Due in Sept 2013 looking for bump buddies

No, I haven't felt bub yet. I thought I was feeling fluttering a couple weeks back but I've had nothing since then so I think it was all in my head.

I have my doctors appointment this afternoon. Hopefully I can get all the bits and piece sorted out and the dump my doctor haha.

I hope so too, Cammy :) Good luck!

So my appointment went horribly yesterday and I felt really crappy about it all last night and today so far. They didn't seem happy and it was just a normal GP appointment to get my refferal for antenatal care. We got in and my doctor took my blood pressure and I noticed that whilst he was talking to OH about work he took it several times which made me a little anxious and then he said he wanted me to come out the back and so I did and I sat in a little room for 20 minutes waiting. Then a nurse came in and took my bp another few times, checked my weight (3 kilos in 2 weeks :'( ]then asked me to do a urine, then checked my bsl, then felt my tummy and then listened to bub's heart beat. None of this is what they are supposed to do. My bsl level was 8.2 or 8.4, with only eating half a carrot within the last hour :( My bp had gone down heaps but was still 130/86. And she started asking me if I had been having head aches or dizziness. And when she was checking my urine test she asked if I was having any stinging down below and of course I haven't, but I'm guessing that means my protein levels are high. None of these are very good signs :(
I finally got to see my doc half hour later and he checked my bump. The gave me a refferal but only so I had the phone number for the high risk clinic and got the receptionist to fax it off as urgent :(
Feeling pretty crappy right now. I new my chances of getting GD and PE in this pregnancy where higher, PE being a 50/50 chance, but I didn't think I would have to worry about it this early :(

On a good note, hearing bubs heart beat has put my mind at ease from being worried and not feeling too pregnant anymore and today, boy can I feel the hard bump forming under my already belly. Must be that 3 kilos haha :(

She said she couldn't pick up the best reading but that bub's HB was between 150-160bpm. Is tht good, she didn't say?

So my appointment went horribly yesterday and I felt really crappy about it all last night and today so far. They didn't seem happy and it was just a normal GP appointment to get my refferal for antenatal care. We got in and my doctor took my blood pressure and I noticed that whilst he was talking to OH about work he took it several times which made me a little anxious and then he said he wanted me to come out the back and so I did and I sat in a little room for 20 minutes waiting. Then a nurse came in and took my bp another few times, checked my weight (3 kilos in 2 weeks :'( ]then asked me to do a urine, then checked my bsl, then felt my tummy and then listened to bub's heart beat. None of this is what they are supposed to do. My bsl level was 8.2 or 8.4, with only eating half a carrot within the last hour :( My bp had gone down heaps but was still 130/86. And she started asking me if I had been having head aches or dizziness. And when she was checking my urine test she asked if I was having any stinging down below and of course I haven't, but I'm guessing that means my protein levels are high. None of these are very good signs :(
I finally got to see my doc half hour later and he checked my bump. The gave me a refferal but only so I had the phone number for the high risk clinic and got the receptionist to fax it off as urgent :(
Feeling pretty crappy right now. I new my chances of getting GD and PE in this pregnancy where higher, PE being a 50/50 chance, but I didn't think I would have to worry about it this early :(

On a good note, hearing bubs heart beat has put my mind at ease from being worried and not feeling too pregnant anymore and today, boy can I feel the hard bump forming under my already belly. Must be that 3 kilos haha :(

She said she couldn't pick up the best reading but that bub's HB was between 150-160bpm. Is tht good, she didn't say?
I'm sorry your appt went so badly :(
150-160 is good. The last two times my baby's heart rate has been in the 150s and everyone told me that it was perfect.

I'm sorry the appt was so stressful! :-( that heart rate is great! No worries!

thanks ladies :D Hearing the heart beat definitely has made me less worried. My last scan was at 7 weeks and our 12 week scan got screwed up so I am glad I at least know now that bub is still moving around in there. Hear so many horror stories of women not knowing the baby has stopped growing or has no HB until there gender or 20 week scan.

Hey Cammy, sorry to hear you had a stressful time but it's good that the doctor is so thorough. Heartbeat sounds great so I wouldn't worry too much.

I've been put through extra tests myself (blood tests for the liver came back really high) but then they dropped down so the midwife said it was due to the early stages of pregnancy. It did worry me at first but I am pleased it was spotted and looked into and not dismissed.

What is GD and PE? Sorry your apt was so stressfull, sounds confusing as well! Like all the girls said 150 is good thats what mine was a few weeks ago. My next apt is next week I can't wait to hear the HB again!

Cammy - so sorry to hear about your appt yesterday but glad you got to hear the hb! I loved hearing my baby's hb! At my 12 wk appt. dr. said hb was 150-160 as well and she said that was perfect.

Mimzy- I've got an appt next week too (Tues) and can't wait either!

Hey Cammy, sorry to hear you had a stressful time but it's good that the doctor is so thorough. Heartbeat sounds great so I wouldn't worry too much.

I've been put through extra tests myself (blood tests for the liver came back really high) but then they dropped down so the midwife said it was due to the early stages of pregnancy. It did worry me at first but I am pleased it was spotted and looked into and not dismissed.

Thanks and great to hear you situation all worked out. I think it is great and makes you feel good about you care when they take the time to look at everything. I'm still feeling quite rubbish about my care, hopefully it picks up soon.

