Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

hey y'all, mind if i hang around?

im not sure i'll be getting my IUI before the end of 2012 as i'm having problems finding a donor. i've been trying for 7 years, and they're not sure if they want to do clomid or iui next. im rooting for iui!

it'll be my first, and i was wondering how painful it is?

I agree with Holly. My IUI was not painful at all. I could feel something going on down there but that is about it.

hey y'all, mind if i hang around?

im not sure i'll be getting my IUI before the end of 2012 as i'm having problems finding a donor. i've been trying for 7 years, and they're not sure if they want to do clomid or iui next. im rooting for iui!

it'll be my first, and i was wondering how painful it is?

Welcome!! :flower:

We took a few weeks to choose our donor.... its a tough decision. (Now we've been told we have to pick again ):dohh:
I didn't find that the IUI hurt at all. A little uncomfortable sometimes, but definitely didn't hurt. The people that do it, do it for a living, so they get pretty good at it. Im on clomid and doing IUI so let me know if I can be of any help

I have a friend who's offered to help me... but after talking to the doctors, he may not be able to help after all as they said there's a chance the baby would be "too big". (i'm 6'1" and he's close to 7 feet, and both of us were huge babies). so im back at square one. my ob said the fs will most likely suggest going to IUI as i have PCOS (or maybe not. they're still deciding!:dohh:)

i've heard of it as referred to as nothing more than what you'd feel for a pap. which would rock, cause i never felt those:thumbup: do you have to take a trigger for the IUI no matter what?

Hi ladies.

Just popping in to say my 6th IUI failed.

I'm now waiting to see if the NHS will give me one free try at DIVF.

Thinking of you all and hoping for lots of lovely :bfp:

Hi Ladies,
I don't mean to cause unease amongst you but Nordic Cryobank, a facility that provides sperm for European Sperm Bank has just gone under investigation here in DK for not screening their donors for NF1. This is coming to light after 9 babies have been found to have this disease. Unfortunately this isn't the first time this bank has been negligent with NF1.
I've been trying to find the story in English to share with y'all but so far I've only found the Danish articles. Again, sorry ladies. I know some of you use European Sperm Bank.

RainAngel - My IUI I felt less than my pap so hopefully it would be that easy for you too. I have heard that PCOS babies tend to be bigger all on their own so I can see why there would be a concern for that. You don't necessarily have to have a trigger shot. My clinic said that in most cases they'll trigger but I ended up having my natural LH surge the same day they measured a mature follicle so I didn't have to trigger. (What a waste of money for the meds though!)

Silverbell - I am so sorry it didn't work out for you again. Hopefully IVF is the right thing for you and it works out perfectly the very first time. Wishing you lots of luck with it!

Silverbell - I'm so sorry your last round didn't work :hugs:

I was wondering about the trigger injections as well. I asked my FS last time we were there and he said that there is really no need for them...... I'm kinda confused because it sounds like most of you ladies are getting them. Are any of you from BC? My dr is the 3rd rated endocrinologist in Canada, so I trust his judgement, but I always wonder if maybe we should try.

RainAngel - My IUI I felt less than my pap so hopefully it would be that easy for you too. I have heard that PCOS babies tend to be bigger all on their own so I can see why there would be a concern for that. You don't necessarily have to have a trigger shot. My clinic said that in most cases they'll trigger but I ended up having my natural LH surge the same day they measured a mature follicle so I didn't have to trigger. (What a waste of money for the meds though!)

I know next to nothing about PCOS, because my dr hasnt told me squat about it. i think i have a lp defect as mine is anywhere from 8-12 days, so im not even sure im ovulating right. ive also been told PCOS women cant have babies on their own - neverminding that i was pregnant without any meds 2 years ago! i dont like the idea of shots so hopefully i wont have to. but then again, timing is everything.

I know next to nothing about PCOS, because my dr hasnt told me squat about it. i think i have a lp defect as mine is anywhere from 8-12 days, so im not even sure im ovulating right. ive also been told PCOS women cant have babies on their own - neverminding that i was pregnant without any meds 2 years ago! i dont like the idea of shots so hopefully i wont have to. but then again, timing is everything.

It depends on how PCOS affects you as to whether you can conceive naturally. For me, I have insanely long natural cycles. Anywhere from around 60-100+ days long so it would be extremely hard for me to even know when to try since my ovulation time is never the same. Plus, the longer your cycles, the less likely the egg and your lining is of good quality. Add to that the male factor and we didn't even have a chance. But, I ovulated great by just using clomid this cycle. Everyone is different though.

