Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

Hi everyone! Can I join your group? I'm 32, TTC on my own, and I'm getting ready for IUI #5 after a failed IVF. There's just no way I can afford another IVF right now but I hate to waste months without trying anything. I'm in the process of picking a new donor since I'm starting to think maybe I just don't mesh well with the current one. Hoping AF shows up in the next couple of days and then I'll be on 100mg clomid cd3-7 with IUI somewhere around cd12-13. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and best wishes for lots of BFPs!

Hi everyone! Can I join your group? I'm 32, TTC on my own, and I'm getting ready for IUI #5 after a failed IVF. There's just no way I can afford another IVF right now but I hate to waste months without trying anything. I'm in the process of picking a new donor since I'm starting to think maybe I just don't mesh well with the current one. Hoping AF shows up in the next couple of days and then I'll be on 100mg clomid cd3-7 with IUI somewhere around cd12-13. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and best wishes for lots of BFPs!

:hi: I'm glad you found the thread I was talking about. The ladies here are wonderful and a great support.

MrsC- I don't think they test for this one because it's rare, but my issue is that they knew about it and didn't pull the donor or notify anyone. If our donor's offspring are showing some medical issue, I would want to know before using the sperm. Plus 45 babies when they promise 20 is a huge issue with me.

AZlissie- Welcome! I can't blame you for wanting to continue to try in the meantime.

My partner and I are using ds also for our iui. This will be my second one. My first one I did it with just my OBGYN and it didn't work. For this time around I went with a local fertility clinic because I was anticipating ovulating on a weekend and my OBGYN would not do IUI's on Saturday or Sunday. I'm 7dpiui. I got a trigger shot and have been having some "symptoms" like creamy cm and pretty sore and tender breasts but I don't want to have my hopes up since I think it could be from the trigger. In my first try, completely unmedicated, I also felt I had "tons" of symptoms but nothing happened. I will not be testing until day 14 since I don't want to risk having a false positive.

When can I expect to stop having symptoms from trigger?

Good luck to you all!

Welcome to the new ladies!! Polita, I didn't really have any symptoms with the trigger (that I noticed anyways) except maybe being exhausted, so I really can't help you there. But from what I've read it's usually out of your system about 10-12 after. I'm currently 10dpiui and unfortunately decided to test out the trigger. I took another test this morning and BFN. I know it might be too early but I just don't feel pregnant...however I guess I don't know what that feels like haha. The only thing I can say about now is I'm extremely thirsty and tired. Which those could be caused by that icky Prometrium suppository. Lots of baby dust and let us know what you find out!

Welcome to the new ladies!! Polita, I didn't really have any symptoms with the trigger (that I noticed anyways) except maybe being exhausted, so I really can't help you there. But from what I've read it's usually out of your system about 10-12 after. I'm currently 10dpiui and unfortunately decided to test out the trigger. I took another test this morning and BFN. I know it might be too early but I just don't feel pregnant...however I guess I don't know what that feels like haha. The only thing I can say about now is I'm extremely thirsty and tired. Which those could be caused by that icky Prometrium suppository. Lots of baby dust and let us know what you find out!

Thanks! I noticed on day of trigger I had a headache which lasted for like two long days since I didn't want to take anything. Then I just noticed more creamy cm (it's usually dry after ovulation) and yesterday the soreness of the breasts. I'm 8 days past the trigger shot. It seems that today I might have less of the cm so maybe it's leaving my system.

I think that 12 dpiui could be too soon. If you implanted at around 10, then it might be barely getting to your urine. I would hold out until day 14. Last cycle I tested from around 9 dpiui and saw a loooooot of BFN. This time I'm waiting. If no AF by the 4th, then I'll test on that day.

Even if you don't feel pregnant, don't lose hope. I literally told my hubby that I didn't feel pregnant at all this time but then a few days later I got some really mild cramping different than AF usually is and got a BFP. So, you never know!

Rea-Congratulations!!:flower:

Canandian-Let us know what the clinic says. That's disgusting and so very scary! Can they refund your money?

Welcome all of the new ladies to the thread!:flower:

Polita-Which trigger shot did you have? I have read that the HCG Trigger 10,000 iu can take up to 10 days to leave your system. I took the HCG Trigger last cycle and I tested it out around 6 days (though I have a very tough time seeing faint lines on POAS tests). This month I took Ovidrel and am opting out of testing it out this month. I read that it can take around 6 days for it to test of your system. I have been having a lot more mild symptoms with this trigger than the last one. Keep in mind metabolisms vary :haha: We are also cycle buddies! I should be testing around the 4th too!

AZ-I'm on IUI #3, if this one doesn't work I'm contemplating on switching donors fearing that we don't "mesh" well either.

I switched donors from IUI to IVF. I have no issues and IUI never worked so I was afraid of the meshing also. New donor and I have 22 "really good" embryo's... so maybe a donor switch is a good thing. :)

Rea-Congratulations!!:flower:

Canandian-Let us know what the clinic says. That's disgusting and so very scary! Can they refund your money?

Welcome all of the new ladies to the thread!:flower:

Polita-Which trigger shot did you have? I have read that the HCG Trigger 10,000 iu can take up to 10 days to leave your system. I took the HCG Trigger last cycle and I tested it out around 6 days (though I have a very tough time seeing faint lines on POAS tests). This month I took Ovidrel and am opting out of testing it out this month. I read that it can take around 6 days for it to test of your system. I have been having a lot more mild symptoms with this trigger than the last one. Keep in mind metabolisms vary :haha: We are also cycle buddies! I should be testing around the 4th too!

