• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Due in Sept 2013 looking for bump buddies

To be precise exactly 7 weeks left for me, I m schedule for a for C sec on 11th of Sep, almost 11days ahead of my EDD.

Sasha and Rain

That's very exciting! It will be here before you know it!

Sasha very comforting I'm sure that your shower is this Saturday. Then you'll kind of have an idea of what you have for baby and what you need. My shower isn't till Aug 10th but I'm already so anxious for it!

To be precise exactly 7 weeks left for me, I m schedule for a for C sec on 11th of Sep, almost 11days ahead of my EDD.

I'm the 12th we are pretty much the same. How exciting!!

So I had a dr appt today and she changed my C-section date to September 12th. That's 7 weeks away!! I'm so excited and nervous. This whole pregnancy went so fast so far.

My shower is this Saturday and I'm excited about that. I can't wait to see all of the cute things that the baby gets. All of this feels so real all of the sudden :)

My shower is this Saturday too and i'm just as excited!! So amazing you are only 7 weeks away!

My shower is a surprise. It's funny because I've always loved the idea of someone actually pulling a surprise over me, but now not knowing makes me feel so much less prepared! I've still got lots of cleaning to do plus we are redoing the flooring in our room which is good because we will empty it and start fresh. Baby will be in our room until we find a new place around the beginning of the year. I'm very excited to redo our room and decorate for our little girl. Can't believe some of you will be holding your loved ones in only seven weeks. Seems like not that long ago we were all comparing symptoms, wondering if we could have that last drink with friends before we took our tests, sharing our bfps. So crazy!!

LiteBright

I agree seems not that long ago some of us were in the TWW thread! lol

Has anyone else had swelling? My fingers are so swollen my wedding rings don't fit. :( Things I've read that help swelling are things I already do which is frustrating! They say drink water no caffeine, which I only drink water and milk. Increase potassium, I eat at lest one banana in my morning smoothie every day. And avoid standing for long periods, well I sit on my bum all day at work (desk job). Another suggests moderate exercise and I walk 20-40mins mon-friday. So I'm at a loss of what else to do!!!??:wacko:

Could this swelling be causing the pain in my fingers I wonder? Causing the "carpel tunnel"?

So excited that today is my shower! :)

I had a dr appt yesterday Bc I woke up with some brown spotting. Everything checked out just fine from the tests that they performed and I had another US. He's now weighing in at 5lbs already. I wonder how big he'll be at birth! He has a little less than 7 weeks and at this rate I have a feeling he will be huge lol!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and wonderful showers for those of you having them. :)

I had a dr appt yesterday Bc I woke up with some brown spotting. Everything checked out just fine from the tests that they performed and I had another US. He's now weighing in at 5lbs already. I wonder how big he'll be at birth! He has a little less than 7 weeks and at this rate I have a feeling he will be huge lol!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and wonderful showers for those of you having them. :)

Glad everything checked out and you and baby are doing well! I read that ultrasounds used to determine the weight of the baby aren't that accurate. And I know lots of women who have been told their baby was big and it was smaller than they said and vice versa. So I wouldn't count on it to be too accurate. But that's great news that he is healthy!

Hope you have a wonderful shower, be sure to let us know how it went! :flower:

So last night I started having menstrual like cramping and back pain then it just went away and I was able to fall asleep. Then I woke up at 5am with menstrual like cramping and back pain again. And my little guy was moving a ton and I kept feeling my uterus tighten up. I took a hot shower and the cramps and back ache eased up. I now have this pressure in my vagina and it seems swollen but the cramping and back ache is gone. I have an ice pack on my vagina and it seems to be helping with the pressure. I go to the midwife on Monday. I will have a ton of questions for her! I really hope its nothing and just my body stretching and practising for labor. I was a little concerned that I was going into preterm labor at first, but the cramping and tighting which was prob just BH, have stopped.

Glad everything checked out and you and baby are doing well! I read that ultrasounds used to determine the weight of the baby aren't that accurate. And I know lots of women who have been told their baby was big and it was smaller than they said and vice versa. So I wouldn't count on it to be too accurate. But that's great news that he is healthy!