I was curious about the trigger too as from what I know, it appears my cycles are pretty normal so I didn't think there was any need/reason for me to trigger but I'll have to ask the office more questions about that.

From what my doctor told me, if they see a mature follicle (20mm or larger) they'll have you trigger that night unless the bloodwork from that morning comes back with an LH surge. When I was in the clinic the morning before my IUI they told me I would be triggering that night but then when they called with the blood results that afternoon they told me to skip my trigger since I had my natural LH surge instead.

Hi Ladies,
I don't mean to cause unease amongst you but Nordic Cryobank, a facility that provides sperm for European Sperm Bank has just gone under investigation here in DK for not screening their donors for NF1. This is coming to light after 9 babies have been found to have this disease. Unfortunately this isn't the first time this bank has been negligent with NF1.
I've been trying to find the story in English to share with y'all but so far I've only found the Danish articles. Again, sorry ladies. I know some of you use European Sperm Bank.

Oh crap, that's where my donor was from. If you can find any info, I would appreciate it. What is NF1?

Raelyn- I just saw your signature! Congratulations!!

Thanks! Still very cautiously optimistic but I had a great 1st beta today of 166 :) Praying this one sticks

It depends on how PCOS affects you as to whether you can conceive naturally. For me, I have insanely long natural cycles. Anywhere from around 60-100+ days long so it would be extremely hard for me to even know when to try since my ovulation time is never the same. Plus, the longer your cycles, the less likely the egg and your lining is of good quality. Add to that the male factor and we didn't even have a chance. But, I ovulated great by just using clomid this cycle. Everyone is different though.

my cycles were usually 6 months - or more. when i got pregnant naturally, i have NO idea how it happened. when i was trying with oh, he already had 5 kids, so they said it was all me. im quite confused on it all, and its annoying, but there's not much i can do except get them to fix - or attempt - to fix me.

Guenhwyvar- I just found a few articles and had them translated by Google. I'm freaking out, we have already ordered 2 units from that sperm bank. And to know they allowed a donor for 42 children when they said their limit was 25 is concerning too.

I sent an email to our agency who is a sperm bank broker. I definitely want to look into this.

Here's a link to info on NF1 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001850/
All the babies that have contracted it are from the same donor and they all seem to be located here in Scandinavia. I think you should be relatively safe. If you have to order more vials (crossing my fingers this will be your lucky round) maybe it'll be worth looking at another supplier. I know I had ruled them out as an option for me (even though the headquarters is just an hour away) because of a few previous scandals. Now though.. I wouldn't give them any future business out of respect to all those families. Law here says they (normal healthy donors) can't donate more than 25-40 times because of genetic disease and that they are not allowed to "father" more than 25 children worldwide. Add that to the fact that they knew babies were being born with NF1 and NOT pulled the donor because they found it medically irrelevant and you have a company that just doesn't care, and a government that is ticked off and wanting to remove their license.
I'm sorry CB, try not to stress out too much. I'm sure your clinic will do some snooping for you. In the meantime just focus on the fact that this donor has been pulled.

Guenhwyvar- I just found a few articles and had them translated by Google. I'm freaking out, we have already ordered 2 units from that sperm bank. And to know they allowed a donor for 42 children when they said their limit was 25 is concerning too.

I sent an email to our agency who is a sperm bank broker. I definitely want to look into this.

Congrats Rae! This is your time sweetie! :)

Wow thanks for the info on cryo, that is scandulous!

I just sent another email to agency I bought the sperm from. I know this sounds crazy, but I wonder if my Visa would refund me? I had no idea there were other scandals with the agency. I feel sick.

I found this article too: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19711565

I want to be able to trust my sperm bank 100%. To think they have allowed that many babies and didn't pull his sperm after getting reports of that health issues is unforgivable.

CM~ Is there anyway to find out if the donor has been tested for this? Maybe something they can do at the clinic? Maybe the donor was pulled like Guen said and everything will be ok. With all the extra requirements since you are in Canada I would think that you should be safe and that they wouldn't let this in.

Realynn~ Congrats! Great beta!

Sorry I don't post much in here anymore. I just felt like it was the right thing to do a while back. I hope you all are well. If anyone ever has any questions about this process please feel free to pm me. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->