Doppler Qs

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
When did you detect you baby's heartbeat for the first time?

When did you hear your baby's heartbeat for the first time?

How long did it take you to find the heartbeat?

The doppler i have borrowed occasionally shows up a faster heartbeat than mine but i haven't heard anything yet, doesn't matter how long i search. I'm 11 weeks.

Thanks

xx

I bought one with Lily and it said from 10 weeks, couldn't pick it up till about 16 really though. x

About 13 weeks I think, sorry I can't be more precise and I had a lot of trouble finding it at 11/12 weeks I remember that! I find it quite quickly now.

I got one a week ago today (9+6 then, 10+6 now!) but couldn't find anything after trying for half an hour or so. I then had a look around on youtube and watched where people were aiming theirs at and read: https://www.howtodothings.com/family-relationships/how-to-use-a-fetal-doppler.
I then had another go for about 10 minutes and found the heartbeat!
Been pretty much able to consistently find it since. I've found it best to lay down as flat as possible, having drunk a couple of large glasses of still water (if I try it with any fizzy drinks the interference is crazy!) and aim directly in the middle of my belly button and pubic bone. Sometimes it's a little off to the left, sometimes not. And sometimes I don't find it. Each time I get the Doppler out I try to remember that I might not find it, but that doesn't mean anything is wrong.
Hope that helps!

when i got mine it kept picking up a faster rate but i couldnt hear anything, but around 10 and a half weeks i finally found it... Try laying with your feet slightly raised and have the doppler right on your pubic bone and aim the doppler down, then just search about..My bubba likes hiding right to the right handside so search all the way along.
It used to take a while to find it and sometimes it was very faint.. You'll get there hun,, babies just like playing hide and seek at an early stage xxx

I didn't try until I was 11+3, and I found it quite quickly.
I can't 'hear' it though, my doppler just picks up the rate on the hb monitor.
I have a new Angelsounds one, the heart rate monitor one.
I can only find it for a few seconds before baby swims away. He/she really doesn't seem to like it so I only use it for a minute every second day, and probably won't use it at all if my scan is ok tomorrow. :)

see amy! i told u not to worry! Auntie claire thinks there gunna put you back in ur dates anyway! she said ur too skinnnyyy
but its defo there the doppler picks up the faster HB so dont worry!

That's good if you can see the read-out still! I opted for hiring a Hi-Bebe one, but am regretting going for the one without the read-out. It's much more difficult than I thought it would be to count the heartbeats!

Here's a link of a heartbeat I recorded yesterday so that my husband could hear it too whilst he's away: https://audioboo.fm/boos/6185-beating-boo-two

It's quite quiet though, but you can definitely hear it thumping away!!

Thanks ladies. I've seen the HB but not heard it yet.

I dont understand how they can put me back haha, my cycles are regular.

I hope you aunty clare is right about it being a girl :rofl:

I found my buba's heartbeat for the first time today, we've been treating it as a bit of a joke and not really expecting to find it when suddenly we did, it sounded magical!! Good luck hope you find yours soon. Oh and we have been using an anglesounds fetal doppler.

hey hun , i was 11+2 when i found it very low down just above my pubic bone an slightly to the right , i have a hibebe doppler xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->