Do you/your kids wear brands?

I buy all our clothes from Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Matalan, M&S etc. I think I must be the only person in the world who doesn't like Next!!
I have 3 young children and they never get more than a few months out of their clothes as they grow out if them. I'm also happy with clothes from these places. As a family we're not into clothes. Family members buy the children clothes from Next so they do have a few outfits from there.

I buy their shoes in Clarks as I hate the thought of them wearing cheap shoes from H&M, primark etc as I wouldn't wear these myself.

DS1 and DS2 clothes all come from NEXT

1 - because I LOVE their clothes

and

2 - its just easier - I set myself a limit of £100 per invoice on my credit account as i like to pay off the balance each month so that i dont pay interest. so il buy £100 worth of clothes and then pay that statement off in time for the payment due date and then il start again that way i never pay interest and its far much easier then trailing round the shops.

DS2 dont wear shoes yet but when he does he will have clarks til around the age of 2.

DS1 is a F fitting now so I buy him shoes from NEXT or JD - hes currently got a pair of Adidas high tops and a pair of NEXT high tops and a pair of wellies. then he also has 2 pairs of Blue Zoo shoes that he never really wears

My OH generally gets his clothes from Burton and mine are from various high street shops

I don't buy anything that i'd class as a brand for Tom with the exception of 1 Ted Baker top I found for his 4th birthday party. I just don't see the point when he's little and I'm not into brands at all myself.

DH loves Ted Baker and would buy everything from there but has to make do with Next mostly.

We buy brands for shoes - clarks for the boys, hush puppies/DMs etc for me and OH. Other than that almost all clothing is from the supermarket, unless it's a gift from someone. There are a few kids brands I love like Boden, Hatley and Pumpkin Patch, but I buy them 2nd hand on ebay. I honestly don't know how anyone can afford the full price brands. I look at supermarket stuff and think it's a lot!

I only buy clarks shoes for elijah. He has a lot of next clothing but its mostly off ebay second hand or passed down from friends. I like polarn o pyret outerwear as its really good swedish quality and super warm in this winter weather. H and m is great and tesco. Not keen on asda stuff unless its plain, not into clothes with loads of writing on.

I mostly wear unbranded, h&m or next.

I refuse to buy anything because it's a brand name. Tbh I find it pointless. I buy brands because I specifically like the product. For instance I buy Fitflop boots because they are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn.
I have Coach bags purely because I was bought them as presents.

In my expierence branded good are quite often no better quality than non-branded and therefore all you are paying the overinflated price for is to have a brand name splashed across it. If by paying the extra you got better quality then I'd pay the extra.

By brands do you mean designer? DS has a few designer items but they were gifts. I buy most of DS and DD's clothes from John Lewis, H&M, Joules, Mini Boden, Next, Gap and M&S. So high street type brands. I don't own any designer items- I shop at New Look, Next and H&M mainly.
I don't have anything against brands, as long as they don't have the brand name all over them as I just find that tacky.

We all wear a mix really.

I wear real uggs, hunter wellies, converse, have a Ralph Lauren jumper. Then a mix of Highstreet brands like Topshop, New Look Miss Selfridge etc.

The kids have converse, adidas/nike trainers, both have adidas tracksuits, some Ralph Lauren bits then lots of Next and a few bits from places like h&m, TU, Tesco.

OH used to live in adidas but we've changed him slightly (seen as though I was sick of him spending £30 a Tshirt) he wears mainly brands though!

Not really, no. I'd class 'brands' as named goods like Ralph Lauren/Burberry etc.

Millie wears mostly NEXT & supermarket clothes, a couple of Junior J bits.

She got UGGS for Xmas :dohh:

I buy fairly expensive clothes for myself but not necessarily designer but top end high street. But also like supermarket clothes too, which are good now I get breastmilk & food spat at me! Lol

For the most part yes, we buy name brand clothing and accessories. Most things I've (prematurely) bought for our unborn baby are by First Moments, Carters and Gerber.

A mixture here too, some because I like the look of it and some because from experience I find it lasts longer. The kids get mainly from carters with some target, childrens place, gap etc mixed in. Mine is either from mall stores like gap or target. I do have a few pairs of uggs because they're comfy and seem to not hurt my feet which most other shoes do. I dont wear anything too expensive, my baby has severe reflux so everything gets drenched several times a day!

If we could afford it I would buy them designer stuff so that they had a mixture. Like I would love to get them some tommy hilfiger jeans and dungarees but I just can't justify spending big amounts on clothing as we aren't rich haha!! Most of their things are from Next with a few bits from tescos & sainsburys.

We're on quite a tight income so I could never afford to buy new brand-name clothes at full price! I'm not really bothered by/into labels but OH has a few 'branded' tops I've bought him during sales. LO and myself have no designer gear!

My own clothes are usually New Look. I consider stores like Topshop and Miss Selfridge on the pricey side and a real treat when I can get a few bits there! Most of my OH's stuff is Topman or Burton. For LO it's Clarkes shoes and lots of H&M and George with a bit of NEXT and John Lewis. I also love Ebay for babies and toddlers! xx

Yes, ds has quite a few people (us included) who buy him designer clothes, he has quite a few polo jumpers and cardigans to name the ones he wears the most. We have a set budget for clothes and tend to only buy what he needs. Having said that I find Zara and H&M good value for money as far as high street clothes go.

Not really. My girls wear NEXT and H&M mainly, school shoes are clarks and trainers are uually nikes, wellies are just average shop ones. I wear highstreet and irregular choice boots, actually I dont class much we wear as branded x

Emily has converse & clarks but all her clothes are Next, H&M, Dunnes Stores, Penneys, Tescos, Debenhams, Name It, M&S etc she hasn't had any designer clothes yet, she wouldn't get enough wear out of them to justify the price I think anyway.

I don't really, I have odd bits like converse trainers or ugg boots, but don't just buy brands!
My little boy wears mainly stuff from next x

I have bit of a mix really, I like Ralph Lauren for Zach, especially I'm summer. But can't afford it all the time. They always have branded footwear, but thats because their dad is a snobby labelaholic and no matter what I do I can't change him lol! Madi has some RalphLauren stuff, they both have Nike/Adidas/Converse stuff, and I just brought Madi a really Chavvy Juicy velour track suit.
Then just your usual mix of Tesco, H&M, am Next really.

For me and my husband, we don't care. The only exception being shoes. We almost exclusively buy Skechers, due to durability and comfort. Though they've discontinued my husband's preferred style, and I don't want to think about how long it'll take to find something new.

For Mal, I gravitate to Carter's because so far their stuff has fit him best for the longest periods of time. And it's all pretty cute. For my budget, designer baby clothes aren't worth the price for how fast he'll outgrow it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->