Due in Sept 2013 looking for bump buddies

Well I decided to call the doctor and they scheduled me for an appointment at 6 weeks. I'm really nervous but anxious to see and know if everything is okay![/QU

That great to hear you got an appt at 6wks. I feel ya! I've got the same worrying going on and just want to know that everything is fine. It's so hard to wait!

yeah, it really is hard to wait to see if everything is fine.

I'll be 10 weeks before I'll be able to find out anything. I hope the next 5 weeks goes by fast. But I think I decided I'm going to tell my family before the appt. Friends and everyone else we won't tell until after the appt (which will start with an u/s). I just want to tell them so badly. I'm thinking I'll tell them a week and a half before the first appt at around 8.5 weeks along. I was adamant about waiting until after the first appt, so we'll see if I change my mind over the next couple weeks. :haha:

@Sasha14 @Mimzy3
I have had major changes in my sleep too! Normally I sleep through the night in the fetal position, never waking up. Now I sleep stretched out straight, I think because of the cramps, and I've been waking up around 3 am and just dozing until my alarm at 6. Oh well, I guess we better get used to it for when the :baby: gets here!

I'll be 10 weeks before I'll be able to find out anything. I hope the next 5 weeks goes by fast. But I think I decided I'm going to tell my family before the appt. Friends and everyone else we won't tell until after the appt (which will start with an u/s). I just want to tell them so badly. I'm thinking I'll tell them a week and a half before the first appt at around 8.5 weeks along. I was adamant about waiting until after the first appt, so we'll see if I change my mind over the next couple weeks. :haha:

We told some of our family already, primarily because they knew we were getting an IUI and started asking us about the results. We waited until it was confirmed with a blood test the following day after my positive hpt. Friends/co-workers/other family members might have to wait until 12 weeks. I think it's what you are confortable with and there is no right or wrong time. If you are anything like me, i change my mind a lot on when or who to share the news with. It's just too exciting to keep all bundled up inside....but i know that i should wait. It's a battle.

We told some of our family already, primarily because they knew we were getting an IUI and started asking us about the results. We waited until it was confirmed with a blood test the following day after my positive hpt. Friends/co-workers/other family members might have to wait until 12 weeks. I think it's what you are confortable with and there is no right or wrong time. If you are anything like me, i change my mind a lot on when or who to share the news with. It's just too exciting to keep all bundled up inside....but i know that i should wait. It's a battle.

It really is hard to decide to tell people or not. We told some family and a few close friends and then I miscarried. So it was really to then have to tell them after that. :-( Decided to wait till appointment to tell anyone!

I told one of my friends last week, but she's a good secret keeper. I only told her early because she was sick with the flu and wanted me to come down to substitute in her daycare for her. Odds are she got the flu from one of the kids and I haven't had the flu shot yet. Normally I would have gone to help her, but considering the circumstances I couldn't go. I felt that she deserved the truth as far as why I couldn't help out.
I've got a couple weeks to make up my mind about telling family. I am rock solid decided that friends will be told after the first appt/ultrasound. It was my parents and sisters and DH's parents and brothers I was on the fence about yet. Lol. We'll see :rofl: I'm sure I'll change my mind a hundred more times too.

It really is hard to decide to tell people or not. We told some family and a few close friends and then I miscarried. So it was really to then have to tell them after that. :-( Decided to wait till appointment to tell anyone!

I totally understand you wanting to wait....i pray this child sticks for you!

Thank you! Me too.. I think its good to tell people when it feels right for you.. Sometimes its nice to have th support!

I made it through an hr long phone call with my mother without telling her. I deserve a prize. We had been talking about trip she is taking in march. To which I responded "we are planning on something in late September and would love to see you then. I will tell you more about it when we get the details fleshed out.".

So she let me know that we could crash at her house when we come visit. Whew she thinks we are driving to Salt Lake to see them. But at least this way she won't be clear across the country when the baby is born!

