Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

The trigger can give off many pregnancy symptoms for some and none for others. I didn't have any symptoms of the trigger but my nipps became very sore at about 4dpo. Thats when all my true symptoms started. The small cramping that didn't feel like AF and horrible pimples (that I still have). I think the trigger just treats everyone differently. I found it best to test it out everyday using the cheapie tests.

WANB is your cramping all the time or just random?

When do you have your betas ladies?

Good luck ladies! I hope this is it for you!
:dust::dust::dust:

I was getting random pinching pains on and off over the last 24 hours but it's gone now. It was quite uncomfortable/tender but not painful, just on my right side. I am definitely more aware down there. I sneezed earlier and i had to hold onto my lower tummy. I'm not reading into it, I think it's either from the trigger or I have a cyst :(

How are you Mrs C? Is I sinking in yet? I bet you wake up everyday still shocked :)

I hope you don't have a cyst. I had a huge one and it was the worst pain I have felt ever. It is still there but slowly shrinking. Fx its just your LO implanting!

I'm hanging in there, thank you for asking. Still in shock a little bit. I think once we know the genders it will become more real. Although not being able to fit into my previous clothes is a huge reality check. Other than that things have been great. A few things come up after the bfp that we are trying to be comfortable with. One being people making jokes saying "oh I hope they don't have his feet or his big head." It is all in joking but it does sting a little. We are learning to laugh it off and move on.

Hi ladies!
Doing a drive by, though I'll try and check in a bit more frequently to catch up on everyone's story.

Polita-Our donor has documented pregnancies. Did you see them give you the trigger shot? The HCG needs to be mixed together and the Ovidrel comes all done up in the syringe (or that's what I've seen anyway).

Want2beamama-Having more than a few babies at one time is a concern of ours too!

I'm on my 2nd cycle of 50 mg of Clomid. I have very terrible heavy, clotty, crampy periods normally. The first cycle of Clomid my period was great...very light, I had a lot of energy. I did have terrible hot flashes at times. The second period on Clomid was clotty with terrible cramps. I also went kind of...crazy :blush: I don't know if it was from a second failed cycle of IUI, and just being so frustrated, but I was horribly depressed and manic. DH felt the brunt of it unfortunately. There are a few concerns with Clomid, one the girls addressed already is cysts, another is it can make your uterus lining thin. All things to think about.

I'm 8 dpiui and am feeling pretty good. I'm trying not to over think anything. I have a cold which is going around that I can't seem to shake. The sides of my boobs are sore and I have a hefty appetite which is very unusual for me. I also have been peeing a lot, but what else is new for the TWW? :wacko:

How's everyone feeling? When are you all testing?

Hi ladies!

Polita-Our donor has documented pregnancies. Did you see them give you the trigger shot? The HCG needs to be mixed together and the Ovidrel comes all done up in the syringe (or that's what I've seen anyway).

Redhead, they did mix up something.

I'll be testing on the 4th. I'm trying to wait until that day if AF doesn't show up before (hopefully it won't)

I'm testing on Friday, I won't be going for a beta (until its a positive of course)

I'm feeling good, tired/groggy like I do just before my af.

MrsC I can understand how things can come up, I have slight concerns when we have a baby, for my husband, introducing our baby, it is so natural for people's conversations about who the baby looks like, that's all it tends to be when they are babies, I must say ive noticed i do it!! Recently I heard one Aunty saying to the father, I don't see you in her at all. I know this is all part of it, our lives, I know it may become funny, like our secret where we can laugh but it's gotta sting sometimes.

Redhead7211- We did talk about multiples and I've actually come to the thought that I would love twins aslong as all 3 of us were healthy. 3 would be alot. I wish there was monitoring....

I tested this morning 14dpiui and BFN. I have some awful pimples and I was hoping I could at least find out they were worth it. This was only our first IUI and our doctor likes to try it twice and if it doesn't work they suggest IVF. I honestly don't know how I'll find the strength to try again. It's like at this point I'm losing all hope. If it comes down to IVF, we just can't afford it. Who knows. Guess its another month of waiting, medicating, & waiting. Sigh. I hope one of us has a BFP this cycle!!

