• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Due in July 2012- The Babies

Omg Bug that made me laugh so loud .. Haha .. Hope it cleaned up okay! And be a happy parent you wernt in the way at the time! Xx

all the July babies are hear apart from mine .. Getting me down now :(

Ellen I told my DH and he looked so scared - I was laughing so hard! Your story plus his face is priceless:)

Steph- I'm sorry you're still waiting it out. I hope your LO will be here so soon! I bet they are here before next week

Are any of you using playmats or activity mats yet? I was thinking of having Ben start having play time soon, but I wasn't sure if it was too early. Dr said I can start anytime, but he'll probably just sleep on the mat for the most part these first few weeks

LOL.. i was yelling for DH... I couldn't do anything I was laughing so hard!!!

We just got a playmat yesterday and tried him on it today. Went pretty well!!!! Iain actually seems to like tummy time right now.

What playmat did you get? I was looking at the baby Einstein ocean wonders

We got one by Lamaze... it is little alien creatures lol

I have a baby Einstein one too.. gonna give it a go today and see how he likes it. Do you use a pillow or boppy for tummy time?

I got splattered with a baby poo explosion the other day.. hubby and I were laughing so hard!! Actually we've both been hit now with it. I forget who wrote it but what is this with the elimination and holding him over a bucket?? For the lee fountains we normally just have the diaper ready and laying over him.

elimination communication: babies give out (sometimes obvious, sometimes subtle) signals when they need to pee or poop. EC is principally about baby's carers learning these signals and taking the baby to the 'toilet' instead of using a nappy. Can be started at any stage of infancy and EC babies tend to be completely out of nappies very early and potty trained/toilet trained very early.

I don't use anything for tummy time. Just straight on the mat closely supervised. Iain has always been able to lift up his head really well so he just moves his head from side to side.

Ladies from the other thread who iv missed so dearly just an update....LOL NO BABY
2nd unsuccessful sweep was done 60 hours ago... Thats two in 4 days thats failed. Going to talk about being induced Monday where il be exactly 41 weeks .. Xx

I hope all goes well Monday Steph. Maybe you'll go into labor over the weekend. Fingers crossed for you!!

We has a follow up appointment today with the lactation consultant and it went so well. At his apt on Tuesday Ben was 6.5lbs. Now that my milk is in and we are doing cluster feeding his weight is 7lbs again. His birth weight was 7.3lbs. So he's almost back at birth weight in less than 3 days! I can't wait to see what he gets to by his apt next Thursday.

We also went to drop off paper work at his daycare today for when he starts in October and it was way harder on me than I thought. I started crying after we left. I just can't imagine leaving him with anyone, even though it's only part time (9-2). It just made me feel horrible that I'm going to be leaving him there soon. I feel like I'm abandoning him.
Are there any moms that are going to be using daycare? Does it ever get easier to leave them with the caregivers?

I'll also add that I love the daycare as they are the most recommended in town- we were on a four month waiting list while still pregnant with Ben. I'm just sad to leave him with anyone

ReadyORnot - that's very interesting! What are some clues for peeing?? I see the ones for pooing but never can tell when he's about to pee. I can see why they would very easily go into potty training... go you! :)

I didn't try tummy time today.. Grammy came and let us have a lunch date! It was fab!!!! Max slept the whole time, which she was a bit sad about, lol.

some of our professional pics

Attachments

• teddy.jpg
    teddy.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 4
  • family.jpg
    family.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 7
  • rings.jpg
    rings.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 9
  • blanket.jpg
    blanket.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 7
Those are beautiful Bug222!

ReadyORnot - that's very interesting! What are some clues for peeing?? I see the ones for pooing but never can tell when he's about to pee. I can see why they would very easily go into potty training... go you! :)

each child has different signals - squirming, going quiet, cooing can all be signs. Observing the child is key to working it out! Angelo's are very subtle which is why i prefer to just give him lots of opportunities to pee rather than wait for a signal.

wow thats awesome readyornot! My little lady is such a great eater, almost every 3 hours at night and then every 1 to 2 hours in the day..... well last night was odd... I actually pumped a full oz so DH could take the first feeding and let me sleep, but she downed it and still wanted me! she kept screaming every 45 minutes and would nurse 5 to 10 minutes and fall asleep for almost 4 hours last night!!! I was starting to get sad that maybe she had changed her schedule on me, but by 2am here she nursed about 25 minutes on one side and then slept for a solid 3 hours before wanting to eat again.. :wacko: I cant wait to have a 100% consistent routine!

Bug, I love the photos!!! They are really good. Mine are in the process.. I have previewed them (honestly not too happy with everything). We had to help her SO MUCH and it was so hot in the room. We were all miserable and sweating. She didn't have anybody to help with lighting, holding things, she didn't know how to position/move our baby.... It was more or less torture on our part. This was my photographer's first newborn session, and it definitely had some kinks in it. There are only a couple shots I actually like... meeting with her on Tues to discuss.

Angie, great to hear about the weight gain! I don't have any experience with day care, but I know it must be hard. We are planning on leaving Max with MIL and if I think that is hard, I know day care has got to be harder. You can take comfort in knowing you have a highly recommended one though! That is awesome. If it wasn't good you would definitely know it. I have always heard it gets easier. :)

Frisbee, yay for your good eater! We have seen our LO have a different schedule every day! It seems to be just purely luck if he goes down for 4 hours at around 730 pm, because that's when we go to sleep too! We just sleep when he does. :) He *usually* sleeps for 4 hours at a stretch, but on nights where he cluster feeds.. he eats for 4 hours and then when he's done he sleeps for 3-4. I'm with you though - can't wait until there is a consistent routine.. although I have no idea when that will be!

Four hours!!! I am so very jealous!!! Iain has always fed more overnight. He is currently in the unfortunate routine of feeding every two hours... For between 40-50 minutes... Which really only leaves an hour till the start of the next feed. I'm sooooo tired!!!!

I think I'm very lucky. On a normal day, although Angelo feeds roughly every 2 hours (maximum 3) for 20-30 minutes, on a normal night (from 10pm to 7.30am) he sleeps for 4-5 hour stretches and feeds just once.

I have finally crossed over to the other side :happydance:. Baby Sy was born on 21st July weighing 7lbs 13oz

Attachments

• My World.jpg
    My World.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member