Due around 12th Aug, and looking for a bump buddy

Aw thanks. i think its naff personally but money and the fact he needs to share with his sister meant it couldnt be as good as i'd like. im still waiting for a couple of bits to complete it.

yes please upload pics of yours. did you manage to do some pictures?

Yes, its is on my FB...

I know what you mean, mine is not exactly what I wanted either, as we are living in rented house, so had to use what I had in the room (couldn't paint the walls). And yes, money was also an issue :cry:

Charlie, It is difficult indeed. Not so much the heat as the back pains and other pains everywhere. I feel like I am falling apart slowly.

Its great to see you here again. :hugs:

your pictures are amazing Vera!!! =D> You have the cot i wanted, i had the same for my girls! it was from mothercare :thumbup:

great to see you back charlie :happydance:

i wander how rebecca is? i hope things are going well for her! :flower:

your pictures are amazing Vera!!! =D> You have the cot i wanted, i had the same for my girls! it was from mothercare :thumbup:

I love this cot! we bought it for £25 :happy dance: from Ebay.
I didn't hear anything from you today, started thinking you are giving birth already... :winkwink:

Aww thanks. I have just checked FB to see if either of you had gone into labour as I was thinking the same as Vera that you had started too Chelsea lol!!

Aww sorry to hear that you are in pain! Long baths....that is a bargain cot!!! Well done you and both your nurseries look lovely!

xxx

No such luck :-(

Did you paint the pictures from your imagination or did you find a picture you liked and copied it yourself? You are very talented.

I really want to know if Rebecca got her homebirth, I know on her other thread she said she was having contractions this morning so I hope they were enough that she didn't need induction or hospital.

I'm really wanting my lo to get a move on, I'm jealous of all these people having their babies!

Chelsea, how are u today? I don't want to be left alone here, waiting... :cry:

Yes, the painting are from my imagination. There where suppose to be 3 but I finished only 2 so far.

Did you hear anything from Rebecca? I hope all went well for her.

it's ok Vera i'm still here with you!! :thumbup:

i was thinking from your LMP weren't you due on the 12th? was it the scan that changed your dates? you say liam is measuring bigger, maybe he will be due the 12th after all and the scan was wrong :shrug:

i will still be here with you until liam arrives, even if i have my baby before you, i spend my life on the computer! lol. :haha:
Plus the birth center will only let women stay for 6/8 hours then you have to go home as they are withdrawing postnatal stays from Monday! you can go there to have your baby but once you have had a wee, baby has had a feed and everyone is all ok you go home. the joys of under staffing and NHS cuts!!

I haven't heard from Rebecca, i presume it must have been a hospital birth as i'm sure if she had stayed at home she would have popped on to announce the new arrival :shrug:. i hope what ever has happened she and baby are ok. i hate waiting and wandering if things are alright. :nope:

Yes, the painting are from my imagination. There where suppose to be 3 but I finished only 2 so far.

how long did they take you to do? you should make a set and sell them on amazon or ebay. they are great. i would defiantly buy them. i'm really impressed :thumbup:

how long did they take you to do? you should make a set and sell them on amazon or ebay. they are great. i would defiantly buy them. i'm really impressed :thumbup:

It took quite a while as I haven't done this for 5 years now. I am a bit slow.
And the materials are not too cheap either. But I guess with practise it can be done faster. I was actually thinking of selling paintings. Maybe it can be my little income while on Mat leave.

it's ok Vera i'm still here with you!! :thumbup:

i was thinking from your LMP weren't you due on the 12th? was it the scan that changed your dates? you say liam is measuring bigger, maybe he will be due the 12th after all and the scan was wrong :shrug:

i will still be here with you until liam arrives, even if i have my baby before you, i spend my life on the computer! lol. :haha:
Plus the birth center will only let women stay for 6/8 hours then you have to go home as they are withdrawing postnatal stays from Monday! you can go there to have your baby but once you have had a wee, baby has had a feed and everyone is all ok you go home. the joys of under staffing and NHS cuts!!

:happydance: thanks! I was already worried.
I was due on the 12th, but moved 2 weeks behind at my 10weeks scan. But at 16 weeks, 20 weeks and 30 weeks scan they estimated that I am 4-5 days further, but never changed my due date. So I think I should be around the 38+1 now. I hope that means he will arrive 4-5 days before my Due date.. (please baby!).

Its the same at our hospital, they say that they will keep you 6 hours, and then please be gone... :dohh: although if everything is fine I prefer to go home as soon as possible.

Do you have any pains/signs at all? I have nothing, and it feels weird as I bought I will feel different so close to my due date... I feel much better then few weeks back... :dohh:

i get strong bh now and again but nothing else. :nope: i feel exactly the same as i did over a week ago.

i hope he comes soon. due date tomorrow would be a good day for his arrival, plus if he comes tomorrow my mw will be able to deliver him :happydance: come on LO!!!

I couldn't hold myself back, and wrote on Rebecca's wall... :dohh: Now I really hope they are well.

i feel i should now as i'm the only one who hasn't! ill go write now. hope she doesnt mind everyone knowing before she's announced it. this is one thing that worries me. i will tell family and close friends not to write on fb until we have officially announced it ourselves. i know some people don't mind i just really want to do it myself. i'm abit of a control freak like that! lol :haha:

I know what you mean. But I saw that so many people already wrote on her wall, it can't do much damage now I guess... Hope she doesn't mind.

ive just written too, thinking the same as you that many others have written. just have to wait to hear the details now!!!
xxx

Thanks for your messages ladies!! It was not what I had planned. So as you know my waters went on Thursday morning and no contractions and they were threatening me with induction drips etc! Well contractions started on Friday night and so was up all night with contractions timing them etc. Phoned mw at 6am and she came over with her kit and examined me and I was 4cm. Tried Gas and Air which made me vomit everywhere several times so got the pool up and going and that felt amazing. But as day progressed the contraction became stronger and less often so got out of the pool at 7cm. Was fully dilated at 4.30 and tried pushing but nothing was really happening. After pushing for 3 hours midwives were starting to get concerned as I had become so tired and in lots of pain with no pain relief etc. So ended up getting an ambulance to hospital where they had to to spinal block and ventouse as although his head was so so low they could see it when I pushed it wasn't completely straight so it wouldnt pass through the pelvis. Anyway! Just got back from hospital - our perfect little boy still without a name was born last night at 22.32 and is so gorgeous! Hospital were amazing although the ward was awful as didnt sleep at all due to other screaming babies or ppl buzzing or strange sensations from urinary catheter or mw doing checks on ppl. Havent slept in 2 nights - feel utter crap but have a gorgeous baby and would do it all again! xxx god that was a long message!

Rebecca! So good to hear from you! I am so sorry you didn't have your home birth after all, but no induction and he is here and healthy! and that is what most important. Well done for doing it all without any pain relief (wow)! Sound like you had quite an experience! Get some rest and take good care of your self and of your baby boy, and then come back here to report how you are doing! :hugs::hugs::hugs: :flower::flower:

wow! ive been worried about you!! im sorry it didnt quite go according to plan :hugs: however he's here and healthy so you must be so happy! :happydance:

did they have to do an episiotomy for a ventouse? (ouchie)! what did he weigh? looking forward to some pics and a name. sorry for my questions lol i'm such a stalker :thumbup:

Thanks for updating us. i can go to bed knowing your both healthy and happy. :hugs:

Happy due date Chelsea! I really hope something will start for you soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->