• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Due in July 2012- The Babies

Oh my goodness:) It seems like I haven't been on in forever. Wow! Life has been NUTS!!!!!!! Wow. I had no idea.
We are good just really tired. It seems like I'm the only person in the world up every 2 hours lol. I know I'm not but I feel like it.
I cnkt even rememeber when i last updated....so.... Hre it goes....We left the hospital after 4 days but she had jaundice and I had been exclusively breast feeding but pediatrician said I needed to supplement her starting right then bc of the jaundice. I did and I have been pumping the milk which seems slow to come in. My moms milk came is heavy with my sister then not ever heavy with me. Odd! It has cme in and I mix it in her formula but I still am not producing the volume that I want. Today I am going to get fenugreek which my cousin is using. She is a physicians assistant and just had a baby June 26 and she swears by it. Its an herb and from what inunderstand it is used in a lot of indian food and curries and is not associated with any risks or warnings. So i am going to try.
The formula we are supplementing with is similac sensitive and wow! I cannot say enough good things. She has no issues whatsoever.
Is anyone else feeding both for whatever reason?
Our next appt is Friday for weigh in and recheck of jaundice. I'm pretty sure she is back to birth weight based on her cheeks. Lol. She lost to 7 lbs bc at birth was 7 lbs 9 oz. on tues we went to pediatrician bc we were released from hospital mon afternoon. On tues she was 7lbs 3 oz. I got really tired of them sticking her foot though! Oh man! It was hard. I had to keep reminding myself it w for her own good and health. I cannot imagine when it comes time for shots?? I'm going to be a nervous wreck.

Sleeping has been difficult bc she is ROTTEN. She got Used to me holding her constantly and swaddling and a bassinet/ cosleeper she didn't sleep as long. My mom bought her the Mamaroo and OH MY GOODNESS! Genius but...now she only wants to sleep in it. It's high tech and makes all these movements etc... But it has been a lifesaver so far for me.
C sections are the worst. Goodness! I've never felt like this. I just sneezed and I still hurt. It's the oddest thing. I hate hate that surgery. I'd do it all the same way again with same circusmtatnces but I wish she could've been delivered naturally...for my sanity. It's been hard to get back to normal which I'm still not.

Anyway, I'm going to daily check so I can read what everyone experiences are and get some helpful hints etc... I miss all the chit chat. It's good to be back.
Hope all is well with everyone.Ive seen a few of the pix posted. So so so adorable. W did our shoot a few days ago and she was perfect. I should get them soon. Can't wait.
Kt- hows your incision? Your ahead of me so wondering if I will turn a corner and feel so much better by end of this week?
Bug??????
Canada- I kept thinking of you as they did my second epidural...I was like canada said it was painless why do I feel pain. Lol lol the epidural did not work on me which. Souldve guessed bc I have a hisotry of not responding well to pain meds anyway.

I'll upload some pix later this aft when i get back upstairs:)

Steph!!!! Noooooooo...... :) I totally thought you would have delivered by now and I would see you on here!!! Is it today?????? If so, good luck!!! You've really hung in there like a champ even though I might trade you for one day just to sleep. Lol

Crossing my fingers for you.

I figured out how to do some of this on my phone:) here are some ive taken of her.

Attachments

• d8e6fdc8d40311e1aee522000a1e8a5f_7.jpg
    d8e6fdc8d40311e1aee522000a1e8a5f_7.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 2012-07-19_19-28-31_400.jpg
    2012-07-19_19-28-31_400.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 2012-07-21_18-45-57_830.jpg
    2012-07-21_18-45-57_830.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 2012-07-18_10-10-28_388.jpg
    2012-07-18_10-10-28_388.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 4
Im not sleeping at the mo.. Its hot in the uk (rare I know) lol..
yup, being induced next possible date . Two days away :D
CAN NOT WAIT!!!
Had one snow baby , one rainy baby now gonna have a hot baby.
And Amelia was on a tues, Ava was a thurs and this one (if it comes on the day) will be a Weds !! Lol

Claire she is beautiful!!! Glad to hear you aren't having issued with supplementing. It can be scary to start supplementing when breastfeeding isn't established so I'm do happy it's working out so well for you!
Steph I'm thinking of you! If you don't go into labor before then I hope all goes well with your induction. Post pics when you can :)

