Due in Sept 2013 looking for bump buddies

I have a anxiety disorder and I have a hard time telling the difference between my normal anxiety and the increased blood flow and heartbeat from being pregnant. Feels pretty much the same.

I have the same question! Once I was diagnosed with a heart rhythm problem and now when I feel my heart beating fast or when I get winded easily, I wonder if it's just normal pregnancy feelings or a heart problem. Of course the uncertainty makes me more anxious, which makes it worse! Vicious cycle! :wacko:

Lucidc: Congrats on your u/s results! I was happy to hear you heard the heartbeat!

We had our u/s today, it went fine, baby was clearly moving. However I've been diagnosed with a heart-shapped uterus. I asked if it was anything to worry about and was told no, but now I'm reading up on it and I've scared myself to death....late miscarriages, premature births, cesarean (not concerned about that, obviously). Feel like my good day was a touch bitter-sweet.

We had our u/s today, it went fine, baby was clearly moving. However I've been diagnosed with a heart-shapped uterus. I asked if it was anything to worry about and was told no, but now I'm reading up on it and I've scared myself to death....late miscarriages, premature births, cesarean (not concerned about that, obviously). Feel like my good day was a touch bitter-sweet.

I know how you must feel but trust your dr. and and if he says it's nothing to worry about don't stress yourself out by looking on the internet (although, i should take my own advice!). Everything should be fine. The baby is healthy and moving --- that's great!

I have a anxiety disorder and I have a hard time telling the difference between my normal anxiety and the increased blood flow and heartbeat from being pregnant. Feels pretty much the same.

I have the same question! Once I was diagnosed with a heart rhythm problem and now when I feel my heart beating fast or when I get winded easily, I wonder if it's just normal pregnancy feelings or a heart problem. Of course the uncertainty makes me more anxious, which makes it worse! Vicious cycle! :wacko:

I can't be sure since I'm not positive about your heart rhythm problem but my doc told me that you have increased blood so you may feel palpitations at times but just to make sure that your heart rate isn't too elevated. I asked because I"ve been having anxiety too.

hi ladies I've been gone on vacation that's why I haven't been posting! I've been feeling a little down too just sick of being nauseous and my appetite still is very low nothing sounds good.

I wish I could be a stay at home mom but looks like I"ll be going back to work once my maternity leave is over. We prob could get by without me working but my husband isn't for it and I would prob stress out about the money situation all the time if I was working. I have a good job right now and actually don't mind working but I know once I have the baby it will be hard to go back to work.

I know how you must feel but trust your dr. and and if he says it's nothing to worry about don't stress yourself out by looking on the internet (although, i should take my own advice!). Everything should be fine. The baby is healthy and moving --- that's great!

You are right, Dr Google is not our friend.....I just spoke to one if my good friends and she also has this issue. She had her daughter (by c-section) and didn't find out about her weird shapped uterus until after so I guess it can't be that much of a problem.

Oh man, sometimes I wish Google didn't exist! If your doctor doesn't think you have anything to worry about, you should be fine. Websites are always in the business of explaining the worst-case senario. Maybe your doctor realizes that you aren't in the category of those that should worry about it. Good luck with everything!

I hear you, Mimzy. I was going back and forth in my head about whether I really wanted to work after the baby's born all day today. Unfortunately, I probably don't make more than I'd pay a babysitter anyway.

I hear you, Mimzy. I was going back and forth in my head about whether I really wanted to work after the baby's born all day today. Unfortunately, I probably don't make more than I'd pay a babysitter anyway.

That's why I didn't look to hard for a new job after DH and I got married. Daycare was going to cost an arm and a leg, which would probably end up being more than I would be making if I worked. I know DH wanted me to find work, but when I explained the cost of what daycare was going to cost he immediately agreed with me that it would probably be best if I stayed at home. Now with another one on the way it makes even more sense since infants can be quite difficult to find care.

Exactly my situation! I don't make that much money that it would be worth to go back to work. It just doesn't make sense to work only to pay for daycare.

I totally agree with that if it doesn't pay to work than whats the point. If I had the same job I had a year ago I would be in that situation and I wouldn't work either because all of my check would be going to daycare. And of course we would rather be with our kids than working to pay someone else too. But with my job now I would still be making more than enough. I think my husband has got comfortable with the money I'm making now. He still makes slighty more than me but we are pretty much the same income wise. I almost wish I didn't get this job now...:dohh:

I totally agree with that if it doesn't pay to work than whats the point. If I had the same job I had a year ago I would be in that situation and I wouldn't work either because all of my check would be going to daycare. And of course we would rather be with our kids than working to pay someone else too. But with my job now I would still be making more than enough. I think my husband has got comfortable with the money I'm making now. He still makes slighty more than me but we are pretty much the same income wise. I almost wish I didn't get this job now...:dohh:

I had a job opportunity fall on my lap about 8 months ago when we were just begining ttc. I didn't accept it really only for one reason - their benenfits (health insurance, etc.) wouldn't start until 3 months after my start date, and short term/long term disability wouldn't be in effect for 1 year. I didn't want to take any chances or wait to conceive so i passed. I could've been making more money now and probably would have really liked my job, which i think about time to time. Unfortunately i still hate my job and i don't make squat -- so it's a double wammy. I'm so happy for you that you are making more money, that is wonderful!! You shouldn't be ashame of that! Good for you for doing your best to provide for your family and I'm sure you will be able to balance work and home just fine. Thousands of mothers out there are happy to have both and if it works for you I'm sure you you will be happy too!!!

