Due March 09 Pregnancy Buddies

yayyy glad every one agrees with me , silly woman in her flashy sports car taking my place.
She certainly hung her head in shame when i started on my moral high ground speech lol.
Im walking round with permenant tissue today Lol , Runny nose arghhhh . Its funny thow as OH says i sound like a Dr who Darleck when im all bunged up lol.
And i have vicks all over me so smell like a menthol shop lol . Hope all u girlies are well ? .
Shimmy i bet your soooooooo excited :) . xxx .

MM Good on you hun for standing your ground!! The spaces ARE there for a reason - not to just make the parking spaces look pretty lol!!

Oooh good luck on your scan Shimmy - I'm finding out TWO WEEKS TODAY - Can't wait!!! :happydance:....

Hope you are all feeling better today girls :hugs:

Liz
xx

I was job-hunting earlier this year and had countless interviews that all resulted in nothing. I've recently come to accept the unhappy truth that if you are 25 (as I was then) and married, people are not going to hire you because they assume you'll be toddling off to have a baby. And fair enough in my case, it was true! But they didn't know that and it is discrimination.

So obviously it's worse when you actually are pregnant. It's awful and there is really nothing you can do about it because you have to prove that the reason you were turned down is your pregnancy.

At least if money is not an issue you can try to reconcile yourself with knowing that you will be starting the most important job in the world in just a few short months :)

That's not to put down your desire for independence, trust me, I'm a raging feminist who gets cross whenever anyone assumes my title is Mrs or my surname is the same as my husband's :hissy: but the simple fact is that once the baby arrives that is going to suck all shred of independence out of your life I'm afraid!!

I know everything will change in a few months but its sooo frustrating not being able to look after myself and work etc. I have decided to look into more courses while im off work with baby so when i do eventually get back to work i can further my career. I missed the one i wanted but will reserve a place on the next one!

just have to wait and see. I have had one interview where they offered me more money than was advertised until i told them i was pregnant and then i heard nothing! Which the job centre are looking into.

anywho, baby is really getting active now, movements are getting really strong and regular! Its sooo cute! 4 sleeps until my scan!!

3 sleeps until i go to the baby show in london to play with all the baby goodies and gadgets! yay! xxx

That's not to put down your desire for independence, trust me, I'm a raging feminist who gets cross whenever anyone assumes my title is Mrs or my surname is the same as my husband's :hissy: but the simple fact is that once the baby arrives that is going to suck all shred of independence out of your life I'm afraid!!

I *hate* that! everyone does it too. The doctors- my driving licence... they all came back as Mrs, and i'd filled out the forms too using my title (which is Dr) so I was a seething ball of rage for months. I did take his last name though, because Dr champion is so much cooler than Dr Foster :dohh: but that doesn't make it ok to call me Mrs J champion because I totally haven't changed my first name :hissy:

Anyway, I have been quite dependant on my OH for various reasons for a while now (it's allowed me to start my little busyness and persue other dreams) but I think that bringing up children is an important thing to do too, even though society seems to reward only monetary success these days. I know my OH would love to be the one to stay at home and look after the baby so maybe it's a bit easier for me.

I *hate* that! everyone does it too. The doctors- my driving licence... they all came back as Mrs, and i'd filled out the forms too using my title (which is Dr) so I was a seething ball of rage for months. I did take his last name though, because Dr champion is so much cooler than Dr Foster :dohh: but that doesn't make it ok to call me Mrs J champion because I totally haven't changed my first name :hissy:

It's such an awful presumption isn't it?! Especially when hubby and I have different surnames, so it isn't actually that obvious. But as soon as you tick the "married" box right away you must be a Mrs. My employment agency did it, all the companies involved in our upcoming move have done it too! I'm a Ms, not a Dr, so it's not like I have qualifications that I earned that aren't being acknowledged, but it still irks me.

Anyway, I have been quite dependant on my OH for various reasons for a while now (it's allowed me to start my little busyness and persue other dreams) but I think that bringing up children is an important thing to do too, even though society seems to reward only monetary success these days. I know my OH would love to be the one to stay at home and look after the baby so maybe it's a bit easier for me.

Yeah, while I've been studying I've mostly worked part time and hubby has been the main wage earner. It's not good enough that parenting isn't recognised as a worthy career. Although I only recently learned just how much the government dish out in benefits, so I see there is a lot more support there than I used to think! But it's still all about money.

Because I'm a temp, when I go on maternity leave I won't have a permanent job to go back to but I may wish to find one and I know now that it will be hard after being out of work for 6-9 months, or however long I decide to take.

but that doesn't make it ok to call me Mrs J champion because I totally haven't changed my first name :hissy:

Ooooooh that is just the WORST! I actually demanded that my MIL have words with some members of her family after I married her son because we got several cards addressed to Mr & Mrs [his full name]! I even got a birthday card addressed to Mrs [his full name]. I refused to open that one! :rofl:

I said, there's no one by that name in this house. I still do that actually, if we get unsolicited calls from home loan companies or whatever, if they ask for Mrs xxx, I tell them they have the wrong number :rofl:

He won't tell his relatives off 'because they are old' and the envelopes are stuffed full of cash and we NEED it. But I did tell his nan and she just won't acknowledge it. Mind you, she calls him Mr as well so I guess she just doesn't like the title Dr :D Probably because we are not 'proper' doctors but mere academic fraudsters that use our titles to gain free upgrades on plane flights

The employment situation is very sad, I don't even think 9 months is a long time off, I think *everyone* should take 9 months off every few years, if not to have a child then to go travelling or live in a cave and gain perspective on life. Then there wouldn't be all this fuss about maternity leave, would there?

It's so sunny and lovely here, I feel so much happier when it is sunny!

