Due in Sept 2013 looking for bump buddies

Have any of you ladies had pains that feel like a stitch in your side as if you ate a big meal and went speed walking immediately after? Idk if its ligament pain or not Bc it doesn't start in the groin. It's up along my side though.

Yes! I had a late night working a few weeks ago and was doing a lot of running around. I got stitches in my side like I had been jogging or something. I texted my midwife and she said it was round lig. pain probably.

30 weeks today! Anyone else celebrating any big milestones today?!

Have any of you ladies had pains that feel like a stitch in your side as if you ate a big meal and went speed walking immediately after? Idk if its ligament pain or not Bc it doesn't start in the groin. It's up along my side though.

Yes! I had a late night working a few weeks ago and was doing a lot of running around. I got stitches in my side like I had been jogging or something. I texted my midwife and she said it was round lig. pain probably.

30 weeks today! Anyone else celebrating any big milestones today?!

Ok good to know! Since I'm at risk for uterine rupture every little pull and pain in my abdomen makes me nervous. It hurts to even walk when I get that ligament pain. Oh what we go through for little babies :)

I got that cramp in my side last night after getting up to use the bathroom. If I wait to long to use the restroom all my little aches and pains get worse. The ligament pain does hurt to walk sometimes and getting up too fast is a big no no. :nope:

I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow! Its like I've gone a full circle first tri I wanted it to go by fast. To be over the MS and into the more "safe zone" of the 2nd tri. Second tri was a breeze and I wanted it to slow down. Now 3rd tri and I'm anxious for it to be over with lol

I've been getting that stitch pain for weeks now, but I have been told it's perfectly normal and that it's from having a c-section with my first. So it is probably a different pain to what you ladies are refering to.

Uterine rupture scares the hell out of me :( I know it's rare even though I have had a c-section but I can't help but be terrified by the idea of something going horribly wrong in delivery.

OMG I feel HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot imagine how big I am going to be in 8 weeks time :S

I've been getting that stitch pain for weeks now, but I have been told it's perfectly normal and that it's from having a c-section with my first. So it is probably a different pain to what you ladies are refering to.

Uterine rupture scares the hell out of me :( I know it's rare even though I have had a c-section but I can't help but be terrified by the idea of something going horribly wrong in delivery.

OMG I feel HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot imagine how big I am going to be in 8 weeks time :S

Well I wish you much luck when it comes to your delivery. I imagine your attempting a VBAC? My dr won't even let me TRY. I understand though. I would rather both me and the baby be safe and healthy. I'm just nervous that I'm going to go into labor before my C section and rupturing. Ppl at work have been telling me that the baby had dropped so that scares me a lot. We're not ready yet! Lol

Well I wish you much luck when it comes to your delivery. I imagine your attempting a VBAC? My dr won't even let me TRY. I understand though. I would rather both me and the baby be safe and healthy. I'm just nervous that I'm going to go into labor before my C section and rupturing. Ppl at work have been telling me that the baby had dropped so that scares me a lot. We're not ready yet! Lol

When do you go to the doc next? I have a feeling my lil guy has dropped already too! I need to go to the bathroom ALL the time and I know he is already head down from my last visit with the midwife. I get this weird very sharp and painful pain, that feels like a knife being pushed from my uterus down my vagina. It only lasts a second but it does take my breath away! I've tried to find out online what it could be but keep getting conflicting answers. It happened a few times yesterday and again this morning. I don't go to the midwife again till the 29th. Some of what I've been reading says its just stretching or the baby hitting your cervix some say its "lighting" which happens before labor starts and some say its the cervix thinning?! :wacko:

Mimzy - I had a dr. apt on tuesday and the baby's head was down. I'm not getting the pain you described but i do have a sharp pain in my back that goes down my butt on my right side. Dr. said it's my siactic nerve and that i've been feeling it on my right because my uterus is on that side (she said that where most are located). I hope you feel better and that the pain goes away soon!!
Also - noisey question - why do you have a "midwife" if you are in IL? You don't see an OBGYN?

Mimzy - I had a dr. apt on tuesday and the baby's head was down. I'm not getting the pain you described but i do have a sharp pain in my back that goes down my butt on my right side. Dr. said it's my siactic nerve and that i've been feeling it on my right because my uterus is on that side (she said that where most are located). I hope you feel better and that the pain goes away soon!!
Also - noisey question - why do you have a "midwife" if you are in IL? You don't see an OBGYN?

Thanks!