AZ-I'm on IUI #3, if this one doesn't work I'm contemplating on switching donors fearing that we don't "mesh" well either.

Redhead, not sure about what shot they gave me but I'm thinking it wasn't ovidrel. I thought at one time that I might test the trigger out and see how long it took to leave my body but I decided not to...those tests are expensive!

The only "symptoms" I've had, I think I mentioned it before, are the cm (although it´s not as much today) and the breast which are pretty sore as I type but, again, it's been eight days after trigger so maybe too soon to be anything different.

My donor has pregnancies, what about yours? My RE said that was a very important thing to take into account when choosing a donor.

Would it be alright if I joined in ? I am not on a whole lot im busy with renovations and running a hobby farm...but its nice to know there are nice ladies who can relate!!
Well here is my story so far....

Me - PCOS which is being treated with Metformin
DH- Vascetomy from previous relationship after 2 children.

Fast forward a few years and now we are together and wanting to have a baby. I have no children of my own. We started looking into our options and were suprized by how many options are really out there. We spent much time looking at each options researching, asking, reading books etc. After months of talking things out we have a choice made! We decided on going with IUI with donor sperm. After all a child can be made by anyone but the male figure that is always there for them is what makes a dad, my DH said he has no issues with it not biologically being his...GREAT and on we went to the fertility clinic.

I was very nervous about seeing the doctor but excited aswell. She laid out all the options and explained them. We told her our choice for IUI and donor sperm. She sent us home with alot of papers to read and where to start looking for donor sperm. We spent alot of weeks looking at different sites, as time was getting less and less for us to look since i was planning to get the IUI the next cycle (2.5 weeks) someone had to be picked. At first i looked into every aspect of each donor.... then I realized I was looking much too far into it. So just like that we picked someone we kept going back to.

I got sent for alot of blood work to make sure i am completely healthy, all came back well. I also have been taking OPK just to see how things are working ( if they are ). Unfortunately ovulation wasnt strong enough so I was prescribed Clomid.

I am taking Metformin 1500mg a day
doctor prescribed Clomid 100mg days 2-6 of cycle
Also taking Folic acid 1mg a day
No basal temp because I work shift work
Taking OPK's starting day 7 of cycle

SEPT 24TH-CYCLE DAY 1- Period start. Heavy cramping which is normal for me. Metformin 1500mg and folic acid 1mg

SEPT 25TH- CYCLE DAY 2-Period. CLOMID 100MG. No side effects. Metformin 1500mg folic acid 1mg.

SEPT 26TH - CYCLE DAY 3- Period only minimal just abit of brown and only used 1 panty liner. shorter period then normal ...maybe the clomid??? CLOMID 100MG at 11:00am. Had what i think was my first symptoms to Clomid. A couple hot flashes in the afternoon. Crampy in lower back left side in evening. 1500MG Metformin and 1MG Folic acid. Got a call from the clinic and the order ( sperm donor vial ) has arrived... woohoo count down is on till O now !!! Feeling very positive about this

MrsC- I don't think they test for this one because it's rare, but my issue is that they knew about it and didn't pull the donor or notify anyone. If our donor's offspring are showing some medical issue, I would want to know before using the sperm. Plus 45 babies when they promise 20 is a huge issue with me.

AZlissie- Welcome! I can't blame you for wanting to continue to try in the meantime.

I understand what you are saying. I was just wondering if there was anything your clinic can do. Honestly I would be freaking out as well. The 45 when only 25 is allowed would be enough to push me over the edge. It just shows that some places don't follow rules and that is very unsettling. I'm sorry you are having to have this stress when everything was just figured out. Please let me know what the clinic/bank/ and any other place you have contacted says. :hugs:

Welcome to the new ladies!

want2be~ I was in the exact same spot as you except I don't have PCOS. My DH had a vasectomy and we wanted children together. IVF was way out of the cards for us but there was a time I thought we could make it work. DIUI has been the right choice for us. Fx for you!

I am 3dpiui with donor sperm. Im using donor sperm because im a lesbian. Its my first try. My partner and I are a little nervous cause my u/s showed 6 mature follicles and I have no known fertility issues. Praying it takes but praying for no more than 2! :) Good Luck to you all!

I decided to see if I still had trigger in my system (given I woke up at 2 am today and couldn't go back to sleep again because how sore my boobs are). So I POAS at around 5 and it was negative so I suppose it's safe to say that trigger is out of my system. I'm 9 dp trigger shot and 8dpiui. I won't test again until 14 dpiui.

I'm sorry for the post and run, I'm trying to gather some information really quickly because of some correspondance I've had with my sperm bank. I was just told the number of births worldwide for our sperm bank is 10 higher than I had been originally quoted.

How many family units (births) does your sperm bank allow per donor?

The place we used is 25 in the US or 15 international. I think thats what they are saying. The donor we picked is no longer available.

https://www.cryolab.com/termsOfUse.shtml#LimitsOnBirth

What did they tell you?

Fairfax Cryobank is the same - 25 in the US, 15 International

raelynn congrats on the second beta! How many dpo are you?

First I was told 30 all together, back in July.

Then yesterday, they said 15 in Canada. So, I asked if his sperm was only available in Canada or elsewhere. They said 40 worldwide.

That seems like a lot, but it probably doesn't matter. For some reason, those extra 10 really freaked me out today. I don't think they would have bothered me if I had been told 40 from the beginning.

What else are they not telling me? I feel paranoid about it now...

Raelyn- 18dpo is a milestone when charting, that's when it seems really real. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->