Hope you have a wonderful shower, be sure to let us know how it went! :flower:

So last night I started having menstrual like cramping and back pain then it just went away and I was able to fall asleep. Then I woke up at 5am with menstrual like cramping and back pain again. And my little guy was moving a ton and I kept feeling my uterus tighten up. I took a hot shower and the cramps and back ache eased up. I now have this pressure in my vagina and it seems swollen but the cramping and back ache is gone. I have an ice pack on my vagina and it seems to be helping with the pressure. I go to the midwife on Monday. I will have a ton of questions for her! I really hope its nothing and just my body stretching and practising for labor. I was a little concerned that I was going into preterm labor at first, but the cramping and tighting which was prob just BH, have stopped.

If there's no bleeding I wouldn't think too much of it. I had this at around week 22 or so. I just drank a lot of water and rested. I had menstrual cramping and BH contractions all day and pressure in my vagina but it just passed after about 24 hours of rest.

How did everyone's showers go?

Excellent! We got his entire bedroom set with all of the bedding too. A whole bunch of clothes and little essentials. It was a great day. My poor husband had to lug all of the big pieces up 13 steps though...poor guy was so exhausted.

Our surprise shower ended up being yesterday! I had a hunch it was ;) People were very generous and we got most of the essentials. It feels good to be able to make a list now of all of the stuff we will need to get. I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders :) I hope you all had wonderful showers as well.

As for the period like cramping, this has just started a few days ago with me as well. I was nervous so I looked it up and seems as though it's pretty normal for third trimester. I still plan on talking to my midwife on Tuesday just to be sure.

Glad to hear you showers went well! I can't wait for mine, then I'll feel a little more prepared.

Litebright and Sasha good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this! I rested pretty much all weekend and I'm not cramping anymore just have bad ligament pain. I guess I'll chalk it all up to "growing pains" I go to the midwife today though so I'll let you girls know what she says about it.

Glad to hear everything checked out OK!

I had a great time at my shower. My mom and sisters put it together. They really did an awesome job! I really hate having all of the attention on me but i think i did OK! I got a ton of great things most off of my registry so that was good. i have 2 more showers coming up - one with my husbands family and one given to me by my friends. I forgot to let you all know my work had a surprise shower for me a couple of weeks ago and they got me a pack'n play. I was so surprised!

Elephant wow that's a lot of showers lucky you!

I had my midwife apt yesterday and for the most part everything went good. Measuring 33cm and she said baby is still head down and HB sounds great. As for me though she told me next time I get menstrual like cramping to make sure that I give them a call. I also told her about the pressure and urgency and she suggested we do a urine culture and a chlamydia and gonorrhea test?! This kind of bothered me why would she assume I have an STD? I'm married and I'm pretty sure they test for that when you initially come in. She never looked down there or anything just said because some of the symptoms I'm describing could be that. UGH I don't know why that bothered me so much. I guess she is just doing her job... am I being to sensitive?

I had my midwife apt yesterday and for the most part everything went good. Measuring 33cm and she said baby is still head down and HB sounds great. As for me though she told me next time I get menstrual like cramping to make sure that I give them a call. I also told her about the pressure and urgency and she suggested we do a urine culture and a chlamydia and gonorrhea test?! This kind of bothered me why would she assume I have an STD? I'm married and I'm pretty sure they test for that when you initially come in. She never looked down there or anything just said because some of the symptoms I'm describing could be that. UGH I don't know why that bothered me so much. I guess she is just doing her job... am I being to sensitive?

When I went in on Friday for the brown spotting she did a triple screen on me too to check for STDs. It's just protocol I guess. At first it bothered me too but I know it's always going to be negative Bc I'm married and faithful. Maybe they check in case your partner might not be...I don't know. Your not being too sensitive about it.

When I went in on Friday for the brown spotting she did a triple screen on me too to check for STDs. It's just protocol I guess. At first it bothered me too but I know it's always going to be negative Bc I'm married and faithful. Maybe they check in case your partner might not be...I don't know. Your not being too sensitive about it.

I was hoping I wasn't the only one that they suggested that too! I'm going to just assume its protocol like you said. Thanks for sharing your experience with me though I feel better about it now :hugs:

I was hoping I wasn't the only one that they suggested that too! I'm going to just assume its protocol like you said. Thanks for sharing your experience with me though I feel better about it now :hugs:

Your welcome! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"