What is GD and PE? Sorry your apt was so stressfull, sounds confusing as well! Like all the girls said 150 is good thats what mine was a few weeks ago. My next apt is next week I can't wait to hear the HB again!

GD is gestational diabetes, a form of diabetes a lot of women get in pregnancy when they can't produce enough insulin to counteract the hormonal effects pregnancy has on the body. It generally disappears 6 weeks after birth.

PE is pre-eclampsia, a nasty thing that causes a lot of different things like high blood pressure, high protein in your urine, dizziness, swelling ,blurred vision etc etc. It can be very dangerous for mum and bub. We almost lost Alexander because of it.

Hearing the HB is such an amazing thing and really does relax you a lot :D I wish I had a good doppler and I could listen to it every day haha

Cammy - so sorry to hear about your appt yesterday but glad you got to hear the hb! I loved hearing my baby's hb! At my 12 wk appt. dr. said hb was 150-160 as well and she said that was perfect.

Mimzy- I've got an appt next week too (Tues) and can't wait either!

Thanks!

Good luck on Tuesday. So exciting, everyone is starting to find out the gender :D

I got my dates wrong my next apt isn't till April 9th :( I'm really anxious for it I want to hear the HB and know everything is okay still. I'm starting to feel less preg. and haven't been gaining any more weight and my bump hasn't been getting bigger so that worries me. But I know it might just be because I popped so much right away but still....

UPDATE: talked to my doc and told them my concerns, now have an apt on Monday at noon!

Mimzy: I totaly understand what you are feeling! I think about the exact same things every day. Like for example today i had some cramping around my belly button and a little to the left - i was terrified i was having a miscarriage or something else was wrong with the baby. My sister assured me it was growing pains and not to worry. About 5 min later the pain went away but i was so scared. Sometimes in the mornings I look in the mirror and think my belly went down and think my baby stopped growing. Such silly thoughts, i know! The baby should be fine - Mimzy :) it's all in our crazy heads!

Mimzy: I totaly understand what you are feeling! I think about the exact same things every day. Like for example today i had some cramping around my belly button and a little to the left - i was terrified i was having a miscarriage or something else was wrong with the baby. My sister assured me it was growing pains and not to worry. About 5 min later the pain went away but i was so scared. Sometimes in the mornings I look in the mirror and think my belly went down and think my baby stopped growing. Such silly thoughts, i know! The baby should be fine - Mimzy :) it's all in our crazy heads!

Oh I've had those pains too! I read they are just growing pains. I agree in the morning I feel like my bump has gotten smaller and I fear that the baby has stopped growing too!!! I know its crazy but I don't think we can help it :shrug: The last apt the doc said everything was fine and chances of miscarriage or anything going wrong is very slim now so I just keep trying to tell myself that.

We have all heard the HB on dobbler now so we will all be fine! :) but I think its normal for us to still be concerned about our little baby!

Yeah def nothing to worry about with cramping and pulling...my doctor said its my round ligament causing the cramp. It occurs mostly on the right but can sometimes on the left too. I hadn't appt today and heard the heart beat. I also felt less pregnant and low and behold everything was perfect! Don't worry! Good luck!

Hey ladies! I haven't been on here in quite awhile! Hope everyone is doing great. I am very anxious about the next appt because this is the first time I took progesterone to help maintain the pregnancy. Everything has been perfect so far but I quit taking the progesterone last week... Also, I feel less and less pregnant everyday! Even though I know that nothing has happened that should make me feel this way. It's so hard to explain to DH, I am so worried all the time and I know that isn't good for baby!

Does anyone have a home fetal doppler? What are the risks that everyone knows about?

How do I add a ticker? I guess since I am in the second trimester I should add one too!

Also, we just told family last week and they were sooooo excited which does make me so much more excited!

Thanks for your advice ladies :)

Hey ladies! I haven't been on here in quite awhile! Hope everyone is doing great. I am very anxious about the next appt because this is the first time I took progesterone to help maintain the pregnancy. Everything has been perfect so far but I quit taking the progesterone last week... Also, I feel less and less pregnant everyday! Even though I know that nothing has happened that should make me feel this way. It's so hard to explain to DH, I am so worried all the time and I know that isn't good for baby!

Does anyone have a home fetal doppler? What are the risks that everyone knows about?

How do I add a ticker? I guess since I am in the second trimester I should add one too!

Also, we just told family last week and they were sooooo excited which does make me so much more excited!

Thanks for your advice ladies :)

Hi! I'm sorry your so nervous. But I've heard that once the placenta takes over at 12 weeks that progesterone isn't as important. Don't know how true that is but I remember reading it somewhere. I am looking into an at home Doppler today. I don't think there are any risks associated with that. Not positive though. I'm glad you told your family....I loved telling mine. So exciting! Good luck with everything Hun! :)

I have a home Doppler. I did a lot of research before getting it and didn't find any risks associated with it. I try not to use it daily though just in case. I love having it though because I worry a lot and it helps to hear baby's heartbeat

I have a home Doppler. I did a lot of research before getting it and didn't find any risks associated with it. I try not to use it daily though just in case. I love having it though because I worry a lot and it helps to hear baby's heartbeat

Where did you get your doppler? I'm thinking of getting one too!

Where did you get your doppler? I'm thinking of getting one too!

I got my doppler off ebay for a pretty good price. They all seem to run about $50 to $60. Just check the brand because some are better then others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->