Due in Sept 2013 looking for bump buddies

Well this is me at 25 weeks....I am apparently 'quite overweight' according to the midwife, who is threatening to put me on a diet after my GD test next week. :growlmad:

overweight are you kidding me!?? I think you look great! My OB told me to "slow it down" on the weight gain too. Its super annoying I try to not let it bother me but its hard not to.

Well this is me at 25 weeks....I am apparently 'quite overweight' according to the midwife, who is threatening to put me on a diet after my GD test next week. :growlmad:

What???!! She's crazy! You look great!

overweight are you kidding me!?? I think you look great! My OB told me to "slow it down" on the weight gain too. Its super annoying I try to not let it bother me but its hard not to.

I came out of the appointment feeling pretty low to be honest....when it's your first, you have no past experience to compare it to so yes, comments like that do end up getting you down. I recognise that according to the charts, I've gone off the scale a bit....but everyone's body reacts differently to pregnancy and a professional midwife should at least acknowledge that instead of insinuating that I eat junk which is completely untrue.

I think the calorie elves are force feeding me cake during the night when I'm asleep - it's the only explanation to the weight gain.

Exercising I'm sure will help, just make sure that you aren't overdoing it. Really as long as you aren't having complications due to weight I don't understand why your midwife would make such a big deal about it. Normal weight gain is 25-35lbs (11-16kg) unless you were severely overweight pre-pregnancy. I have always been told that a little more is not the end of the world, it's just an average. Some women can eat healthy and exercise and still gain a ton of weight. I would still try not to worry yourself over it. Because I think you look great too!

Anyone go through days when your LO is active the whole day and then goes a day or 2 with our much activity at all? Today I barely notice he's in there. Makes me worry :-/

Yes. At this stage it is normal. The babies are still small enough they can still hide. Most doctors recommend starting kick counts at 28 weeks because they are big enough that they can't hide anymore. Mine is active almost all the time though. Haha. Quiet days usually indicate a growth spurt.
When I don't feel her for a while I take some time and do kick counts. :)

Anyone go through days when your LO is active the whole day and then goes a day or 2 with our much activity at all? Today I barely notice he's in there. Makes me worry :-/

Yes! I posted something about this just the other day. My little guy was super active Monday barely at all Tues and Wed. and active again today. It worries me a bit too. But whenever I really want to feel him I can, if I just lay down and wait a min or two. You could try that when your worried. But its normal I've read.

Omg this kills me! Even if you have gained higher than what's expected at this time there is no way anyone could call you quite overweight! Every pregnancy is different and they shouldnrecognize that a little more.

On a side note - every morning my husband puts his hand on my belly and its like my little girl knows he is there and starts kicking away. I love it. And last night she was kicking for 25 min straight and i was in heaven. I just love being pregnant right now.

Omg this kills me! Even if you have gained higher than what's expected at this time there is no way anyone could call you quite overweight! Every pregnancy is different and they shouldnrecognize that a little more.

On a side note - every morning my husband puts his hand on my belly and its like my little girl knows he is there and starts kicking away. I love it. And last night she was kicking for 25 min straight and i was in heaven. I just love being pregnant right now.

I'm obsessed with feeling him kick! I always have my hand on my belly when I'm laying on the couch at night just waiting for him to kick. And in the middle of the night whenever I wake up and in the am too lol! It is the best feeling! :cloud9:

I love feeling the kicks too. Sometimes they hurt a little bit though, if she kicks a sore ligament but not too bad. :) I've always got my hand on my belly too.

I love feeling him kick too! Hubby felt a few good ones yesterday morning. I also feel for him when I get up in the middle of the night. He was active ALL day yesterday. I'm sure he's pooped out today lol!

I mostly feel her movements all the way on my right side. Occasionally I feel movements in the left. Do you think its possible she is sideways? I don't feel as though she is up and down at all.

I also feel almost all of baby's movements on one side, my left....the m/w said her head is just under my rib cage and that's way I feel kicks so low down.

I had the glucose test this morning but I don't get the results until next week. Here, we are given the drink to have at home and then just pop to the clinic to get our blood taken so I was in and out in 20 mins.

My LO still switches positions. Pretty soon she won't be small enough for that anymore. It seems most the time she is head down these days though!

I get to have my glucose test next week. I get to stay at the clinic the full hour lol. I can't wait to just get it over with! Haha.

It was like drinking pure syrup. I kept telling myelf that i've drank worse things in the past but they were usually followed by silly dancing and a headache - not a blood test. Hopefully it comes out ok so i don't have to deal with the midwife...

My LO still switches positions. Pretty soon she won't be small enough for that anymore. It seems most the time she is head down these days though!

I get to have my glucose test next week. I get to stay at the clinic the full hour lol. I can't wait to just get it over with! Haha.

My glucose test isn't for two weeks, I also have to be there for an hour but during that hour I'll see the doc.

My little guys switches positions a lot too. But mostly I feel him on the left side. Doc said placenta is on the right so it would make since that he would stay more to the left then. But I also feel little flutters down low sometimes. The kicks are mostly up high near my belly button or more to the left of it. Sometimes I get this hard ball to the left of my belly button I have no idea if its his head or butt lol

I usually feel him more on the left side. Sometimes a quick kick on the right but not often. He likes to kick my bladder a lot which is no fun! I haven't glucose test next week. Dr said to block out 2 plus hours for it. Soooo not looking forward to that.

I will get my glucose checked in 2 weeks. Not looking forward to it either but at least it's better than being at work haha!

At my last appt, 2 weeks ago, the u/s showed that little girl was sideways. I feel flutters to the side and sometimes very low in my abdomen. My dr. said that she will eventually turn.

I have my glucose test in about 3 weeks.. They also gave me the drink to have at home and then I just have to go into the office to have blood drawn. Really hoping that I pass and do not have to worry about it..

I am feeling my little one move as well and can feel some kicks too. Everytime I try to have DH feel the baby stops.. So poor DH hasnt felt him yet. Im hoping soon though!

Babies can be so stubborn when it comes to Daddy. Mine was for a long time and still get stubborn occasionally.
I think my little one is doing the "Cupid Shuffle" in there. I feel her literally all over the place. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->