Due March 09 Pregnancy Buddies

Hi everyone, my I have missed a load on here again!!
Logie bear and lolly hope you both feel better soon
Lucy yes I will post some pics, not be long now, they are all moving about in her tummy and you can feel and see it - its freaky!! Bless her
Mummymadness - scan in 7 days again how exciting! I have to wait till the 12th Nov :cry:
Well I have a spa tomorrow so a pampering day, yoga maybe, facial, eyebrows done, massage, swimming, jacuzzi, 3 course meal etc etc CANT WAIT
Been revising all day (8 hours) so other half cooked me a spag bol, run me a bath with candles then gave me a massage with Bio-oil :rofl:
Now in bed with laptop all refreshed and looking forward to tomorrow
Nice bump Shifter!!
Beancounter, you got a bumpt to show us??!!
Katiensam - you are growing girl!! :cloud9:
Bye for now and hope to catch up tomorrow night girlies xx

Jade - a spa day?? I am sooooo seethingly jealous! I've got a facial later on though - a Guinot Hydradermie - they are the most fantastic facials I've ever had... my skin looks better almost instantly! Hoping for a gorgeously clear complexion by December!

bump measuring 18 weeks instead of 16 which mw said was ok.

Hi Claire - what does that mean? I've heard a few people mention that their bumps are measuring a bit out, but how is a bump measured?? Is it the actual bump? Sorry if I'm being really thick, I don't understand! :blush:

Oooh, I am so excited - forgot to say, I have a bump!!! Well, if I lie down, my tummy is no longer flat! Still can't really tell when I'm upright. I'll try to post a pic later, but I did the photobucket lark last time and failed miserably... I have no patience for techinical things!!

MM - sounds like you still had a nice evening :)

A spa day sounds good, well done on the revision Jade hun. I feel like pulling a sicky from work so I can do lots of revision :blush:

Lousielou - your MW will at some point measure your tummy with a tape measure. My MW hasn't measured me, or weighed me. She doesn't seem to worry about my size, which I don't mind :rofl:

Ooh, nearly forgot to say that I felt first defined movement this morning! It was beyond flutters, I could tell bubs was rolling around in there, it was lovely :happydance:

Oh, does she measure around the waist or around the bump? I don't get how that works to be honest... my bump is teeny!! *feeling pretty thick this morning...*

Ooh, nearly forgot to say that I felt first defined movement this morning! It was beyond flutters, I could tell bubs was rolling around in there, it was lovely :happydance:

Yay! That's so cool - congratulations!!

i think I felt peanut actually kicking. Is it too early? I could even feel it on the outside! Anyway, exciting stuff. I am literally a river of snot today. it's actually quite impressive. at least it's sunny.

I can show you last weeks bump pic jade, it's really not very exciting, I didnt bother this week. Have fun being pampered!

So jealous of your spa day Jade :p enjoy it - think i'm gonna have to start dropping hints to hubby that something like that is just what i need..... hmmmmmmm

enjoy your facial lucy - i'm sure your skin will be fab by dec.
and (i might be wrong but) i think i read somewhere that they measure up your bump from the top of the pubic bone to the top of the uterus to check all is growing properly. (Sorry if I'm completely barking up the wrong tree!!!)

congrats on feeling some very definite movement shifter!

hope all you girls with the cold are starting to feel better too.

does anyone else have backache right now? My poor back has been getting steadily worse over the past few days and just wondered if i should be feeling it this early on....

louiselou they measure you from your pubic bone to top of uterus and eventually it will match up to your number of weeks (they let you off a couple of CM's each way tho). My bump seems to have slowed in its growing this week but i am sure it will make up for it next week! got my scan a week monday il be 21 weeks!! wowsers! remaining in team yellow tho! everyone is saying its going quickly but i feel like it is dragging at the moment!

cant believe you all have colds, i woke up with a sore throat but my breakie and orange juice seems to have sorted that.

Is anyone else still taking prenatal vitamins?!

p.s. been feeling more twitches and bits in the mornings now, few little thuds so i think im getting tuned inti baby movements!

*gone to book a spa day* lol xx

and (i might be wrong but) i think i read somewhere that they measure up your bump from the top of the pubic bone to the top of the uterus to check all is growing properly. (Sorry if I'm completely barking up the wrong tree!!!)

That's right.

does anyone else have backache right now? My poor back has been getting steadily worse over the past few days and just wondered if i should be feeling it this early on....

Everyone's different hun. Are you managing to sleep on your side ok? If I roll onto my back I tend to get back ache due to the nerves that get trapped.

Everyone's different hun. Are you managing to sleep on your side ok? If I roll onto my back I tend to get back ache due to the nerves that get trapped.

yep, i think for the most part i'm sleeping on my side, always did anyway so that part wasn't really a problem (thankfully!!)

I guess i can't really complain tho - i got off pretty lightly on the morning sickness in last tri so something has to hit me hard....

i can't sleep on my side at all. I'll wake up dead one of these mornings. My backs been ok, but then I insisted on anew mattress before TTC. OH thought the only one was comfy till he got the new one which was twice as fat and had no visible springs poking through. He's didn't get out of bed for 3 days...

i can't sleep on my side at all. I'll wake up dead one of these mornings. My backs been ok, but then I insisted on anew mattress before TTC. OH thought the only one was comfy till he got the new one which was twice as fat and had no visible springs poking through. He's didn't get out of bed for 3 days...

not leaving bed for 3 days would have helped with the ttc efforts ;) hehe

bump measuring 18 weeks instead of 16 which mw said was ok.

Hi Claire - what does that mean? I've heard a few people mention that their bumps are measuring a bit out, but how is a bump measured?? Is it the actual bump? Sorry if I'm being really thick, I don't understand! :blush:

HI hunn,

No you are not being thick at all Mw measures from the top of your pubic bone to where the top of your uterus is in cm and your bump should measure in cm the same as you are in weeks, mine was at 18 weeks even though im just 16+5 they let you have 2 cm without having concern me being pg with no 5 its expected to be a little bigger due to all the stretchyness :rofl:, if there is too much discrepancy they will send you for a scan.

claire xx

Im not suffering backache as yet but my bump hurts when i lay down in bed and i cannot get comfy and not slept properly for weeks now :(, was thinking of getting one of those big v pillows and see if that helps anything is worth a try.

Claire xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->