Due March 09 Pregnancy Buddies

Hello New People!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :hug:

I'm sorry I don't post in here as often as I should but I hope you are all ok in the pregnancy's :dance:

xx

How do you get a free 3D/4D scan? Someone I know was talking about getting one, but there's no way on earth they're paying £200 for it as they're on a very low joint income. She works for the NHS, so maybe that's how... hmm.

:happydance::happydance: That would be me and the freebie lol .

I have allso decided iam going to have an early private sexing scan at the same clinic so i can know a month before the hospital can tell me (Iam starting to think iam addicted to looking and listening lol).

I had a summer listener with my first girl hun , I couldnt get a think on that untill about 20 weeks , Found it real hard with that .
Then i discovered ebay sell dopplers cheap , Found this one for £20 hun take a peek :) .
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Handy-Fetal-...rms=39:1|66:2|65:2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

There the type ones u can hear real early . I was trying to post recording of what i had heard on mine so far but dont know how to add sound on here lol .
Really are worth every penny reassures me every night . x .

Thanks for that mummymadness.....I know, you're soooo lucky getting that for free!!

Bit skint at the moment but will defo keep that link for future, I bet its really reassuring!!

:hugs:

Liz
xx

How do you get a free 3D/4D scan? Someone I know was talking about getting one, but there's no way on earth they're paying £200 for it as they're on a very low joint income. She works for the NHS, so maybe that's how... hmm.

I was very lucky hun , The place were i went was opening a new clinic . I went paid £75 early scan just to check there was a baby there (I had big doubts lol) , And because i was there first ever customer in that clinic they offered me a free 4D scan when iam around 26/27 weeks :happydance: . I was lucky and very greatfull to them .
My oh is allso on a low income job hun , I stay home with the kids . So we just saved like mad from day i took test .. I knew from that day i needed to see to believe lol .
if they save hun tell them to google as some clinics are real cheap compeared to others ... And i think at some 3Ds are cheaper than 4Ds .
Good luck .

Wannababy !!!! , How you feeling hun . Was thinking today ohhhh must catch up with her for a chat :) .
Iam looking forward to finaly getting to my booking in appointment on Friday ,I sooo want my notes book .. Its the most best Confirmation you can have to make every thing real :) . I am really enjoying this pregnancy so over the moon . I spent the first weeks worrying like mad , And now i feel relaxed and have no worries really .
Anyway will pop in later to see if your around :) . xxxx .

Hi everyone,
Im due March 13 had my first midwife appointment two weeks ago, first
scan on 29 August i was i little disapointed with the scan date as i had m/c in May when i wass 10 weeks and midwide said she would try for an earlier scan for me to stop me worrying so much but that was earliest they could get me in. Cant wait for twelve weeks so i can relax, not long now though i'm 9weeks 4 days now

Claire

hey ladies!
just found out today i won't be getting a 12 week scan (hospital is too busy...) have to wait til 20weeks to see buba for 1st time.... I'm really not happy with that though. Anyone know any ways of getting that scan?

Hey girls i have just found this section!!! i am due on 2nd March, can i join you pleeeease!!!

i have my 12 week scan at 13 weeks 5 days (29th August).

I have had one scan at 6 weeks 5 days and have heard babys heartbeat on a doppler i bought which keeps my mind at rest :)

xxxx

WOW theres loads of us with scans on 29th aug!!! A big day!!! I feel better knowing there are others waiting for the same day as me!!

Welcome newbies and congrats....course you can join!!! The more the merrier!! lol!!!

Mummymadness, helllooo!!! I'm fine ta, glad you're feeling fine! My sickness has subsided a lot but was a bit worried on Sunday as I had a slight orange/brown spotting and I have thrush :blush: I haven't had anymore spotting since and have been given canesten (pessary&cream) from nurse at Docs. Not sure if the spotting was from BDing Sunday am or from the thrush itself but since it hasn't happened anymore, I'm a bit more relaxed. Have had a couple of days off work to take things easy, I'm going back tomorrow though, I'm soooo bored! I was even more worried when I did a search in google and the first 3 posts I read, brown spotting was the beginning of m/c....then I read a few more and all opinions were mixed. I suppose it just depends....

By the way, is the booking in appointment the one you get with the midwife? I've heard a few ppl mention in but wasn't sure what it was lol!! I got my notes when I saw my midwife. I can't wait for my scan - 28th Aug!! :wohoo:

Tiggertea, am so sorry to hear that :growlmad: I'd be so ANNOYED. The hospitals busy? Surely thats not your fault? If you read above, my friend is expecting her 2nd and i was asking her advice & asking if that had happened to her, she said that if I rang my midwife or docs and told them that I was bleeding, they would send me to a early pg unit at hospital for a scan to check everythings OK (for peace of mind). But it wasn't even blood so I wouldn't do that. Its a bit extreme, just a thought....

