Due March 09 Pregnancy Buddies

Morning ladies.

I have my 16 week midwife appointment on Thursday too :happydance:

I can't wait to listen to the HB again, it's so wonderful!

I tried to do some yoga this morning, having not done any in weeks! I managed some of it, but was very hard and I ended up giving up after about 25 minutes and what I did manage wasn't terribly productive. Got to build myself back up to some of the stretches! So am now being exposed to the joys of In the Night Garden! I guess I'll have to get used to it for when bubs comes along.

i did some yoga in my garden on sunday which was great but I got really tired in the evening after I have been shopping. All the poses were really easy ones too :D

Mmmm I want to try yoga! Not done it before and its supposed to be great for pregnancy and labour etc isnt it? Will look up!
I have been neglecting swimming what with work, Uni and the dog but hopefully when my assignment and exam is done, I will be back!
I am extremely constipated now (not been for 4 days) its my fault as went mad on the tiger bread from Asda at the weekend :hissy: just could not help it and white bread is lethal :cry: I am dreading the scales and weigh in on Thurs as when I am like this I can gain up to 3 or 4 pound :dohh:

WOW - we now have 7 ladies due on March 20th alone! :dance:
Bumps galore....

Hi Ladies , Finished laylas bedroom at her nannies today , All dora looks amazing :) .
Sorry to hear your feeling crappy at the minuite Logie , Hope the tablets help make you feel better soon .
I wishi was the yoga type , But the kids take all my energy lol ... It feels like i have done ten rounds with mike tyson when i put them to bed lol.
I went to make my 16 week midwife appointment today ,They wanted me Monday but ohhhhhh its my private scan so convinced them another day would be better lol . So next Thursday is mine .
Hope your all well . xx .

Is this where you will finding out if it is a blue or pink bump MM? I think you will be the first of us to know, can't believe we are getting to this stage already! Wow time is flying xxx

Mmmm I want to try yoga! Not done it before and its supposed to be great for pregnancy and labour etc isnt it? Will look up!
I have been neglecting swimming what with work, Uni and the dog but hopefully when my assignment and exam is done, I will be back!

I used to do yoga when I was originally at uni (went to bricks n mortar uni before OU) but I stopped when I left. I bought a DVD for pregnancy and it's great. All the poses are modified for each trimester.

I keep meaning to go swimming too, as our local pool is free for pregnant women, but I'm not a big swimmer normally and I'm a bit nervous to go on my own at first! I'm not good with new situations!

Swimming is great and can be as intense or easy as you want it to be!!

Mummymadness bet you cant wait ay for the scan? :dance:

I used to do yoga when I was originally at uni (went to bricks n mortar uni before OU) but I stopped when I left. I bought a DVD for pregnancy and it's great. All the poses are modified for each trimester.

I keep meaning to go swimming too, as our local pool is free for pregnant women, but I'm not a big swimmer normally and I'm a bit nervous to go on my own at first! I'm not good with new situations!

ooh what DVD? I started yoga at 16, I'm not going to tell you how many centuries I've been practising though. I go swimming too, I love it. Feel so much better after. You are so lucky getting in free! I know what you mean about going on your own because i haven't changed to the cheaper nearer pool because I like my little private one but it's 20mins walk away and I don't know how long I can keep that up :cry:

Ooh, I feel so much better again today! Went to an aqua natal class this morning which was lovely... but a bit different from what I'm used to to be honest! The aerobics classes I usually (or used to) take tend to involve leaping about and getting all hot and sweaty, so it was a bit wierd to have such a calm and relaxed approach! I've also been doing a fitness DVD which is a lot more strenuous, but good fun. Lots of squats!!

Has anyone looked into antenatal classes yet? I've just been looking online at the NCT ones in my area and they're filling up really quick! Have heard that NCT ones tend to be a bit authoritarian though, so have been put off a bit - does anyone have any thoughts about them?

Hope everyone's having a good week! :D

i think I will get this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000V5EMTY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I don't like ordering from the US.