I tested this morning 14dpiui and BFN. I have some awful pimples and I was hoping I could at least find out they were worth it. This was only our first IUI and our doctor likes to try it twice and if it doesn't work they suggest IVF. I honestly don't know how I'll find the strength to try again. It's like at this point I'm losing all hope. If it comes down to IVF, we just can't afford it. Who knows. Guess its another month of waiting, medicating, & waiting. Sigh. I hope one of us has a BFP this cycle!!

I'm sorry, esuzanne! I also have one big pimple that I wasn't doing anything about because I thought it might have to do with good news but not sure anymore. My boobs and nipples are sore but probably it's the trigger shot. Now I'm having some lower back pain which I usually get before AF comes so starting to feel :cry: I'm 11dpiui

I'm testing on Friday, I won't be going for a beta (until its a positive of course)

I'm feeling good, tired/groggy like I do just before my af.

MrsC I can understand how things can come up, I have slight concerns when we have a baby, for my husband, introducing our baby, it is so natural for people's conversations about who the baby looks like, that's all it tends to be when they are babies, I must say ive noticed i do it!! Recently I heard one Aunty saying to the father, I don't see you in her at all. I know this is all part of it, our lives, I know it may become funny, like our secret where we can laugh but it's gotta sting sometimes.

Good luck on Friday!

The things that come up do sting and it has been happening for a while now. I know it will com up more once the babies are here. I think it will always sting though. Learning to laugh it off or push it aside is difficult. People don't know that we went this route so they will make their comments and that will be fine. I now find myself looking to see who children look like but only because I'm curious if they had to do the same thing we are having to do. So many people go the donor route and never talk about it.

:hugs: Sorry about the bfn. As they always say you aren't out until the witch shows! I'm surprised that your dr likes to move on after 2 IUI's. It took 4 for me. I would see if they can change things up next round or after two. Don't give up yet though there is still time this cycle.

I'm sorry, esuzanne! I also have one big pimple that I wasn't doing anything about because I thought it might have to do with good news but not sure anymore. My boobs and nipples are sore but probably it's the trigger shot. Now I'm having some lower back pain which I usually get before AF comes so starting to feel :cry: I'm 11dpiui

Fx what you're feeling isn't af coming.

Hi ladies-

MrsC-It was a challenge for DH to accept using DS. He even cried when we talked about it. I spent a lot of time telling him the dad isn't the sperm donor, it's whoever takes care of the baby etc. Our RE asked us what our plans were in regard to telling our baby, or if we wanted to. RE basically told us the child responds well to honesty about the situation because they know they are wanted and using DS isn't a taboo so much these days. Obviously that's a personal choice. My family is open to the idea of us using DS and know about it, my DH does NOT want to tell his family yet. I guess we will get pregnant first and then cross that bridge:coffee:

Suzanne-I responded to you in our other post about IUI's :flower:

Polita-I also have some whopper zits. Last night I started getting dull on and off cramps in my right ovary area. Let's hope we are not out!

Polita-I also have some whopper zits. Last night I started getting dull on and off cramps in my right ovary area. Let's hope we are not out!

I had to end up doing something with the bigger one I had because it was scary looking :haha::haha:

Are you testing 14 dpiui? That would be the 3rd for me.

I'm so glad I started this group! I never thought we would get close to 50 pages of posts!

esuzanne- I'm so sorry about the BFN. :(

Polita76- Don't count yourself out yet. I was sure I wasn't pregnant when I got pregnant with my son 5 years ago. A lot of early pregnancy signs are similar to pre-AF signs.

want2beamamma- I would want monitoring. Our clinic offered to just do a $390 IUI without monitoring, but I opted to pay an extra $300 for an ultrasound at CD12. Can you offer to pay a bit more for a scan near ovulation?

WANBMUM- I hope you need that beta!

Redhead- I think a lot of those signs sound promising. I worry a lot about the clomid side effects, especially since I don't even hand the birth control pill well. Lets hope this was your last Clomid dose needed!