Liz
xx

Ohhh Tigger iam so sorry they have done that too you , It sounds a bit rubbish they have done that too you .
The only thing i can reccomend is a private clinic hun .

Welcome all just comming in to this thread . x .

Hey hun :) ...
Glad your feeling well , Iam sure i heard brown blood is old blood and small spots is very common . I hope the thrush settles soon :) .
Yes a booking in appointment , Is where you go to hospital see the midwife sort dates out and bloods out then get your book with notes :) . I allso was differed because of them been "Busy" , So now iam going this Friday .
At the hospital iam on the Friday clinic , Have been with all my babies thats when my obgy has his clinic , So mine iam guessing will allso be the 29th for my scan .
March is looking very blooming beautifull for all theese babies :happydance: .

hey wanababy - thanks for the reply! I am SUPER annoyed... lol
They closed loads of hospitals in this area over the past few years and so the one we have left is overworked and understaffed.... hence the lack of appointment time.
I'd be scared to use that "excuse" to get the scan incase (as my mum would say!) "mocking is catching" and I DID have a bleed - it doesn't really bear thinking about!

mummymadness - I've been trying to find a private clinic that I could go to pay for the scan but they are few and far between here, and any I have found only seem to talk about the full "ante-natal package".... hmmmm, I'll keep you posted!
xx

Thanks mummymadness, I'm hoping thats all it was!! Our midwife comes out to your home??? Maybe its different in different areas....:hugs:xx

Tiggertea, I know what you mean its a bit like if you did use that 'excuse' and it happened, it'd be like you 'jinxed' things....it was just a thought, sorry!! I would never say it myself, personally, unless it had actually happened but it depends how 'desperate' some ppl are??

You could try getting on their case...lol!! Say you need your mind put at rest that everything is going OK? But PERSIST!!!

As for going private, won't that be a bit costly for you? (If you could find one, that is!!)

Anyway, good luck hun....
Liz
xx

wanababy - don't apologise hun! I didn't take the suggestion badly (sorry if my reply sounded a bit "off"!) lol I know some people would do it but i'd be too worried lol.
I'll only go privately for the scan if it was somewhere in the "affordable" bracket and I can get it without commiting to the full ante-natal care package. With my situation at work right now I'm not sure what "affordable" is, but I hope when I hear a price it'll work! hahaha isn't that an odd way to look at things?! I had a real go at my mw today and she said she would send a letter to hospital on my behalf but not to hold my breath. She booked my next appt for 23rd Sept with her so we can "listen to the heartbeat" but i just can't wait to see bub on the screen lol.... impatient? me?!......

Tiggertea, I am so sorry to hear that hun. That is disguting to be quite honest. Surely it is a right these days to see your baby at 12 weeks, like everyone else, otherwise surely you are being discriminated against.
It is so poor.

Shimmy,
xxx

Hi,
Just found this forum.....I'm due 22nd March,can I join in????:blush:....not feeling pregnant,other than tired and hungry!! Got my NT scan on 11th September...as am 42... bound to get high risk downs so not looking forward to it! Off to France 21st August till 30th so that should take my mind off it for the time being.
Jacci.xx

hi Tiggertea,

i can understand u being upset and annoyed, thats awful, your first scan is meant to put your mind at ease, at least til week 20, all these cut backs in hospitals especially for pregnant women is a disgrace, its not your fault they are busy, so why should u suffer, id kick up a real stink about it and insist they do one, but that just me.....:) say you need your mind putting to ease and waiting til 20wks is not good enough........:)

:hug:

Hi Jacci welcome over here in the March club :) .
Were a friendly bunch , Feel free to join in any chats with us :) .

Iam having a strange week my buddies are dropping like flies on me Lol , I have managed to loose Brit90 , Goofy (Allthow did text her the other day) , Passengerrach .
Dont you go missing on me aswell Wanna hun or ill have to start thinking about getting a search party together lol . xx .

Hi Jacci,

welcome, hope you enjoy france, hope your scan goes ok in sept will be thinking of you......:)

hey mummymadness,

really daft ?, how do you go about pm to have buddies out of forum, im new to all this and not got a clue so if i seem like not taking part thats not the case just totally new to all this....:) would like to have buddies to txt more than anything else im attached to my mobile.....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->