never showed up? you need someone to rely on as a birthing partner, and not be worrying about wether shes actually going to show up or not. a few weeks ago I made plans with my mum and I went to her house and she wasnt home! phoned her and she was out galavanting with a friend! Turned out when we'd made plans she'd had a drink and completely forgot. I let her know I wasn't happy at all and she made it up to me. hope your ok xxx

I'd be really upset, too. So, looks like we've agreed - you're not just being hormonal! Your mom should definitely be taking your feelings into consideration before going ahead and changing her plans after you've been waiting around for her.

thanks ladies! she has phoned and said shes sorry i think sometimes am guilty of being to independent and she thinks shes not needed but as far as birth i think ill see how the next few weeks go x

When I went into labour with DD1 I told my mum straight away thinking she'd get here as soon as she could to be there for me. She turned up 15hrs later! I spoke to her about it recently and she said she didn't think I'd want her there - she thought the fewer people the better. I feel quite sad that she didn't want to be there for me as other mums are there for their daughters but it did mean that my OH had to step up to the plate and really he was amazing! As the others have said you need someone who won't let you down when it comes to labour so it might be best not to rely too heavily on ur mum x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->