Has anyone been showing already? I can't keep my stomach sucked in anymore...is this just me? Today i'm wearing my yoga pants to work because my other work pants are too tight around my waist.

Im not showing yet just bloated I think. Clothes are starting to get a little uncomfortable. Thankfully I work in the medical field so I wear scrubs during the day and they are always comfortable!

Im not showing yet just bloated I think. Clothes are starting to get a little uncomfortable. Thankfully I work in the medical field so I wear scrubs during the day and they are always comfortable!

LUCKY GIRL!!!!! How i would LOVE to wear scrubs all day!!

Haha yes I am very lucky! Plus it hides the little bit of weight I have gained :-( I still haven't told my bosses yet and am not sure when I should... Hmm

I had a job opportunity fall on my lap about 8 months ago when we were just begining ttc. I didn't accept it really only for one reason - their benenfits (health insurance, etc.) wouldn't start until 3 months after my start date, and short term/long term disability wouldn't be in effect for 1 year. I didn't want to take any chances or wait to conceive so i passed. I could've been making more money now and probably would have really liked my job, which i think about time to time. Unfortunately i still hate my job and i don't make squat -- so it's a double wammy. I'm so happy for you that you are making more money, that is wonderful!! You shouldn't be ashame of that! Good for you for doing your best to provide for your family and I'm sure you will be able to balance work and home just fine. Thousands of mothers out there are happy to have both and if it works for you I'm sure you you will be happy too!!!

Thats what I keep telling myself that plenty of women out there do it! I guess only time will tell.

I have def started to show. Whether its bloat or uterus just being expanded its definitely showing! Most of my pants don't fit anymore. And my friend who is 23 weeks thinks I’m further along and so does my other friend just by how much i'm showing. It was concerning me at first how much I am showing already, when some women (on this site not this thread) keep saying you shouldn't be showing this early. But I just have to remember everyone is different and I think it just depends on the person if you start showing sooner than later. Some ppl gain most of their weight in first tri then not so much later on. Some women need the extra weight right away.

Has anyone been showing already? I can't keep my stomach sucked in anymore...is this just me? Today i'm wearing my yoga pants to work because my other work pants are too tight around my waist.

Ive had ppl from work saying "Oh your showing already a little" but I know its just bloat lol. Somedays its hard to...ummmm....go. lol! So I look EXTRA bloated. I wish it was baby that was showing. I cant wait to feel those first kicks! :) I wear scrubs at work most days so its makes it easier to deal with the bloat.

Ive been getting frequent headaches and increased heart rate at times. It makes me nuts. My blood pressure is good though so that makes me feel better.

Anyone esle feeling AF like cramps one day and then nothing the next?? Ive been feeling like this for weeks now. One day I feel super pregnant and the next I feel normal. My boobs and nips stay somewhat tender and sensitive but my uterus is so up and down!

hey ladies havnt posted in a while as i normally just look on my phone but never post :/ for easier to reply on the pc.

i had a doctors appointment last Thursday everything went well and doctor also agreed my my due date to be 26 sept, got my flu jab and urine sample had to be sent to the lab due to protein in my urine, my first pregnancy i suffered badly with kidney infections as iv had kidney problems from the age of 4, so they just wont to monitor that again in this pregnancy.

Just waiting on a letter from the maternity hospital with my scan date which will be roughly when im 12weeks, then 4weeks after the scan to go back to the doctors to see the mw to do some checks, then 20wk scan 28weeks back at doctors for the whopping cough vaccine and back to the hospital for my anti-D injection.

as for me the nausea and sickness has really taken over this week, finding sucking polo mints ease it abit but dread eating incase it comes straight back up :/ finding baby girls names difficult this timer round, hope everyone els is well? im sure if loads to catch up on x

I also have just been following along on my phone for a while. My first ultrasound is on Monday and I'm so excited! I have been having on and off cramps and brown spotting as well as red spotting that only lasted an hour but was scary as hell. The nurse told me not to worry about it, it was most likely from sex. So naturally now I'm afraid to have sex again!

As for weight - I'm terrified to gain too much weight! I have lost 25lbs over the past two years and really don't want to take this pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I want. I've gained about five pounds so far but I think a majority of that has to do with constipation from prenatals lol. Also about an hour after I eat lunch and dinner I look so bloated - could probably pass for 5 months! So strange, but it comes and goes so quickly.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->