• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Due in July 2012- The Babies

Congratulations Steph!! Can't wait to read full birth story and see pictures of Savannah!

Angie - I haven't been pumping much, but today I woke up with both breasts so full because (amazingly) Max slept for FIVE hours straight! So, I pumped one breast while he fed from the other because I needed relief. Your breasts will always have enough milk, they are constantly making it, so even if you are pumping and he starts getting hunger cues and wants to eat, he will get what he needs from you when he eats. He ate from my L while I pumped R but then ended up switching after some time. I pump into an Ameda storage bag and if I don't get to the 3 oz I want to freeze I just put it in the fridge and pump more into it later. I have read that if you pump first thing in the morning you get the most in the shortest period of time (this was true for me today). I do think I'm going to start pumping after some feeds though.

Max is still having green poos. I know I read that yellow brown and green are fine .. but honestly am a bit worried. Anyone else STILL having them or are they back to yellow??

We only had the one green poo. I would check with the dr if it were me- I'm sure it's no biggie but I always like to check :)

Iain still gets green in the evening/night and yellow during the day. My Dr said it was due to changes in my milk throughout the day.

Heyyy
*Birth Story*
got in to hospital on the 25/7 and had a pessery in at 1pm after observations were all great :D about 5pm got checked again and was still 2~3cm and my bishops score was 5. Was put on the CTG and they refused to break waters cause Savannahs heart rate was not stable enough for the shock . So got left strapped up with the perssery in .. 7pm got some cramping but my partner had to go as visting was over until I was in established labour, had some paracetamol went to sleep
12am on the 26/7 got woke up by an almighty contraction .. Coming every 3 min lasting 45 seconds . But apparently that wasnt enough to give me an internal or let me ring me partner back up to tell him to get here !! (was fuming) .. Pacing the corridors with these contractions until 1.35 according to my notes I rang the buzzer , demanded I got checked and I rang my partner . She checked me I was 8cm and bishops score was 9 lol. Rang my partner as she got a wheelchair to take me to centeral delievery . She came back I got on the chair at 1.43 she RAN to centeral delevery. Got on the bed examined me again as my waters broke on the way and her head was there ! I was alone ! Just me and the midwife ! 3 pushes and Savannah was here at 1.48am .. Daddy arrived at 1.54am lol.. Was so proud of me for staying brave :D I had a second degree tear as she came so quick. And an instant fever temp was 42c and hers was 34c so she had to be warmed and I had to be cooled so baby and daddy hasd some skin to skin and I was being told to drink ice water with a fan in my face. Eventually all was stable and I got in the bath and had a nice cuddle with baby . Came home the same day :D wasnt in hospital even 24 hrs lol..

Shes doing well at home, she didnt feed for 12hrs and I paniced but she needed to clear her system of poop and mucus and then fed . And is beautiful , Ava~mae is not too keen , Amelia wants to do too much lol.. I will upload pictures soon I just dont know how to do it on my phone and I have kept myself so busy .. Got a bit of the "baby blues" today. My milks came in my stitches are swollen , my boobs hurt, and I had a anto sickness jab and she did it in a nerve and my leg hurts still

Max is still having green poos. I know I read that yellow brown and green are fine .. but honestly am a bit worried. Anyone else STILL having them or are they back to yellow??

My Angelo has about one green poo a day. Health visitors aren't worried and nor am I at the moment! I might worry a bit if all his poos were green.

Congratulations Steph! Awesome job! Can't wait to see pictures.

All of Max's poos are green. :( I tried "block feeding" today - only feeding from the same breast for 2 hours, then switching after 2 hours.. not switching breasts during feeds. I thought that would help the problem if it was foremilk/hindmilk issue. We will see.. I'll continue doing it and see what doctor says on Monday.

Congratulations Steph! Awesome job! Can't wait to see pictures.

All of Max's poos are green. :( I tried "block feeding" today - only feeding from the same breast for 2 hours, then switching after 2 hours.. not switching breasts during feeds. I thought that would help the problem if it was foremilk/hindmilk issue. We will see.. I'll continue doing it and see what doctor says on Monday.

I only feed from one breast at a time - initially it was because I was in so much pain I needed maximum time for each nipple to heal between feeds. Angelo only ever feeds for 20 minutes per feed. So if I switched he'd definitely never get any hindmilk I reckon.

