Do you get your baby dressed everyday?

susan_1981

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
I always get myself and my son dressed, even if we have no plans to go out anywhere. I was speaking to my friend the other day and she said that if she isn't going anywhere, she rarely bothers to get dressed and doesn't bother dressing her little girl (who is 5 months) so they just have a pyjama day. I don't think there's anything wrong with that but for me, it's just part of our routine to get up and get dressed. The only time I ever stay in my pyjamas is if I'm unwell and even then, I will generally get up, change into a fresh pair of pyjamas and then go back to bed. So do you dress your baby even if you are staying in all day or do you not bother? Just interested to know whether I'm in the minority or not :)

We don't! We've had a few sub -30C days and we just stay in our PJs, snuggle in a blankie, and watch movies :)

I dress LO every day, she usually wears onesies so there's not much faffing around.

I dress Isaac every day and myself for that matter. the only time that changes is if i am poorly, in which case we both get fresh PJ's on and snuggle on the sofa., if Isaac is poorly i would still get myself dressed but would put Isaac in clean Pj's and spend time snuggling.
I feel i need to get us both dressed otherwise i don't feel quite awake etc (hope that makes sense!). and being dressed will generally motivate me to at least go for a short walk or something.
we have been dressing Isaac since he was 2 days old..... it just makes me feel ready to start the day.

Nope. If i stay in i will either stay in pjs or some comfy slacks and baby will be in a sleepsuit/onesie. I get uncomfy in the house if in clothes and i reckon baby would be alot comfier in a onesie than mini clothes bunching him up and digging in.

No, we only get dressed if we're going out x

I get Robyn dressed every day, it's part of our routine. If one of us is poorly (like this past week) then I'll just put her in a clean vest and sleepsuit.

Nope. If we are staying in he'll stay in his sleep suit all day. I always get dressed but may stay in jogging bottoms and a comfy top though if we're not going out.

I always get dressed and get my baby dressed too. I think it signals the start of the day. It's also a nice feeling getting into clean clothes x

I change Angas after his first feed in the morning but just into a onsie if we are staying home. For the past 2 days I haven't dressed him - literally! It's been 37 degrees so he has just had his nappy on!

Most days yes he'll get dressed.

Today though he's dressed and I'm still in pjs :haha:

I do get her dressed every day, but mainly because it's fun for me :)

If we have no plans to go out, I will put her in a sleepsuit or vest just to crawl and play around, I don't see the point in putting her in a nice outfit because I like to save those for when we are going somewhere or she is going to nursery. Just like me, I will stay in my pyjamas and clean the house if I am not going to be doing anything else.

If we have nowhere to go then no we don't get dressed. But I take my son to school and in the afternoon I park and walk up to his class so we of course get dressed through the week unless there is no school.

Well he still spends a lot of time in baby grows so I change his baby grow :rofl: I only get him "dressed up" in proper clothes if we're going out haah x

I always get dressed, but my LO HATES getting dressed!

She absolutely loathe the whole exercise of getting clothing on, and on top of that, she throws up all day long, so getting her dressed if definitely something I do only if we go out.

Otherwise, I just slip her in a clean onesie and keep things simple for everyone.

In fact, I often put her in her nicer onesies when we go out too, like the nice mamas & papas type, which don't look like pj, but still keep things simple. I do like to treat myself to putting cute little dresses on her, but the event has to be a worthwhile one!

Yes we always get dressed, sometimes its not until the afternoon but with a toddler and a baby we very rarely spend all day in the house coz I'd go crazy lol. If DD1 is at nursery I usually keep her in pj's until after breakfast so she doesn't mess up her clothes. I usually have to get dressed before I get the girls up or I don't get chance :dohh:

If I am at home I'm in my pajamas! Even if I get dressed and do something then come home and if I'm going back out in an hour I will still put my pajamas on in between. I get the babies dressed everyday. It's mostly for fun and since we have a ton of clothes for them. We don't go anywhere really because its a pain in the ass. I like putting cute outfits on them and taking tons of pics.

sometimes i dont even dress her is we ARE going somewhere. or if i change her outfit from the night before i just change her into another sleeper. i figure sleepers are comfier than outfits, theyre also cheaper, cant lose a sock etc. nobody is judging me on what my 3 month old wears (at least i should HOPE not, as long as she's dressed appropriately for the weather) so i see no reason to make her change out of comfy clothes :) sometimes we put on new outfits so i can take a few pictures and she can show gramma. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->