Due in Sept 2013 looking for bump buddies

I tried to get my DH to let me get a fetal Doppler but he didn't go for it :( I'm having my #2 and I'm not quite as anxious as with my first but I'm still feeling anxious for no apparent reason. Luckily, I have an appt on Wednesday so I'll be able to be reassured by the HB again. :)

I tried to get my DH to let me get a fetal Doppler but he didn't go for it :( I'm having my #2 and I'm not quite as anxious as with my first but I'm still feeling anxious for no apparent reason. Luckily, I have an appt on Wednesday so I'll be able to be reassured by the HB again. :)

I'm thinking I might return the device I got a buy an actual Doppler.

My husband didn't like the idea of me getting one either. I guess he knows me too well bc if i couldn't pick up a heartbeat he'd have to put up with me being even more worried than i already am!

Have fun at your appt tomorrow. Yey!

Yeah I would return it if I was you. I got mine off Ebay for 30$ Angel Sounds. And it picked it up right away, can be used from 14 weeks. So if you really want one I suggest that brand. It does ease my anxiety so I find it worth it.

My husband didn't like the idea of me getting one either. I guess he knows me too well bc if i couldn't pick up a heartbeat he'd have to put up with me being even more worried than i already am!

Thanks! I'm bringing DD again so she can hear the heartbeat too (of course DH is coming too).
I think that's my DH's biggest reason for not wanting me to get one. Lol. The cost being the second one. There are plenty of things we need for baby yet and that can be money spent on onsies and other baby stuff.

Yes, I agree. Would definitely do that!

Thanks! I'm bringing DD again so she can hear the heartbeat too (of course DH is coming too).
I think that's my DH's biggest reason for not wanting me to get one. Lol. The cost being the second one. There are plenty of things we need for baby yet and that can be money spent on onsies and other baby stuff.

Totally agree! I would much rather spend the money on something else for the baby. Let us know how your appt goes today!

Appointment went well today. Baby's heart beat was nice and strong, rate in the 150s. She kept moving away from the Doppler so the nurse had to find her a few times. Haha. All the NT tests we had came back good. Everything is looking perfect. My belly is measuring at 18 weeks (officially 17+3 today). While the baby definitely got bigger (as well as my belly) in the last 5 weeks, I didn't have an weight gain since my last appointment. Probably due to some late onset morning sickness I've had. Food has not been my friend the last month or so.
I have my 20 week ultrasound in 3 weeks! I'm so excited to see her again, this is going to feel like a long 3 weeks! :wacko:

Appointment went well today. Baby's heart beat was nice and strong, rate in the 150s. She kept moving away from the Doppler so the nurse had to find her a few times. Haha. All the NT tests we had came back good. Everything is looking perfect. My belly is measuring at 18 weeks (officially 17+3 today). While the baby definitely got bigger (as well as my belly) in the last 5 weeks, I didn't have an weight gain since my last appointment. Probably due to some late onset morning sickness I've had. Food has not been my friend the last month or so.
I have my 20 week ultrasound in 3 weeks! I'm so excited to see her again, this is going to feel like a long 3 weeks! :wacko:

Great news!:happydance: Glad everything is looking perfect! Totally understand where three weeks feels like forever! I've been waiting for my next apt which is the 30th and its taking FOREVER to get here!

Glad to hear everyone is progressing well!! I am just in limbo waiting for the next midwife appointment which is shortly followed by teh 20 week scan (1st week of May). I haven't felt any movement yet...the midwife said not to expect it too early on but I thought I might feel something by now......
I still don't look 'pregnant' in my opinion, just a bit chunky. Certainly noone has 'dared' to ask if I am so I guess that means I am still in the waiting to pop stage.

Glad to hear everyone is progressing well!! I am just in limbo waiting for the next midwife appointment which is shortly followed by teh 20 week scan (1st week of May). I haven't felt any movement yet...the midwife said not to expect it too early on but I thought I might feel something by now......
I still don't look 'pregnant' in my opinion, just a bit chunky. Certainly noone has 'dared' to ask if I am so I guess that means I am still in the waiting to pop stage.

I know how you feel...ppl say I look pregnant but I just feel chunky. I can't wait to really pop out! I haven't felt much movement either and wish I could just for peace of mind. Before we know it we will be physically holding our little munchkins!

I know how you feel...ppl say I look pregnant but I just feel chunky. I can't wait to really pop out! I haven't felt much movement either and wish I could just for peace of mind. Before we know it we will be physically holding our little munchkins!

I know it's crazy, we are nearly half way through.....I've still got sooooo much to do, so much to buy. 2 weeks today I will find out if we are having a girl or a boy and then I am going to start some serious shopping!

I hear ya Dime! I can't wait to find out the gender so I can finally get some shopping (and registering) started!

When do you find out Elephant? I'm going for my us on the 2nd May....seems ages away.

I know it's crazy, we are nearly half way through.....I've still got sooooo much to do, so much to buy. 2 weeks today I will find out if we are having a girl or a boy and then I am going to start some serious shopping!

One week from today we find out :) I can't wait to register! We were at Babies R'us last weekend and I loved sooo many things!

I am sure that we have a girl. I have full confidence in the sonographer. I'm still going to wait to buy or register until after our 20 week ultrasound. I'm so excited!! May 8th can't come soon enough!

I'm also looking forward to May! Next apt is April 30th then doc said we can schedule the US hoping I get in that week! How's everyone been feeling? Everyone in their glowing preg stage of the 2nd tri?

I've been having heartburn would say thats my biggest complaint right now.

I am sure that we have a girl. I have full confidence in the sonographer. I'm still going to wait to buy or register until after our 20 week ultrasound. I'm so excited!! May 8th can't come soon enough!

If you have a girl that would be wonderful bc you probably still have some outfits from your first daughter AND she gets a sister! I love my sisters, we are best friends and i'm not sure what i would do without them! But, if you have a boy that would be great too, then you will have one of each!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->