Due in Sept 2013 looking for bump buddies

Had another ultrasound today! She said the fetal age is 7 weeks. So does this mean baby was conceived 7 weeks ago? The little bean has grown a lot since my last scan and the heartbeat is 160 ! I'm so excited and relieved that everything looks perfect! :)

Has anyone heard the old wives tale that the heartbeat is faster in girls than boys?

Yes I have heard that. My friend predicted the gender of her kids and her sisters kids that way :)

What did she say is heart beat of girl vs boy?

Girls are higher and boys are lower. She also said that you should weight until your our of your first trimester to make that prediction bc the heart rate with rise every so often in the first trimester. O:)

Had another ultrasound today! She said the fetal age is 7 weeks. So does this mean baby was conceived 7 weeks ago? The little bean has grown a lot since my last scan and the heartbeat is 160 ! I'm so excited and relieved that everything looks perfect! :)

Has anyone heard the old wives tale that the heartbeat is faster in girls than boys?

Yes I have heard that. My friend predicted the gender of her kids and her sisters kids that way :)

What did she say is heart beat of girl vs boy?

Girls are higher and boys are lower. She also said that you should weight until your our of your first trimester to make that prediction bc the heart rate with rise every so often in the first trimester. O:)

**WAIT no weight lol

lol i knew what you meant thanks! What is consider high though? I've seen such a range online, from 130-180 :shrug:

can anyone guess my babies gender?

Attachments

• 487660_10151700263299056_916595141_n.jpg
    487660_10151700263299056_916595141_n.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 4
Hello ladies! My due date is 17th Sept. I ave booked to see a private ob next week as my midwife appointment isn't until the 12/02 and I'm of impatient. So next week I'll be just over 6 weeks - I heard that it could be an internal type of scan, is that the case?

Yes, I'm pretty sure you will have the same type of u/s i had which was internal (vaginal).

lol i knew what you meant thanks! What is consider high though? I've seen such a range online, from 130-180 :shrug:

That's a great questions bc when i tell people my baby's heartrate was 167 some say that it's high, but the u/s tech said it was perfectly normal.

I have my second OB appnt tomorrow. Wish we were getting another US, but I will be very happy as long as they pick up the Hb with the doppler. I will be 11w2d. Will that be far enough along for the doppler to work?

I have my second OB appnt tomorrow. Wish we were getting another US, but I will be very happy as long as they pick up the Hb with the doppler. I will be 11w2d. Will that be far enough along for the doppler to work?

You should be able to hear it by 11w with doppler from what I've been reading. If you're thin sometimes they can as early as 9 weeks. Good luck at your apt tomorrow! :thumbup:

Good luck tomorrow!

Hi, I had my first appointment yesterday and she picked up the heartbeat on the Doppler straight away :cloud9: So at 11 weeks, you will definately get to hear it.
The midwife was surprised we heard it so clearly and found it as fast as we did - she suspects I am slightly further along than I estimate but I'll find out Monday as I am going for the first scan!

Thank you all for your replies. :)
Good luck at your ultasound Dime!

Can't wait to get another US but don't think it will happen until the gender scan at 20 weeks. It seems so very far away.

Well my friend said with her daughter it was always 150 and above...not sure whats considered low though for a boy.

It's been quite in here. How is everyone doing? Anyone have a good valentine's day?

It's been quite in here. How is everyone doing? Anyone have a good valentine's day?

Glad you said something, you're right -- it's been very quiet in here! During the day at work yesterday i had breakdown. Felt depressed and very irritable all day. Later on at home I told my DH that i felt depressed and like I was a different person. He took me to the movies and he's so sweet, always telling me it will be ok and that it's not me, it's my hormones. Today i feel much better. Less depressed and in a better mood. I can't wait to have this child and finally leave my job. I've always wanted to stay at home with my children like my mom. She said it'd the hardest job in world but the most rewarding. When we were younger i have the most wonderful memories with my mom. She always kept us busy in play groups, brought us to the park, we visited Grandma and Grandpa, visited dad at work. We were in swimming classes and involved in sports and went camps (which she was also a counselor). She was the milk lady at school and went on most of our field trips. She was very busy with us all (5 girls) and i hope one day i will be as great as a mom as she was. Sorry, went on a tangent....anyway, i feel good - still no ms, a little fatigue and still have sore bb's. How are you feeling and how was your vday?

Glad you said something, you're right -- it's been very quiet in here! During the day at work yesterday i had breakdown. Felt depressed and very irritable all day. Later on at home I told my DH that i felt depressed and like I was a different person. He took me to the movies and he's so sweet, always telling me it will be ok and that it's not me, it's my hormones. Today i feel much better. Less depressed and in a better mood. I can't wait to have this child and finally leave my job. I've always wanted to stay at home with my children like my mom. She said it'd the hardest job in world but the most rewarding. When we were younger i have the most wonderful memories with my mom. She always kept us busy in play groups, brought us to the park, we visited Grandma and Grandpa, visited dad at work. We were in swimming classes and involved in sports and went camps (which she was also a counselor). She was the milk lady at school and went on most of our field trips. She was very busy with us all (5 girls) and i hope one day i will be as great as a mom as she was. Sorry, went on a tangent....anyway, i feel good - still no ms, a little fatigue and still have sore bb's. How are you feeling and how was your vday?

