Do you/your kids wear brands?

If it's something I like and happens to be branded I get it. LO shoes are usually a brand either converse or Adidas- he just ruins clarks and Adidas seem to wear much better. I dislike big logos on things. We have an outlet shopping centre near and I will occasionally get Ralph Lauren things for him.
Hubby wears a lot of super dry. I don't really buy brands for myself

Not brands as such but my kids clothes are all from the same few places: Boden, Frugi, Jojo maman bebe, Joules and Toby Tiger.

Other than always getting Clarks shoes for lo I don't buy brands. Wearing brands is another thing - we've had lots of hand me downs from one of oh's relatives who is into designer stuff and as a result we've had a few Ralph Lauren baby outfits and such like! I also work for a brand and get lots of cheap sample sale stuff, oh practically lives in our brand (don't want to say who it is).

Most of lo's clothes are sainsburys or tesco, sometimes h&m. I don't see the point in spending a lot on something that will get grown out of before it's worn out. I mostly shop in new look or h&m for myself. I'd like to make my own clothes but don't have the time these days, because of my job I certainly notice that the cheapish clothes I buy aren't amazing quality but at the moment it's just easier and affordable.

I think I have a bit of a split personality as I've never been into branded clothing for myself but my job involves creating product ranges for a clothing brand - I have to be aware of market trends and be able to target the consumer but I'm not that consumer at all myself. I am good at it though lol!

Other than always getting Clarks shoes for lo I don't buy brands. Wearing brands is another thing - we've had lots of hand me downs from one of oh's relatives who is into designer stuff and as a result we've had a few Ralph Lauren baby outfits and such like! I also work for a brand and get lots of cheap sample sale stuff, oh practically lives in our brand (don't want to say who it is).

Most of lo's clothes are sainsburys or tesco, sometimes h&m. I mostly shop in new look or h&m for myself.

I think I have a bit of a split personality as I've never been into branded clothing but my job involves creating product ranges for a clothing brand - I have to be aware of market trends and be able to target the consumer but I'm not that consumer at all myself. I am good at it though lol!

Maybe that's why you are so good at your job though. You have an unbiased perspective and no emotional attachment! :)

personally, only from ebay - although I did buy Ewan some converse baby grows taht were on sale. My sister is a brand freak though and decks the kids out in Next or H&M, but then I class that as brand, not just like Converse, anything that's not supermarket to me is brand.
Ive stopped buying anything Disney though as the quality is shockingly bad! everything ive bought or been given by them has been destroyed after 1 wash at 30 degrees!

I do buy them Verbaudet stuff, but dunno if thats classed as a brand?

We have a mix of things for my little one...most of his clothes are from Next and Debenhams...however if we like something which is branded we will not hesistate to get it. He has branded trainers and timberland boots, clarkes shoes etc. x

personally, only from ebay - although I did buy Ewan some converse baby grows taht were on sale. My sister is a brand freak though and decks the kids out in Next or H&M, but then I class that as brand, not just like Converse, anything that's not supermarket to me is brand.
Ive stopped buying anything Disney though as the quality is shockingly bad! everything ive bought or been given by them has been destroyed after 1 wash at 30 degrees!

When OP said brand I thought she meant stuff with a showy logo that can be put on things :shrug: I don't think H&M is any more of a brand than George or Tu.

My ds and dh have converse but that's about it really the have the odd thing as a gift but I don't buy not because can't afford I don't tend to like them.
Both kids only wear clothes from next and boden I don't like from anywhere else. But I will wear from high street I don't really wear trainers
Ike converse I'm mainly a boots type of girl that I get from dune

When OP said brand I thought she meant stuff with a showy logo that can be put on things :shrug: I don't think H&M is any more of a brand than George or Tu.

Surely H&M is just high street :shrug: cheaper end high street at that, I wouldn't class it as brand

Ive had alot of disney clothing for both boys and no problems with any of it (both disney store and from other shops too.)

I used to love Disney Store clothes but some of it is rubbish quality. Someone got Lucas a t-shirt from there a while back, one wash and the printed design on the front had come right off :wacko:
Other stuff from there has been lovely though tbf.

My LO used to live in baby Dior, ted baker, Ralph Lauren etc now, I don't think he owns one branded item of clothing, I struggle to pay my rent each week these days so clothes are last priority really, when we buy some he chooses his own from George or mothercare x

No, I don't think we have a single branded item in the house. I don't see the point of it.

Pretty much all their clothes come from next. They both have a few Fred Perry this and I never but unbranded shoes apart from Wellys. I couldn't send my child out in crap trainers is feel guilty cus I wouldn't wearv them! My uggsv are real, I don't like buying stuff that just looks like a brand rather it actually be the brand. I do wear unbranded stuff though. It's mainly shoes I buy brand for myself.
DH will only wear top Man, urban outfitters or fred Perry basically. v

DS has converse, vans, timberlands and adidas trainers as well as Clark's and the vast majority of his clothes are from next.

I have converse and uggs. I wouldn't buy the knock of version of either and only buy on sale!

I buy Converse yes, i find them hardwearing, a good fit and comfortable for all of us. In fact Evelyns that she grows out of go to Ivy. Evelyn wears them almost every day and they still wash up fine for Ivy. I've had a pair for 2 years and they are still fine.

I buy my clothes between George, Primark, H&M.

The girls wear a lot of Next but i only buy from the sale really, or second hand. They also wear a fair amount of George and H&M.

:)

The only branded things he has are gifts from other people. I bought him a second hand pair of Vans once - that was about it.

I don't think we own any designer labels or big brand stuff..
I get most of my clothes from places like Topshop/H&M/New Look and the kids a lot of their stuff is from Next because I just constantly fall in love with their childrens range lol, again H&M because I love their stuff.
I'll buy from anywhere really if I see something I like, I'll get it.

I just buy what I like the look of really. I have a couple of pairs of nice shoes (in the attic actually, as I never get chance to wear them!) and things like Converse... I guess they're a 'brand name' but not a designer brand. When we need something, I tend to start off looking in shops like H&M, the supermarkets etc, then if I don't find something quite right I check the next level up e.g. Next, Boden, M&S, then onto Debenhams, John Lewis, House of Fraser. I don't think I've ever had to go higher up than that! I don't see the point starting at the top just because you can, it's just a waste of money when kids grow so quickly and we've found even the very cheapest stuff good for two kids (and will be passed onto family for their kids too). For me, I get bored of things quite quickly so I wouldn't get my money's worth from designer stuff and then I'd feel guilty.

I did ask OH a while ago how rich he thinks you'd have to be to not consider the cost when shopping. I concluded I'd have to be literally rolling in it before I wouldn't care! We do pretty well but I just can't bring myself to pay hundreds for something that isn't really any better than the cheaper stuff.

I don't own any designer brand gear, neither do the girls.

If I won the lottery I may consider buying a designer handbag though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->