Hi MrsC! Hope all is going well. I was hoping your cyst was almost gone.

AFM- I only have two birth control pills left. This weekend coming is our Thanksgiving, so it would be actually helpful if AF does start and we can get that first scan done without missing work. I'm suddenly really nervous about all of this, especially knowing that our donors can have 40 children out there. I think that part bothers me the most, and it's probably because I read that article about the Danish sperm bank issues. I think a lot of this is self-preservation too. We had two canceled cycles, a Hep C scare and it looks like everything is on track now.

I'll be doing Clomid 100mg (is that a lot for a first try?) and an ovidril trigger shot at around CD12. This could really be happening, is it normal to suddenly feel afraid of using a donor?

DH's family doctor has been away for 2 weeks and should be in his office tomorrow. We had one last SA done since DH's testosterone levels went up to a low normal and we just wanted to rule out those what ifs. I hope that getting those results make me feel solid on this. We've talked about using a donor since we found out he doesn't have sperm way back on Dec 1 of last year, I think this must just be nerves/cold feet.

Hi ladies-

MrsC-It was a challenge for DH to accept using DS. He even cried when we talked about it. I spent a lot of time telling him the dad isn't the sperm donor, it's whoever takes care of the baby etc. Our RE asked us what our plans were in regard to telling our baby, or if we wanted to. RE basically told us the child responds well to honesty about the situation because they know they are wanted and using DS isn't a taboo so much these days. Obviously that's a personal choice. My family is open to the idea of us using DS and know about it, my DH does NOT want to tell his family yet. I guess we will get pregnant first and then cross that bridge:coffee:

Suzanne-I responded to you in our other post about IUI's :flower:

I was the just like your DH. I cried... a lot. He was all for it and said it wasn't a big deal to him. I think that was my grieving moment of knowing that I would never have his biological child. He had a reversal prior and after a while it healed back over so that was hard. We haven't told anyone that we are using donor. Maybe eventually but not right now. Does your DH want to tell the child or no?

I'm so glad I started this group! I never thought we would get close to 50 pages of posts!

esuzanne- I'm so sorry about the BFN. :(

Polita76- Don't count yourself out yet. I was sure I wasn't pregnant when I got pregnant with my son 5 years ago. A lot of early pregnancy signs are similar to pre-AF signs.

want2beamamma- I would want monitoring. Our clinic offered to just do a $390 IUI without monitoring, but I opted to pay an extra $300 for an ultrasound at CD12. Can you offer to pay a bit more for a scan near ovulation?

WANBMUM- I hope you need that beta!

Redhead- I think a lot of those signs sound promising. I worry a lot about the clomid side effects, especially since I don't even hand the birth control pill well. Lets hope this was your last Clomid dose needed!

Hi MrsC! Hope all is going well. I was hoping your cyst was almost gone.

AFM- I only have two birth control pills left. This weekend coming is our Thanksgiving, so it would be actually helpful if AF does start and we can get that first scan done without missing work. I'm suddenly really nervous about all of this, especially knowing that our donors can have 40 children out there. I think that part bothers me the most, and it's probably because I read that article about the Danish sperm bank issues. I think a lot of this is self-preservation too. We had two canceled cycles, a Hep C scare and it looks like everything is on track now.

I'll be doing Clomid 100mg (is that a lot for a first try?) and an ovidril trigger shot at around CD12. This could really be happening, is it normal to suddenly feel afraid of using a donor?

DH's family doctor has been away for 2 weeks and should be in his office tomorrow. We had one last SA done since DH's testosterone levels went up to a low normal and we just wanted to rule out those what ifs. I hope that getting those results make me feel solid on this. We've talked about using a donor since we found out he doesn't have sperm way back on Dec 1 of last year, I think this must just be nerves/cold feet.

Thanks I should see on the 12th if it is gone. It hurt recently but I think that because things are moving around.