I had an OBGYN but switched to a Midwife near the end of my second tri. because I want to do an unmedicated /non intervened natural birth. I'm still birthing in a hospital. The hospital I'm birthing at has a birthing center with water tubs for the midwife patients. I plan to do a natural water birth if all goes well.

Thanks!

I had an OBGYN but switched to a Midwife near the end of my second tri. because I want to do an unmedicated /non intervened natural birth. I'm still birthing in a hospital. The hospital I'm birthing at has a birthing center with water tubs for the midwife patients. I plan to do a natural water birth if all goes well.

I am in exactly this situation. I live in a semi-rural American town but have chosen to use a midwife over the local hospital OB so I could enjoy a waterbirth, fewer interventions, more holistic care, and more control of the process. Sometimes more medicalization isn't necessarily better.

When do you go to the doc next? I have a feeling my lil guy has dropped already too! I need to go to the bathroom ALL the time and I know he is already head down from my last visit with the midwife. I get this weird very sharp and painful pain, that feels like a knife being pushed from my uterus down my vagina. It only lasts a second but it does take my breath away! I've tried to find out online what it could be but keep getting conflicting answers. It happened a few times yesterday and again this morning. I don't go to the midwife again till the 29th. Some of what I've been reading says its just stretching or the baby hitting your cervix some say its "lighting" which happens before labor starts and some say its the cervix thinning?! :wacko:

I go next week. I have to pee a lot too and feel him wiggling on my bladder a lot. My last ultrasound at 30 weeks showed he was head down but not "engaged" yet.

Hi ladies hope you all had a good weekend.

So I have another weird symptom! For the past couple weeks when I would go for a walk outside I would get this tingling feeling in my fingers. I though it was just from the heat. Then I started to get it at other times of the day even when I wasn't outside walking. And last night I started to get the tingling then awful joint pain in my fingers! Its worse on my left hand. Its painful even to bend them!:growlmad: Now since this am the pain has not gone away. I feel like I'm 60 and have arthritis pain in my fingers!

I've herd of pregnancy carpel tunnel but that's in the wrists not the fingers right?!

Hi ladies hope you all had a good weekend.

So I have another weird symptom! For the past couple weeks when I would go for a walk outside I would get this tingling feeling in my fingers. I though it was just from the heat. Then I started to get it at other times of the day even when I wasn't outside walking. And last night I started to get the tingling then awful joint pain in my fingers! Its worse on my left hand. Its painful even to bend them!:growlmad: Now since this am the pain has not gone away. I feel like I'm 60 and have arthritis pain in my fingers!

I've herd of pregnancy carpel tunnel but that's in the wrists not the fingers right?!

Carpal tunnel effects your fingers too. When you clinch your fist it effects the wrist where the carpal tunnel is. So the tingling in your fingers is normal from that. It's all nerve compression from the carpal tunnel so the pain will radiate.

Thank you Sasha that makes sense

All these weird pregnancy symptoms that I never thought I would get while pregnant, never even knew happened in pregnancy!

How is everyone doing? Ready for the baby to make their appearance and be done with being pregnant yet?:haha:

Thank you Sasha that makes sense

All these weird pregnancy symptoms that I never thought I would get while pregnant, never even knew happened in pregnancy!

How is everyone doing? Ready for the baby to make their appearance and be done with being pregnant yet?:haha:

Your welcome. I only know that Bc I'm a physical therapist assistant lol. My arms get tingly sometimes from the elbow.

I'm very ready for baby to make his appearance. I'm so excited to meet him. Hubby can't wait either...it's so cute. I've been getting that stitch in my sides a lot lately but that's about it as far as symptoms. We went to the mall this past weekend and I had to stop and sit down for awhile Bc it hurt so bad to walk. Everyone waking by prob thought I was in labor lol. They all gave me weird looks.

I'm looking forward to meeting baby but a little nervous about labor :-/

well ladies we are in single digits as far as weeks... 9 weeks left for me! And who knows baby could come sooner for some of us!:wohoo: hopefully not to soon though!

Im sure some of you have your baby showers coming up, that's exciting! Getting last final things ready for baby. Anyone get their hospital bag ready yet?

So I had a dr appt today and she changed my C-section date to September 12th. That's 7 weeks away!! I'm so excited and nervous. This whole pregnancy went so fast so far.

My shower is this Saturday and I'm excited about that. I can't wait to see all of the cute things that the baby gets. All of this feels so real all of the sudden :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->