Do you/your kids wear brands?

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
Do you buy brand names for yourself/your kids?

I love to buy converse but there are times when I simply cannot afford 3 pairs of converse. Same goes for things like Hoodys, Hunter Wellies and Uggs.

I tend to look on eBay and head out bargains that way or just buy "unbranded" but similar looking.

So, do your kids wear brands? Is there anything that you wouldn't scrimp on? And likewise, anything you wouldn't want your kids to wear?

Yes my children do, but I tend to buy discounted (think M&M Direct) and factory outlet stores, except the one time I actually spent £100 on my daughters Uggs lol! I love the quality of the branded stuff, that said my children have a lot of unbranded stuff too - I wouldn't buy a lookalike unbranded something because imo it looks tacky, but each to their own on that one. I love a bargain and think you can get some lovely stuff in Tesco and Sainsburys (and Next!) and I love jammies from George. I don't stick just to branded and wouldn't even if I could afford to! xx

I do but not so much the girls. They wear clarks shoes, get their clothes in gap, next, monsoon etc but for tights and stuff usually asda as much cheaper and just as nice IMO

I would never spend more than £40 on an item of clothing for the girls. They grow too quick

The girls have converse each. Both costing less then £10 on ebay. Chucked them in the dishwasher and the are as good as new.

If i saw Hunters on sale I would get them some. Ive got some tHunters (TKMAX £40) and they are so comfortable.

EDIT - WASHING MACHINE!!!! :blush:

My kids wear hunters but only because we have ponies I wouldn't buy them hunters otherwise. Leah is 12 so very into brands ATM, jack wears very plain clothes and Lana is 3 so I don't buy brands as such but I do buy most of her tops and jackets from joules. She has converse but mostly prefers her little boots from tesco which cost a fiver in the sale. I don't buy brands for myself, I'm not fussed but I will spend over 100 on riding boots etc which I do buy the better brand of. Everyday wear I am good with tesco/Asda/new look etc. but that said I wanted headphones so bought beats :/ maybe I am more brand than I thought

Trainers yes, anything else, not really!

I don't see nothing wrong with it, it's just that nice stuff gets trashed here :rofl:

Most of Omar's outfits are from Tomy Helfigier & RL polo, his shoes are D&G, Lacoste & Deisel (he also have a jeans & some tops). We buy from shops like Mothercare (mainly training suits, socks & underwear), pabloski for shoes, M&S for black school shoes, Oshkosh (training suits), Carter for pjs, Okaidi (house wear & park clothes)...

I tried Next, M&S, H&M & Mothercare when he was younger but their fit is a bit funny, either too big & short for tops, or too long trousers. I dont buy from supermarkets at all.

We buy brands for ourselves, we can afford to buy brands for our kid, so I dont ses an issue, but I only buy during Sale & shopping festivals.

No, I don't buy brands for myself cause I'm just not into it. Much prefer a good topshop haul :)

Ava gets all her clothes from Next, shoes and boots from startrite (because they last fooorever)

Now and then. Tbf most of Lucas's branded clothes are hand me downs :lol:
I love timberland shoes, Lucas hasn't been able to ruin them yet (as opposed to a pair of boots we got in town the other month for £15, they fell apart within two weeks!). Clothes-wise I prefer M&S or occasionally next (though their t shirts wind me up). I do like asda's jeans on him though and good old Primark :lol:

Also I mix and match I don't just wear brands

Does anyone actually just wear brands ?

He doesn't wear anything with a stand out label. He has nice clothes and some expensive clothes but just not ones considered as branded in that sense. No real reason except that there's nothing branded that I've seen and liked/thought he needed.

For me, I will wear expensive clothes (often designers like Isabel Marant from Ebay etc) and I'll wear £2 vintage bits, and I'll wear highstreet stuff. I don't really have anything with a big brand name on it but that's just because it's not really what I like.

Not really. DD has had Converse and Vans but nothing else really.

Also I mix and match I don't just wear brands

Does anyone actually just wear brands ?

What do you consider as brands? I have outfits from Versace, naracamicie, miss 60, Karen Millen, Gerry Weber/ Taifun but I love Massimo Dutti & Tomy Helfigier for everyday wear. All my shoes & handbags are brands as in Fendi, CD, D&G, Tommy Helfigier, Polo, versace, Valentino, Salvatore Ferragamo, GF Ferre & so on (I have an impressive collection of handbags & shoes :rofl:)

ETA: yup, I'm dressed from top to bottom in brands, but I'm old (35), when I was in my 20s I had few branded stuff but those were kept for special occasions.

Isabelle has a mixture some designer/branded clothes and shoes like her hunters, converse and d&g jellies... But majority is next, george, TU I shop anywhere doesn't have to Be branded or new I get her some great preloved bargains too x

I don't see the point when she is so young and she grows so flaming quick. I just cannot justify paying out €100 for a top (or anything for that matter) that she'll be in for about a month. I don't buy anything designer for myself either because it's just too expensive (and not my style anyway). I do have converse though, but they're not really that expensive anyway in comparison to anything else. I have had to spend a bit on gym trainers though, not really a fashion item but my feet hurt so much in cheap ones that I've had no choice but to opt for more comfortable and better quality trainers.

We wear all named brands. My lo has Hugo boss coats& body Warner's, uggs Gucci trainers boss trainers.rl tops hoodies Dior ect.i only buy brands I go to the designer shop at the start of the season and choose what I want.

The girls have converse each. Both costing less then £10 on ebay. Chucked them in the dishwasher and the are as good as new.

If i saw Hunters on sale I would get them some. Ive got some tHunters (TKMAX £40) and they are so comfortable.

That made me LOL:rofl:

I thought the dishwasher was a new way of cleaning trainers that i hadn't heard of yet :rofl:

I don't wear things with brands on them. Just not my style. I have a few stores I know the clothes generally fit well and have cute things and I'll mostly shop their outlets.

I thought the dishwasher was a new way of cleaning trainers that i hadn't heard of yet :rofl:

I wondered if they went in with the dishes until I saw the edit, I was genuinely puzzled (I don't have a dishwasher and can't work the one at work despite being shown many times!) :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->