I think everything will go great for you with your cycles from now on. I know you have had a few hold ups but its your time now. It does see normal to be a little afraid but honestly when the time for the IUI came and taking the clomid I was beyond excited. I wanted to get started and see what happened. 100mg might be a lot for the first cycle but each person is different, maybe they just want to see how you respond to the dose. At your scan around CD12 they will be able to tell you. You have normal cycles don't you? Did you ever find cheaper clomid?

CanadianMaple - I felt the same way when we were about to do dIUI. Actually, I started panicking just a couple days before the actual procedure and even on the day of the procedure. I was just so worried we weren't doing the right thing. But, everything for this cycle was just perfect (ovulating naturally without the trigger, family support, not having to take any time off work, DHs loving attitude towards me). I just took it as a sign that this was meant to be and apparently it was since it worked! I can say now that I'm actually pregnant, we're just over the moon and all the worry about using donor is pretty much on the back burner. Some days I even forget we used a donor to conceive. This is 100% our baby and the excitement overshadows everything else. There are still days when I worry about how I'll handle comments or how we'll tell our child but right now I'm mostly just thankful to be pregnant.

For everyone else - Do you plan on telling your child about donor and who else would you tell? Our parents and my sister knows but other than that we've been keeping it quite. My mom made a suggestion that I actually love and think I'll go with. We'll tell our child and then let them decide who they want to tell. That way, it is something personal to them and they have control over that decision.

raelynn- Our psychologist and everything I have read says that the best thing is to tell the child. Most donor offspring that have issues with it are ones that found out later in life and/or found out accidentally. I hope to tell our child before he or she understand how babies are made so it's just how it is when he/she becomes old enough to understand. I worry about not going about it the right way, but figure there will be even more resources out there when that time comes.

As for who to tell, we are just telling our parents and one close friend each. We live in a small town and can't risk too many people knowing about it.

That being said, some days I am really tempted just to be wide open about it. I know of a family who conceived a son via surrogate and DE because the mother had breast cancer and chemo. No one has ever judged them for their choice and look at that little school-aged boy as a miracle.

Ultimately, I want to be the first one to tell our child. After that, it's his/her decision who to tell, it's his/her story to tell. I've heard of some families thanking "that special man who helped us get you" at every birthday or something like that. I just don't ever want our child to think we were ashamed to go this route, or they were second best. I'm glad I have some time to sort it out.

I'm so glad to hear that I'm not crazy to be suddenly so anxious about all of this. I didn't know if it's a sign that we shouldn't do it, but then again, I remember being nervous about TTC before we knew about the azoo. My son is 4 1/2 and so independent, heading to kindergarten next year, and the baby stage scares me again. lol

Sorry to ramble!

MrsC- My cycles are a bit long, I usually ovulate at around CD 22, probably because of my high LH. Hopefully the pill this month will help it stay low enough that we won't need injectables. (Were warned it was a possibility.) I think Costco has slightly cheaper clomid, but we're still looking at about $70 and another $100 for the trigger. Oh well, hopefully we'll get our BFP and it will be worth it. For now, we have decided only to try two rounds of IUI (bought two last vials of our donor) and then we'll reassess. DH is 44 now...

CanadianMaple -
For everyone else - Do you plan on telling your child about donor and who else would you tell? Our parents and my sister knows but other than that we've been keeping it quite. My mom made a suggestion that I actually love and think I'll go with. We'll tell our child and then let them decide who they want to tell. That way, it is something personal to them and they have control over that decision.

Rae- This is beautiful! I love that suggestion! I may have to share with my dh and see what he says. I know he and I agree that we'd tell our child eventually. I don't know if I'd make it a point to "thank the special man" who contributed to the child's existence because I don't want to get in the habit of saying "thanks" to that stranger for donating sperms on a daily basis (or on special occasion) but I will definitely be looking for books to help explain this type of scenario to the child.

I agree DG, I think the donor wouldn't be the front of your mind like that to even think to thank them like that. I think my biggest fear would be the child announcing she/he came from a donor to his/her kindergarten class! lol

:rofl: That'd be a lovely image to think and wonder how the heck these parents are gonna explain that to their children that our babies announced it in their class. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->