Hello girlies!!!
Beancounter Peacocks do some trackie trousers for £6!! I live in mine they are so good for slobbing round the house in!!! I have got a few bits from there actually!! Inc the jeans I have on!!!!

Katie, enjoy the baby show!!! I would love to go to that, we want to hear all about it when you get back!!!
I am starting to mentally make a list of baby bits to get now. I have still got my steriliser from when My DS was born do you guys think it will be ok to use staill?? It's all in its box wrapped up and clean...and been in the loft for a coupla years....???

He won't tell his relatives off 'because they are old' and the envelopes are stuffed full of cash and we NEED it. But I did tell his nan and she just won't acknowledge it. Mind you, she calls him Mr as well so I guess she just doesn't like the title Dr :D Probably because we are not 'proper' doctors but mere academic fraudsters that use our titles to gain free upgrades on plane flights

:dohh:

To be fair, the worst offenders in both our families are the old folks, to whom this whole thing with choice of women's names is very confusing. :dohh:

The employment situation is very sad, I don't even think 9 months is a long time off, I think *everyone* should take 9 months off every few years, if not to have a child then to go travelling or live in a cave and gain perspective on life. Then there wouldn't be all this fuss about maternity leave, would there?

Agreed. One of my colleagues is leaving tomorrow to go to New Zealand for 6 months, as her partner has been offered a job there. Another colleague has been given a three month sabatical to work with AIDS orphans in South Africa. So some employers are very cool. But it should be standard practice, totally agreed.

The working culture we have here is awful. We work longer hours for less holiday than any other country in Europe. The life/work balance is totally wrong in the UK and other life persuits are totally under-valued.

Katie, enjoy the baby show!!! I would love to go to that, we want to hear all about it when you get back!!!
I am starting to mentally make a list of baby bits to get now. I have still got my steriliser from when My DS was born do you guys think it will be ok to use staill?? It's all in its box wrapped up and clean...and been in the loft for a coupla years....???

I'm off to the Baby Show too, on Saturday :happydance::happydance:

I'm sure you can still use your old steriliser hun, just give it a clean when you get it out of the box, even if it looks clean already :)

I have used the same steriliser for 11 yrs for my 3 kids and there is no probs with it hun. I don't have it anymore but I am considering bfing this time so will need one but I am not getting a fancy one. Just a cheap microwave one.

Loads of mums to be on here are going to the baby show. I went to one up here a few years ago and it was boring. When you already have kids you know that most of it is junk you woiuld never use but pay a fortune for lol Enjoy though and make sure you have a good play but leave your purse at home :rofl:

My scan is 4 weeks tomorrow and I am counting the bloody days! I can't wait to find out the colour of the team I will be joing. I am betting that I will be team Blue!! I am so sure it is a boy!

Does anyone else think they know what they are having or want to guess so we can look back at this thread in the future and see if we were right???

I have used the same steriliser for 11 yrs for my 3 kids and there is no probs with it hun. I don't have it anymore but I am considering bfing this time so will need one but I am not getting a fancy one. Just a cheap microwave one.

Yeah, I'm intending to bf too, so will just be getting a small one for the pump and bottles for expressing into :)

Loads of mums to be on here are going to the baby show. I went to one up here a few years ago and it was boring. When you already have kids you know that most of it is junk you woiuld never use but pay a fortune for lol Enjoy though and make sure you have a good play but leave your purse at home :rofl:

It's a strictly recon mission for us :rofl: we want to try out a few prams and just look at everything really. It's more a chance to indulge in being new parents-to-be than a chance to do any actual shopping!

My scan is 4 weeks tomorrow and I am counting the bloody days! I can't wait to find out the colour of the team I will be joing. I am betting that I will be team Blue!! I am so sure it is a boy!

Does anyone else think they know what they are having or want to guess so we can look back at this thread in the future and see if we were right???

I think I'm having a boy too. I would slightly prefer a girl, simply because there are soooo many baby boys in our family at the moment and it would be lovely to have the first girl that the grandparents can spoil :blush:

Will be interesting to look back at that in March and see how I feel when I find out on arrival day!

I think I'm on Team Pink... pretty convinced actually! I'll be stunned if it's a boy! I talk to her as a girl, and have even bought a few girlie outfits for her... :blush:

Whoooooooooooo Shimmy team blue :) , Your joining team blue . I had a feeling blue everyones having blue :) . Welcome to team blue hun .Any names yet ?? .
Hope all of you are well , I too have a microwave steriliser and love it .
OH made me feel special today , Took me to town to pick an outfit for my xmas prezzie and i was worried as well iam getting bigger . They have some great great stretchy type trousers in primark £4 !!!! , I was very happy grabbed 3 pairs . And some nice long tops from International :) . And he went and baught me a suprise from the kids for xmas .. I so hope its the Crepe maker i left MASSIVE hints about Pmsl ...

i have no idea, i thought boy then i thought girl now im back to boy lol

i dont mind either way, as long as baby is happy and healthy, as i am sure we all want!!

cant wait for baby show, mine is merely to test prams out, get ideas of what i want, i am taking OH's bank card tho... he said i can have whatever i want :D (anything for a quiet life lol)

Baby is going crazy this evening, dont think it liked the apple i just ate or it wants more lol

xxx

Sorry Shimmy - didn't see your post, we must have clicked reply at the same time! Congratulations on your blue bump! Did you get to see lots on the scan? :)

Thanks guys.xxx
They were so good at the scan, I was in there for half an hour and a bit more! Everything was looking great.
Mummymadness I must have missed your team blue announcement, when did you have your scan?
Congratulations.
:happydance:
Names, I am quite unsure at the moment.
Any suggestions that go nicely with my other 2 kids names. Molly and Harrison would be greatly appreciated.
xxx
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back