Ben is doing great. Today is my first day alone and I'm a little nervous. DH will be home in 8 hours and I have a feeling I'll be counting the hours!

so adorable flagirl!

afm- I only breastfeed on demand, so if shes sleeping I let her sleep. I was a little worried that she wouldnt gain weight or that they would tell me that she needs to supplement with formula, but shes gained half a pound in 4 days!!!! WOO! :happydance: I guess demand feeding works well for us because she slept for 7 solid hours last night and is generally awake more in the day! WOO!

my little peanut in her bouncer :)

Attachments

• IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 2
We are doing breastfeeding on demand too frisbee. But until his two week apt this Thursday I also have to wake him every three hours to feed too. It works out because he is waking up about ten minutes before my three hour alarm anyway :)
I can't wait till Thursday to find out what he's gained. If he's back at birth weight then I will get the green light to let him sleep

Is anyone still experiencing cluster feeding or has it evened out now that your LO is more than a couple weeks old?
Ben cluster feeds big time from about 6pm -11pm every night. He wants to eat for a full 40 minutes and then wants to eat every hour/hour and a half.

I finally feel like we might be seeing a little pattern in behavior - hopefully anyway :)

Claire- my c-section pain wasn't too bad.. but I was in a lot of pain before hand so I guess I was just comparing it to that. I felt discomfort especially on my left side (a sharp pulling pain) when I bent down, sneezed etc for about two weeks then it was just gone one morning.

Iain is also intermittently cluster feeding. He doesn't seem to have much of a routine.. some evenings he does it from like 5pm-9pm, others he screams from like 10pm-2am, others the sleeps in between feeds.

Ok baby poo question- Iain is just having breastmilk. For the last two days he has had green poo at night then go back to yellow during the day. Thoughts??? He is also spitting up a lot. like after every feed is anyone else experiencing this? We are just headed to the health unit to weigh him so hopefully he is still gaining well.

Claire and Frisbee- they are both gorgeous!!!!

Thinking of you Steph!!!!

frisbee, I love that picture!

Bug, Angelo has been spitting up a lot recently too, and this started out of the blue. Also, he seems to have one small green poo every now and then but because all the rest of his poos are nice and yellow I haven't worried about it. I'll probably ask about it when I take him to the clinic on Thursday.

We had a green poo too. Our doc said it was completely normal and that it usually means he's getting a lot of foremilk instead of hind milk, which makes sense because that day he had green poo he wasn't taking long feeds

Anyone have any info about taking fenugreek pills for breastfeeding or drinking mothers milk tea?

Our poo is usually yellow and seedy?

Our poo is almost always yellow and seedy too, just the one green poo that freaked me out.

My poor little guy has a bloked tear duct that we might have to do antibiotics for. We are off to the dr tomorrow if his eye doesn't look any better

Bug, Max's last two diapers were green. They had always been yellow. Looked it up and yellow, green or brown is normal. His aren't frothy, which is supposed to be an indication of foremilk /hindmilk.

Claire, ive read that fenugreek works to increase supply. I've also read posts where the mommy smells like maple syrup from taking it! I've wanted to see if this is true! Let us know how it works. SHE IS ADORABLE! !

Congratulations to every other momma I missed!

Good luck stephan...
Green usually equals foremilk/hind milk issue, but my ped said not to worry about the occasional green poo...
Claire... I'm pretty much the same as bug... All of a sudden it didn't hurt to laugh one day.. (my incision be never hurt... It was deeper inside that hurt... I guess where the ligaments were cut???) the abdominal binder helped tremendously!

Hey yummy mummies!! How ya'll doing ! Just a little up date . Had perssery in 6 hours and NOTHING its so mind numbing :(

SAVANNAH IS HERE !! Laboured so quickly my partner missed the birth and almost gave birth in the wheelchair to delievery!
She was 7lb13, 10days late, 1.48am, and beautiful.
After a few minor complications mummy and baby are okay and will be back on the laptop later to explaine it all :D ..

Yay and hooray Steph!!!! Glad your labor went so smoothly. Can't wait for the full birth story.

When are you guys expressing? I had a moment of panic where I was in the middle of expressing and Ben started to wake up with hunger cues. I was panicked that I wouldn't have milk for him since I was pumping.
Do you pump immediately after a feed or wait an hour or so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->