Due in Sept 2013 looking for bump buddies

I had a very similar reaction to the drink. I was so dizzy and nauseous and got very very light headed. It was horrible. So glad I had my sister with me.

I am actually feeling like time is going sooooo slow. So happy to be 30 weeks on friday :D

Did or is anyone in hear having a baby shower for bubs other then their first? I'm not sure if I should have one.

Thanks ladies! I feel much better today. It must of just been "sugar overload". I hope I passed because I don't want to do that again with double the dose! :nope:

So today I'm in my third trimester :happydance: I'm sure the further we get into our third trimester we'll be hoping the time is still going fast! I hope all you ladies have a fun fourth of July and hopefully get a little time to kick your feet up.

Happy Independence Day to everyone!

Cammy: Are your friends/family thinking of throwing you a shower for your second baby or do you want to throw your own shower? I ask this because in the states we do not usually throw our own showers and i would not recommend throwing your own esp if this is your second. But if your friends/family want to throw you one, that would be nice. We had a second shower for one of my cousins bc her 1st child was so far apart from her 2nd child - we actually called it a "sprinkle" and mostly gave her diapers, wet wipes, etc.

Thanks ladies! I feel much better today. It must of just been "sugar overload". I hope I passed because I don't want to do that again with double the dose! :nope:

So today I'm in my third trimester :happydance: I'm sure the further we get into our third trimester we'll be hoping the time is still going fast! I hope all you ladies have a fun fourth of July and hopefully get a little time to kick your feet up.

glad to hear. :D

I actually skipped the first test and went straight to the big one because I already had GD with my first son. I hated it, so glad I only had to do it once.

Happy Independence Day to everyone!

Cammy: Are your friends/family thinking of throwing you a shower for your second baby or do you want to throw your own shower? I ask this because in the states we do not usually throw our own showers and i would not recommend throwing your own esp if this is your second. But if your friends/family want to throw you one, that would be nice. We had a second shower for one of my cousins bc her 1st child was so far apart from her 2nd child - we actually called it a "sprinkle" and mostly gave her diapers, wet wipes, etc.

a friend wanted to throw me one but I'm not sure weather to say yes or not. I just have a feeling I'll end up having to make all the arrangements.

Me and OH are thinking more of having a bbq and having a "meet the baby" sort of thing a bit after he is born.

I think I like the idea of a 'meet the baby' party. I'm English so baby showers are only just catching on now so I quite like the idea of it not being all about me and DH and baby partaking. Like you Cammy, I can see myself having to do the organisation which I could do without right now; I'm off on holiday in a couple of weeks and the time I'm home, I'll only have a month to go before baby is here.

yeah baby showers aren't very big here either. I didn't even think about it at all when DS, but my best friend at the time went on and on and on about having one. She had alo t of grand ideas for it and said she had it all covered. She got some awesome invites printed and sent out but then it came to the day and she showed up with a try of cupcakes that she said I still had to ice :S

Weirdly and thankfully my dad turned up with a whole bunch of decorations and games planned for me.

It turned out to be pretty fun.

But anyway, I think I like this idea more. We already have everything and I don't like the idea of asking for things. I much prefer just to invite all the people we care about to come meet our precious new baby.

Me and OH are thinking more of having a bbq and having a "meet the baby" sort of thing a bit after he is born.[/QUOTE]

Cammy I also like the "meet the baby" idea for your second. And I know you said you weren't crazy about the asking for things but I'm sure some people will end up bringing little welcoming gifts anyways.

A coworker shared a great idea and I thought I'd share with you ladies. She said to put everything that's on your baby registry also on a registry on Amazon. Put the baby's due date as your shower date. And whatever you don't get from your shower you can get from amazon which is most of the time cheaper than stores like buybuybaby, babies r us, and other dept stores like target etc. And they also give you 10% off the items that were on your registry.

That's a pretty interesting idea Mimzy :D

How is everyone going?

We have started to really get into baby mode. Feeling so unprepared and I know I am only just past 30 weeks, but I also know how fast the next 9 weeks will go, if I am on due date.

Cammy: i hear ya....i don't like asking for things either and esp if the person giving it will have you do all the planning i would politetly decline the offer :)

Love the idea of meet the baby bbq's girls - so cute!

Thanks for the heads up on the amazon registry, Mimzy!

Dime: Have fun on your vacation in a couple of weeks! Are you heading anywhere fun?

Thanks Hun.....we are going to Ibiza, just off the coast from mainland Spain.

So we just had a 4d scan -it was great, but Little Miss Camera Shy decided to keep covering her face with her hands and feet! We managed to get a few good photos though. My dad got to see it with us which was amazing for him at 76, he's never seen a normal scan let alone something so hightech.

Attachments

• VIOLETA HURTADO WEBB_0011.JPG
    VIOLETA HURTADO WEBB_0011.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 2

So we just had a 4d scan -it was great, but Little Miss Camera Shy decided to keep covering her face with her hands and feet! We managed to get a few good photos though. My dad got to see it with us which was amazing for him at 76, he's never seen a normal scan let alone something so hightech.

WOW! This pic is AMAZING!!!

Such a cute little profile! I love baby noses lol. Very good pic :)

Dime very cute pic and very cool that your dad got to be a part of it!

I'm more in love with her than ever after seeing that little button nose. DH just said to stop scanning through the photos as I'm going to 'wear them out'. Lol.

Dime love the pic! I wish it was in our budget to have one of those ultrasounds. They are so neat.

Had my glucose test this morning. I have to say that it really wasn't bad at all for me. I was nervous because people say this drink is disgusting and all that but really it just tasted like extra sugary juice. now I just have to wait for the results.

On a plus side, according to the Dr I've only gained 17 pounds (although my scale is telling me it's more like 20 lbs). I've been worried about weight gain and really didn't want to use pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I want because I know from past experiences how quickly I can gain if I don't pay attention. I've kept very active this pregnancy hiking, kayaking, walking, etc plus I work on my feet and I think it's helped. Hopefully staying active will help me with an easy labor ;)

Dime love the pic! I wish it was in our budget to have one of those ultrasounds. They are so neat.

Had my glucose test this morning. I have to say that it really wasn't bad at all for me. I was nervous because people say this drink is disgusting and all that but really it just tasted like extra sugary juice. now I just have to wait for the results.

On a plus side, according to the Dr I've only gained 17 pounds (although my scale is telling me it's more like 20 lbs). I've been worried about weight gain and really didn't want to use pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I want because I know from past experiences how quickly I can gain if I don't pay attention. I've kept very active this pregnancy hiking, kayaking, walking, etc plus I work on my feet and I think it's helped. Hopefully staying active will help me with an easy labor ;)

Good job with staying active! I'm doing the same as i've also heard it makes for an easier pregnancy! My twin sister stayed very active with her first and she had a really easy delivery. She ran a half marathon 2 months after!

You have done really well to stay so active. You'll be back in your old clothes pretty much as soon as you give birth!

Hey Ladies! Hope everyone is doing well. I have been have quite a few ultrasounds lately becaue I had high blood pressure one day and so they just wanted to make sure baby is okay.. But I did get a few 3D pictures yesterday and wanted to share one with everyone!
bb.jpg

Hey Ladies! Hope everyone is doing well. I have been have quite a few ultrasounds lately becaue I had high blood pressure one day and so they just wanted to make sure baby is okay.. But I did get a few 3D pictures yesterday and wanted to share one with everyone!
View attachment 641889

Awwww blesssss, those chubby cheeks are so cute!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->