It has been pretty quiet, but I've been more of a lurker everywhere these days tho. I count myself blessed to be able to stay home right now. I hope that I will continue to be able to stay at home with kids as we grow our family. At least while the kids are little, before starting school.
I'm feeling alright, I was at the Urgent Care the other night. Turns out I just had a yeast infection, but I was so nervous it was BV so I went and got it checked. Better safe than sorry. Obviously I told the doctor I was pregnant. When he took the swab he said that my cervix was nice and closed as it should be, and then did a quick feel of my uterus and said "you definitely have yourself a pregnant uterus." It was oddly reassuring, but still made me laugh the way he said it. Totally made my night. Only 12 days until my first ultrasound!
We didn't really do anything for Valentines Day. I mustered the energy to cook a spaghetti supper for him. I got DH a little gift and card. We watched a new episode of one of our favorite shows (Impractical Jokers on truTV). That was it. Lol.

Thank God it was just a yeast infection. It is nice to hear someone reassure you that you are pregnant, isn't it?! I love the feeling---it would've made my night as well.

You are very blessed to stay at home! I know that I am lucky to have such a wonderful husband who supports my decision to stay at home with our child.

Thank God it was just a yeast infection. It is nice to hear someone reassure you that you are pregnant, isn't it?! I love the feeling---it would've made my night as well.

You are very blessed to stay at home! I know that I am lucky to have such a wonderful husband who supports my decision to stay at home with our child.
I know! I was so relieved when he told me the results. It was nice to have the confirmation about my growing bump :)
I think my DH would like it if I worked, but after discussing my reasons as well as the cost of daycare we decided it was best this way. Once we are done having kids and they are all in school I'll probably go to work during the school day while the kids are there, but I want to hopefully work it out that I can be home when the kids are done with school. We'll see. Got a ways to go for that day. :haha: Plus, as long as I'm not working DH has very little "household" responsibilities (cleaning and such) unless I specifically ask for help. I think he likes that aspect too. Haha

I have felt depressed too! Maybe our 1st trimester woes are catching up with us and keeping up from posting more. At least I can say now at 8.5 weeks that the pregnancy is taking! Congrats to all of us for hanging in there. :hugs:

I have felt depressed too! Maybe our 1st trimester woes are catching up with us and keeping up from posting more. At least I can say now at 8.5 weeks that the pregnancy is taking! Congrats to all of us for hanging in there. :hugs:

Whoo hoo! Congrats to you too! We are almost out of the 1st tri!

Glad you said something, you're right -- it's been very quiet in here! During the day at work yesterday i had breakdown. Felt depressed and very irritable all day. Later on at home I told my DH that i felt depressed and like I was a different person. He took me to the movies and he's so sweet, always telling me it will be ok and that it's not me, it's my hormones. Today i feel much better. Less depressed and in a better mood. I can't wait to have this child and finally leave my job. I've always wanted to stay at home with my children like my mom. She said it'd the hardest job in world but the most rewarding. When we were younger i have the most wonderful memories with my mom. She always kept us busy in play groups, brought us to the park, we visited Grandma and Grandpa, visited dad at work. We were in swimming classes and involved in sports and went camps (which she was also a counselor). She was the milk lady at school and went on most of our field trips. She was very busy with us all (5 girls) and i hope one day i will be as great as a mom as she was. Sorry, went on a tangent....o, i feel good - still no ms, a little fatigue and still have sore bb's. How are you feeling and how was your vday?

It has been pretty quiet, but I've been more of a lurker everywhere these days tho. I count myself blessed to be able to stay home right now. I hope that I will continue to be able to stay at home with kids as we grow our family. At least while the kids are little, before starting school.
I'm feeling alright, I was at the Urgent Care the other night. Turns out I just had a yeast infection, but I was so nervous it was BV so I went and got it checked. Better safe than sorry. Obviously I told the doctor I was pregnant. When he took the swab he said that my cervix was nice and closed as it should be, and then did a quick feel of my uterus and said "you definitely have yourself a pregnant uterus." It was oddly reassuring, but still made me laugh the way he said it. Totally made my night. Only 12 days until my first ultrasound!
We didn't really do anything for Valentines Day. I mustered the energy to cook a spaghetti supper for him. I got DH a little gift and card. We watched a new episode of one of our favorite shows (Impractical Jokers on truTV). That was it. Lol.

Checking back in on this board. I had to take a forum break was making me stress out more than helping. Question for yah, what made you think you had BV? My grandfather passed away and I had to fly home to be with my family. A day before the service I got a slight bit of pink spotting, I freaked, it was slight and went away. Anyways I had BV and yeast in December with no symtoms except some spotting. I am gonna get in on Monday and get checked, hoping that is what actually caused the spotting.

I was able to get for a U/S while I am out here at 6.5 weeks, saw my LO's heartbeat. Finally felt real, I burst into tears, was awesome. 8 weeks today!

I saw a older post from Mimzy3 talking about a anxious feeling. I have a anxiety disorder and I have a hard time telling the difference between my normal anxiety and the increased blood flow and heartbeat from being pregnant. Feels pretty much the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->