Do you smoke?

Don't smoke, never would, my Dad has emphysema caused by cigarettes, & lots of my housebound patients are on permanent oxygen tanks through smoking. That's enough to put me off forever.

Saying that, my old auntie smoked all her life & lived to be 96. I guess it's just your luck! But I wouldn't take the risk, I love life & want to live a long one!

I used to but quit years ago (when I got with my OH so nearly 8 years ago), and have only ever had the odd drag here and there since then, usually when i'm out and drunk :dohh:
I still love the smell of fresh smoke though...is that wierd?? :shrug:

Those of you who quit then started again, what made you start up the second time? I don't mean it in a nasty way, just a curious way. Was it because people around you still smoked? :flower:

For me it was 2 reasons. Firstly, it was because I was very stressed with the baby and I temporarily split up with OH and moved in with my Dad. So I was 18 and on my own with a baby. And secondly because everyone at my Dad's smoked. x

I used to but quit years ago (when I got with my OH so nearly 8 years ago), and have only ever had the odd drag here and there since then, usually when i'm out and drunk :dohh:

Those of you who quit then started again, what made you start up the second time? I don't mean it in a nasty way, just a curious way. Was it because people around you still smoked? :flower:

To be honest and to some people this may be a crazy reason, but STRESS! I was diagnosed with PPD after LO was born and was put on anti-depressants. I got off them about 3 months ago and realized I shouldn't have. So, I picked the cigs up again and started smoking. For some reason they calm me.

To be honest and to some people this may be a crazy reason, but STRESS! I was diagnosed with PPD after LO was born and was put on anti-depressants. I got off them about 3 months ago and realized I shouldn't have. So, I picked the cigs up again and started smoking. For some reason they calm me.

Completely agree with this commet about the stress. It's daft because I know they don't remove the stress from my life when I am stressed but help for that particular moment. I was trying very hard the other day not to smoke, got to about 12-1 and my sister called and then being the way she is she decided to have a rant and criticise how I do things with LO and that was it, straight out for a cigarette. Stress = cigarette. I know some people won't beable to see this but everyone copes in different ways with stress and this is my way. Before I had LO I would have a drink lol

I started smoking at 14 and I quit when I was 21 when I found out I was expecting the girls. I havent had one since. Will be 3 years this year. :smug: It makes me proud to think that I did it and its saved me a fortune.

My mum and dad smoked too. Mum gave up for 5 years and started again and just recently quit again about 5 months ago. My dad stopped for 6 months and then his dad died and he started but has been 10 weeks without a fag..

My sister smokes and she cant give up, she has tried everything..

When I was younger, I used to have an occasional social cigarette when I was out with the girls (and very, very drunk :rofl:). They had to be menthol, I had to be wrecked, and it was usually only when a certain friend was out with me :blush:

I think even if I'd ever had any notion to pick up smoking, the module I'm doing at the moment on COPD would be enough to put me off for life :nope:

I do but never around connor and always outside and we always wash our hands after weve had one. Im gradualy cutting down though and hope to have stopped by the end of the year.

I stopped when i was pregnant and then i was just so stressed i started again

I did until Dec 2007 and then quit..best thing I ever did!

Never have, never will. I couldn't be doing with the hassle of going outside, having a shower and changing my clothes every time anyway. :D

I used to smoke but I quit about 8 years ago. :thumbup:

No :sick: thank god I never followed peer pressure when I was at school!

I do and have done on and off since I was 13; I quit when I was pregnant and for the first 8 months after, but started again. I smoke about 3-4 cigs a day, never ever around Carmen. Nobody is allowed to smoke anywhere near her, and DH and I are cutting down to try and quit soon.

I quit cold turkey when i found out i was pregnant after 5 years of smoking.
Best decision i have ever made for my baby... Although i cant say i wont start again someday :dohh:

I have never smoked. In italy by the way one isnt allowed to smoke in 200 metres proximity of children..

Non smoker here. I have smoked socially a few times but wouldn't touch it now. It was just for the experience the few times I tried it. Not for me.

I do. I started when I was 13, quit when I got pregnant and started again when she was 3 or 4 months. I never smoke around her though, only outside when she's asleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->