I have booked NTC classes already. Actually my OH booked which really confused the lady because she rang up and asked to speak to me and I was really confused in a 'who are you lady and what do you want from me?' way and had to pass the phone back to him. He said it was ok because she wasn't the one doing the classes, she was a bit of a cow.

I'm not doing aquanatal because I am still swimming but knew someone who went to aquacise (the non pregnant version) in a bikini. And spent a lot of time falling out of that bikini. Because she was a bit like that.

Thanks Beancounter will have a look! Assume you have to pay for these?
Do the hospital/NHS offer them anyway for free?

Yes, the NCT ones are meant to be good, but cost
https://www.nctpregnancyandbabycare.com/home

we paid £135

The hospital ones are free but are supposed to be overcrowded. Im doing those ones too though! we booked them at 12 weeks with the booking in session. Both seem to fill up really fast so I wouldn't wait around before booking em.

Oh dear I better ask MW on Thurs then!!
Just had a jacket potato and now cant keep my eyes open! Going bed for an hour I think. I have gone from full of energy to knackered all of a sudden again x

Hey everyone just thought i'd check how many antenatal classes your all having our hospital said they only give you one and then you can go private and pay for the rest. No idea how many is needed but i don't feel scared or nervous about the birth so one will probably be fine. Had my 16 week midwife appointment today and all was fine blood pressure was a little low and she did the standard weighing, listening to bub on doppler and she said it was a really healthy strong heartbeat. Had my blood taken for the triple screening for down syndrome and spinal ambifida so will hopefully get the results in this week. xxxx

beancounter said:
i think I will get this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pr_product_top

I don't like ordering from the US.

Me neither, I got mine from Amazon.co.uk.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000BYNMH

Yes, the NCT ones are meant to be good, but cost
https://www.nctpregnancyandbabycare.com/home

we paid £135

The hospital ones are free but are supposed to be overcrowded. Im doing those ones too though! we booked them at 12 weeks with the booking in session. Both seem to fill up really fast so I wouldn't wait around before booking em.

My current midwife does some classes, as well as the hospital ones, but we haven't booked any yet as we're moving next month and so I'm not actually booked in to the right hospital yet! I'm booked in to the one here for my scans and will have to transfer.

That does remind me actually that I need to check with my midwife when I see her on Thursday if she can refer me to the right hospital, even though it's in a completely different NHS trust on the other side of the country! No idea if she can or not, but if not it means I can't get booked in to my hospital until after I have a) registered with my new GP and b) seen the midwife at my new surgery :-/

Morning ladies.

I have my 16 week midwife appointment on Thursday too :happydance:

I can't wait to listen to the HB again, it's so wonderful!

Hi Girls, not sure if anyone (I know MM has) read my other post in.......................2ND TRI :happydance:

But I had my midwife app yesterday, except it was a stand in and she wouldn't even attempt to find the heartbeat as she said it was impossible to find as 'you're not even 16 weeks yet'!! Her & the nurse said LO is too far behind pelvic bone to detect heartbeat. I was foaming!!!:hissy: Shocked & confused!! Used my doppler again last night and picked up mine AND LO's so there ya go! Stuff her, she was too busy talking to the computer instead of me anyway - silly old cow!! She said I'd be able to hear it at my next one - 25 weeks! And also she said dopplers are a falacy....I'm going to make appointment with my proper midwife and complain to her...

Hope all of you are well and growing!!!

:hugs:

Liz
xx

By the way jms I'm 12th March!!! Is there a link by the way for the chart, is it? I've been back few pages and can't seem to find it!

Liz (wanababy) I have added you and the link is https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...h-09-pregnancy-buddies-due-dates-tracker.html you are due the same day as Shifter!! :dance:
I am sorry to hear about the stupid MW, complain and make sure you bloody see someone half decent! My MW told me at 6 weeks, come back at Week 14 and we do the HB, and my best friend who is a MW told me you can find it sometimes at 11 week, but definately 16 weeks! Sorry you had such a bad time :hugs:
Katieandbump - good luck with the bloods and screening, glad to hear all is well and do you think the fainting was because of the low BP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->