Sometimes Max feeds for a really long time.. so I would switch. But today I just kept him on the same breast for when he fed in that block of time. I'm hoping he gets back to yellow soon.

I only feed from one side per session too

I sometimes feed from one, sometimes both. If she's fed for at least 15 mins and comes off herself and it feels empty and she's still hungry then I offer the second side. If less or it seemed inefficient then she gets the same one again. At night I really try to make sure she takes both as then we get longer to sleep!
Seems to work as we have yellow poos, weight gain and 3 hrly demand
Feeding.

Steph... Congrats!!!

Claire... I did block feeding during week 1 when I was having issues with green poos and oversupply and it worked! (I didn't do it by the hour... I did it by feeding... 1 feeding from right, 1 from left... I even did 2 feedings in a row from each and one point to hurry the process along.)

About Matthew Corey:
I can't believe he is one month old today!! Time has flown! How is you all's daily schedules going? I am still sort of just going with the flow with Matthew, but I am trying to figure out when to have more of a set bed time and wake time. Right now he naps whenever throughout the day. (If I am running errands, he will sleep the whole time because the car puts him right to sleep. Otherwise, he is awake from 8-11 or so in the morning , and then sleeps between the next 2 feeds, from around 11-4ish. He then nods in and out for the rest of the evening until his feeding around 10ish, when we put him in pjs and put him to bed... He sleeps until 7 or 8 with 2 night feedings (3 on a bad night). Also, he is still pooping with every feeding. Ugh! I cannot wait until that slows down... His poor little bottom!

About me:
SO I had my post-op, and I have been cleared! I can now take baths and exercise (except for crunches). I am trying to figure out how I am going to get back into it in this 100 degree heat! I guess I will just have to get up early to go for walks/jogs before the heat of the day. I have lost 40 pounds of the 53 I gained so far, but that was all in the first 3 weeks I was home, so I need to get the lead out, so to speak, on those last 13 pounds! AND my uterus still hasn't finished shrinking, so I can only fit into about half of my pre pregnancy pants. Ugh! It won't finish shrinking soon enough! Plus, I don't want to dtd until it finishes shrinking because I heard that the uterus can be tender until it does. Anybody heard anything about this??? I know my DH can't wait. LOL.

Did anyone have a tear . I had a 2nd degree with Ava and also one with Savannah but my bleeding slowed right down on day 2 of her being her and yesterday I sneezed and also passed my first BM and it seams like my bleeding has got heavier ! .. Surely it shouldnt be going backwards.. ?? Do you think iv done some damage ?

ktskittle- thats awesome!! I can not WAIT to be cleared to do everything again!! I feel soooo bad for women that need to be on bedrest, How can people sit around all day EVERY SINGLE DAY!??!?

mummyofgirls- are you in pain? is there an odd smell now when there wasnt before? if there is no pain and no smell then youre probably okay, if it causes you worry then call the doc! Better safe than sorry!

Yay kt! Glad the dr cleared you :) I can't believe your were telling your birth story a whole month ago! The time is really flying by. Matthew sounds like he has a good schedule going:)

Steph- my bleeding got worse before it it better with the episotomy. I didn't stop bleeding until day ten or so. I would check with your dr to be sure thigh. I called my OB a few times. Like frisbee said, if it smells or anything get to the dr to check it out. I will say mine was painful and itchy and the only thing that helped was lying on my side as much as possible and lots ice packs and tucks pads.

Benjamin is doing fantastic. The dr called him a porker today because of his weight gain:) which is music to my ears since his weight stalled last week. His circumcision went horribly and he filled a diaper with blood- talk about terrifying. After several trips to the dr his little wee wee is almost completely heeled- we've been given the green light for baths again which is great because we want baths to be part of the bedtime routine.

We are doing better on a routine now- we had a rough few nights after the circumcision. He was throwing up almost the entire amount he ate after every evening feed. We switched to bottle feeding breast milk and he is doing much better. He slept pretty well last night, but is starting to fight sleep a little which is frustrating. So far we are sticking to feeding on demand which is about every three hours.

oh my goodness angieloo, I wish my LO would go every 3 hours!!! at the current time shes eating every hour to hour and a half! I dont know if this is a growth spurt or what but I hope it ends soon!! my poor nipples need a break! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->