Due Christmas eve!!

Clara - that's how I started on Xmas day. Just achy lower back, like pre period. It wasn't until that night that I felt my first 'contraction'. Then had her 48hours later.
Get walking! My husband made me walk up and down hills and stairs.

I didn't tell my family until I was getting contractions every 7 minutes.

Also not sure if I said before but I had a bath too early and everything slowed down. And sleep when you can. If I hadn't have slept the two nights with contractions on and off I wouldn't have had the energy for the labour.

Fingers crossed.

Just phoned my mum while I was taking to her this baby did something so bloody painful with his shoulder (well I assume as it was so low) I almost cried on the phone haha! OH laughed at the faces I was pulling. Love how supportive he is hahha! Bless him!

Clara - that's how I started on Xmas day. Just achy lower back, like pre period. It wasn't until that night that I felt my first 'contraction'. Then had her 48hours later.
Get walking! My husband made me walk up and down hills and stairs.

I didn't tell my family until I was getting contractions every 7 minutes.

Also not sure if I said before but I had a bath too early and everything slowed down. And sleep when you can. If I hadn't have slept the two nights with contractions on and off I wouldn't have had the energy for the labour.

Fingers crossed.

I had a bath this morning too and it slowed my pains down!!! :( never doing that again haha!
I went to sleep too and it almost stopped them. I'm achey ish when laying down. It's hard though because top of bump between boobs feels like its on fire from skin stretching! Xx

I want to go for walks but the weather is terrible and I don't want to go on my own, OH is too tired after work to go walking lol, relying on my ball but at this rate the baby is gonna be like tigger when she (finally) arrives!!! Pains were strong last night, have still been there today but not as strong as last night, I usually have a soak in the bath everyday but I just showered today to avoid slowing anything down!!!

I want to go for walks but the weather is terrible and I don't want to go on my own, OH is too tired after work to go walking lol, relying on my ball but at this rate the baby is gonna be like tigger when she (finally) arrives!!! Pains were strong last night, have still been there today but not as strong as last night, I usually have a soak in the bath everyday but I just showered today to avoid slowing anything down!!!

I'm lucky, DH is a teacher so off anyway. We did walk through horrible weather. It's worth it.

Love the tigger comment.

DO you have stairs at home. Walk up and down them sideways.

Hello,

I had my baby on 16th December after a long labor. My little princess is adorable and I can't imagine my life without her. I'm completly in love.I will post pics in the morning as I'm on the phone now.

Ocean you son is beautiful!Congratulation.

Still no baby here, 42weeks today. They've been trying to induce me since saturday morning, lots of painful contractions over 2 days only took me to 2cm but not favourable enough for waters to be broken, was facing another 24hour pessary this morning but my waters broke last night so waiting for bed on delvery suite today to start pitocin. Not the natural labour I'd hoped for but its getting exhausting now, my body just doesn't seem to know how to labour! Congrats ladies on your babies!!!x

Still no baby here, 42weeks today. They've been trying to induce me since saturday morning, lots of painful contractions over 2 days only took me to 2cm but not favourable enough for waters to be broken, was facing another 24hour pessary this morning but my waters broke last night so waiting for bed on delvery suite today to start pitocin. Not the natural labour I'd hoped for but its getting exhausting now, my body just doesn't seem to know how to labour! Congrats ladies on your babies!!!x
Not long now and you will have your baby.Finger crossed for you.

Congrats Persephona

Clara - good luck. Sorry your body isn't co operating. It'll be worth it, your LO will be here soon.

Chezz - how are you?

Hello,

I had my baby on 16th December after a long labor. My little princess is adorable and I can't imagine my life without her. I'm completly in love.I will post pics in the morning as I'm on the phone now.

Ocean you son is beautiful!Congratulation.

Thank you and congrats! Glad you're both doing well x

Oh hun, what an ordeal but she will be here soon! And you will feel much more comfortable! I'm loving sleeping on my front again :haha:

Keep us posted x

Hi ladies, had a traumatic long painful birth ending in emcs under general anasthetic. Isabelle arrived at 2345 on 7th Jan weighing 9lb7. She is amazing and the joy of having her is getting me through the post birth trauma I've felt. It was hard missing the first 4 hours of her life whilst I was out of it. I felt a failure. Coming to terms with it now and the guilt/ upset is getting easier. Hope all your babies are doing well xxx

Hi ladies, had a traumatic long painful birth ending in emcs under general anasthetic. Isabelle arrived at 2345 on 7th Jan weighing 9lb7. She is amazing and the joy of having her is getting me through the post birth trauma I've felt. It was hard missing the first 4 hours of her life whilst I was out of it. I felt a failure. Coming to terms with it now and the guilt/ upset is getting easier. Hope all your babies are doing well xxx

Thinking of you Hun, how's the c sec recovery going?
You shouldn't feel like a failure. You should feel proud your baby girl didn't wanna leave her mummy yet! Xxxx

Oh hunny big :hugs: you have nothing to feel guilty about! Your baby is happy and healthy and has an amazing mum and that's all that matters! Focus on the now as you don't want to spend these precious times feeling guilty about what's happened and what you cannot change. :kiss:

What a healthy weight! Any pics?? X

Yeahh I've been focusing my energy on isabelle rather than the birth, after I wrote that post last night I stood up to go to bed and my c section wound burst at the side about the size of a 5p and covered my trousers and the floor with puss and blood, went to the hospital and turns out I have an abcess under the skin,antibiotics for a week, wait for swab results then reassess. I got signed off by midwife thursday and felt like I'd turned a corner and could move on and now this!!! Aghhhhhhhhh lol I give up! I've tried so hard to keep the wound clean and dry, apparently I am at increased risk of infection due to a long labour with lots of internals and my waters being broken for over 24hrs although I did have a dose of antibiotics during labour! :(

Congratulations hun!!

So sorry it was a traumatic birth. Be kind to yourself. Youre doing amazingly. Remember baby blues are normal even for non traumatic labours. Is there any counciling available to you? Not saying you need it but its good to have the numbers to call if needed.

Sorry about your wound. Sometimes infections happen.

Look after yourself. :hugs: Enjoy your little girl.

Yeahh I've been focusing my energy on isabelle rather than the birth, after I wrote that post last night I stood up to go to bed and my c section wound burst at the side about the size of a 5p and covered my trousers and the floor with puss and blood, went to the hospital and turns out I have an abcess under the skin,antibiotics for a week, wait for swab results then reassess. I got signed off by midwife thursday and felt like I'd turned a corner and could move on and now this!!! Aghhhhhhhhh lol I give up! I've tried so hard to keep the wound clean and dry, apparently I am at increased risk of infection due to a long labour with lots of internals and my waters being broken for over 24hrs although I did have a dose of antibiotics during labour! :(

Oh no hun! :hugs: I'm sure it'll heal just fine with this next lot of antibs. You've been through a lot - a traumatic labour AND c section. I only went through one of those and was absolutely shattered and the recovery took 2 weeks until I started to feel normal. C sec usually takes longer, you've had major surgery.
Be kind to yourself :hugs: do you have support? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->