When to tell is such an difficult and personal decision. I think it's a reflection of all of those personal parenting decisions that we will have to make. On one hand I want to tell everyone so they will understand why I don't feel well and face it, we all want to be pampered during our pregnancy. On the other, my mom almost lost me and had at least 3 MCs after me. My doctor assures me that I don't have the same medical conditions that she had, medical technology is better, blah blah blah, and there is no reason what so ever to think that I will have anything other than a perfect pregnancy. I think it's that same fear that makes us go to the bathroom every hour to make sure everything is ok. At some point you just have to accept that the baby makes us crazy and that's ok. :happydance:

Renaendel: Great job on keeping mum about the baby! Not sure how you did it but yes, you deserve some sort of "I didn't tell my mom I'm pregnant" medal!

Soooooo do any of you really feel pregnant? Besides the on and off bloating and my bb's being sore I really don't feel pregnant. I know it's normal to not feel much this early but I really wish I would get sick or SOMETHING!

It's just me being paranoid, I guess. Those that know I'm pregnant keeping asking me how I'm feeling and I always reply "great!". But then I wonder if I shouldn't be feeling this good......

Renaendel: Great job on keeping mum about the baby! Not sure how you did it but yes, you deserve some sort of "I didn't tell my mom I'm pregnant" medal!

Soooooo do any of you really feel pregnant? Besides the on and off bloating and my bb's being sore I really don't feel pregnant. I know it's normal to not feel much this early but I really wish I would get sick or SOMETHING!

It's just me being paranoid, I guess. Those that know I'm pregnant keeping asking me how I'm feeling and I always reply "great!". But then I wonder if I shouldn't be feeling this good......

Going through the same thing as we speak! Ppl keep asking me if I'm sick yet and I'm not. Also my nipples and boobs hurt sooo bad yesterday and today have calmed down a lot. Makes me nervous too...your not alone. :) its hard not to have those horrible thoughts that something could be wrong but I think stressing will just make things worse for us and our babies. I keep googling "signs of miscarriage" just Bc I'm paranoid and I need to stop Bc it's something I can change so why stress it.

Sasha: I was just googling miscarriage symptoms too!!! I know we've got nothing to worry about and we shouldnt stress as it's only best for us and they baby but I still can't stop thinking "what if". Thank you for letting me know u are going through the same thing. It's very comforting.

Going through the same thing as we speak! Ppl keep asking me if I'm sick yet and I'm not. Also my nipples and boobs hurt sooo bad yesterday and today have calmed down a lot. Makes me nervous too...your not alone. :) its hard not to have those horrible thoughts that something could be wrong but I think stressing will just make things worse for us and our babies. I keep googling "signs of miscarriage" just Bc I'm paranoid and I need to stop Bc it's something I can change so why stress it.

I am going through the same thing. No major symptoms just some fatigue and bloating. With my son I had no morning sickness but he was a surprise and I found out at 6weeks so I did not have to wait long for my ultrasound. I know it sounds silly but some nausea would be well accepted at this stage.

I think I had the beginnings of morning sickness this afternoon... Unexplained nausea. No vomiting yet, but I'm thinking it's not too far off though.

I am going through the same thing. No major symptoms just some fatigue and bloating. With my son I had no morning sickness but he was a surprise and I found out at 6weeks so I did not have to wait long for my ultrasound. I know it sounds silly but some nausea would be well accepted at this stage.

I know! I keep telling my husband that I would love to be sick right now lol! I read an article that says your less likely to miscarry if you have morning sickness. But that has to be BS...I know several women who had no ms or symptoms really and they had beautiful healthy babies. I took another test this morning again Bc I was so paranoid that my boobs didn't hurt as they did yesterday. The test line was if course beaming pink and way darker than the control line. Feeling this nervous is horrible but I'm going to remain more calm here on out. Or at least TRY! :)

Hi ladies I definitely feel different! Very bloated, tired, sore nips, sore hips, cramps, get random hot flashes, hungry all the time and if I don't eat I get nausea! But no vomiting yet. I'm actually starting to not worry as much I just feel like everything is going to be okay. I've been praying A LOT and I'm just trusting God that its going to be okay. And like u said Sasha nothing we can do about it any ways so no use worrying about it! Soooo glad tomorrow is Friday I almost didn't get through the work day today...I was sooo tired!

Testing my ticker. Days of expected period came and went with no symptoms of AF (whew). Not much going on except a lot of waiting =(. Needed to get verification I was pregnant for medicaid so I went to a clinic today and got another test, I actually was worried about it while I waited. But still a BFP and I am feeling pretty good or nothing to worry me except maybe a lack of feeling very pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->