Do it your self

Status
Not open for further replies.
the mirror is lovely!!

Im hoping to do some jams/chutneys, also maybe bath scrub or something.

Love the vodka idea, any tips appreciates :flower:

You girls are all so talented!

xxx

Wow the mirror is beautiful, would be well pleased with that/

Anyone good mix idea for scrubs? x

I'm interested in hearing successful mixtures for bodyscrubs and bath salts too.... thinking it might be a good option for the BILs' GFs.

How's everyone like the new hat and scarf? :D
The hat is lined with yellow polarfleece so I added a matching pompom :haha:

Attachments

• IMGP1314.jpg
    IMGP1314.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMGP1316.jpg
    IMGP1316.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 11
I'm trying to make mittens too but they're not going so well. He looks like a boxer :lol:

Attachments

• IMGP1319.jpg
    IMGP1319.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 22
I really like this homemade advent idea!

https://familyfun.go.com/crafts/hol...untdown-calendars/cone-iferous-advent-940425/

Loving the ideas! Think we will go for coconut ice/ truffles in jars as Emma's gifts this year. Last year she (well I!!) made Snowman Soup but she will be able to help this year.

Does anyone have a good truffle recipe?

Body scrub: sugar + any massage-quality oil (olive, sweet almond, grapeseed, etc.)+ fragrance or essential oils. Wouldn't recommend any mineral-based oil (unfortunately, because I love Johnson's baby oil...smells so good!)

I prefer white sugar and olive oil to the stuff we use at work (I run a massage therapy business and we've been making the mistake of buying body scrubs by the gallon -- cheaper and easy to make it yourself.) I'm not a fan of the smell of olive oil but it works nicely and a few drops of fragrance covers it nicely.

For a more homemade look, you could experiment with larger-grain brown sugars (although I love my demerara sugar too much to try using it in a body product.) Salt scrubs also work well but I prefer sugar -- although the salt dissolves less, it also stings if you have super-dry skin or razor burn.

how do you/would you bottle/presen the body scrubs?

I just use an old canister for mine but that's just for my use...I've seen it put in glass jars with cute wooden scoops attached...hopefully someone else has some more ideas, haha. I can make the stuff but I don't know how to make it pretty.

I've put my bath salts in a kilner jar with a wooden scoop :) bit of ribbon and it's done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"