Due in July 2012- The Babies

I'm having problems with my daughter sleeping in her bassinet. She'll only sleep in it for about 10-30mins and wake up and cry. But as long as your holding her she'll sleep forever. And that gets a little rough at night. Does anyone know how I could get her to sleep in her bassinet longer?

I'm having problems with my daughter sleeping in her bassinet. She'll only sleep in it for about 10-30mins and wake up and cry. But as long as your holding her she'll sleep forever. And that gets a little rough at night. Does anyone know how I could get her to sleep in her bassinet longer?

Iv had to move Savannah to her big cot already at 10days she just dont like it in her basket.
And she sleeps better there cause she can spread out more.

You could try swaddling her til shes in a deep sleep and stay really close to her when you put her in. Or an item of recently worn clothing . Unwashed . In there with her. X

We've been lucky as Freya sleeps well in hers. We do make sure it's dark, we tuck her tightly in with a blanket and she has a slumber bear that makes womb noises which lulls her off to sleep. Hope you find a solution soon x

Swaddling is what made all the difference with Angelo.

I have the same problem with Sy and for now have resorted to co-sleeping. Swaddling worked just for the day he was born but hasn't worked since. To be fair I haven't tried it again this last week because my bedroom is a sauna, it just doesn't get cool enough at night :growlmad:

We've tried swaddling, white noise, heart beat noise, her bouncer, swing, and rock and play. I believe that's it. But I just put her down in the rock and play with two blankets under her wrapped in one and she's been sleeping in it for two hours now!! And has been awake a few times and has not fussed. I'm amazed. Hopefully it's not temporary.

I've also had someone mention to me to try and put a heating pad in where they sleep and just warm their bed up and take it out and put them in it. But I'd def. make sure you don't forget the heating pad in their bed. I may try that next if she doesn't sleep in her bed nicely like she is now.

Ann do you have the Fisher price rock n play sleeper?

I do. I'll have to say it does work the best. But it's a hit or miss. I used it today and heated it up with a heating pad and took it out prior to putting her in it and she took a two hour nap in it.

Ann- we are having the exact same problem. Unfortunately it is super hot here right now so we can't use a heating pad or anything to help. Either myself or DH needs to be holding Iain for him to sleep.

hey ladies- those of you having difficulty with babies that like to be held - have you tried rolling up a couple of blankets and putting them under the sheet either side of baby to act like something holding baby? works well with mine :)
xx

I might try that mork, savannah sleeps cuddled led on her front on my chest, if you move her she stirrs until settled again. Any illusions of being cuddled still may work!!

hey ladies- those of you having difficulty with babies that like to be held - have you tried rolling up a couple of blankets and putting them under the sheet either side of baby to act like something holding baby? works well with mine :)
xx

:thumbup:hmm, might try that when it's too hot to swaddle and for his daytime naps.

I tried that last night... he sleep in his bassinet in between one of his feeds!!! Woohooo!!!! Progress!

Ladies, has anyone developed hemorrhoids? Its bloody painful!

Ladies, has anyone developed hemorrhoids? Its bloody painful!

No not had that one but have got a uti and the antibiotics have caused thrush. OMG the burning agony, I'm struggling to feed her it's so bad :cry:

The hemorrhoids hurt worse than the episotomy for sure! I've been using preparation H everyday and doing baths too.

How long does everyone's LOs stay at the boob for feeding? Ben used to do a good 20-30 minutes, but now he is only on for about 10mins before he pulls off. He seems satisfied and falls asleep right after during the night feeds, but the actual feeding times are a but closer together- 2 hrs or 2.5 hrs instead of 3/3.5

The hemorrhoids hurt worse than the episotomy for sure! I've been using preparation H everyday and doing baths too.

How long does everyone's LOs stay at the boob for feeding? Ben used to do a good 20-30 minutes, but now he is only on for about 10mins before he pulls off. He seems satisfied and falls asleep right after during the night feeds, but the actual feeding times are a but closer together- 2 hrs or 2.5 hrs instead of 3/3.5

Could be a growth spurt, or it could just be that your LO has learned to effectively get the milk :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->