Due Sept 2017

Good luck Tess!

I think Valentine might have an egg allergy. We gave her an egg for dinner last week and she woke up a few hours later vomiting everywhere. I really hope it was a fluke but I think we're avoiding eggs until we see her doctor. Ugh.

I’m sorry Mrs K. I’ll keep my fingers crossed it was a coincidence.

Uh oh! That’s not good! I really hope it’s just been a coincidence as it would be a shame for her to miss out on the delight of eggs lol! X

I hope everyone’s well!
I can’t believe I’m almost 6 months into this pregnancy, this one has FLOWN by so far. I feel unbelievably tired and the size and weight of my bump is starting to prove quite a challenge with a baby who’s on the move. Layla is almost walking too, boy am I going to have my hands full!

We have chosen our girls names also:

Esmae Grace (Grace being after OH’s grandmother)

& Alexia Florence (Florence is a family name)

Now for the next 3 and a bit months to get through!

Do we have any other :bfp:
‘s ?

Wow! I can't believe you're 6 months pregnant with twins right now!!

I was actually just saying that Chloe is almost the age Nora was when Chloe was born. I can't imagine adding another newborn into the mix right now! No lie - it's going to be insanity for a while. Buckle up, girl!

That said, now that we're on the other side of the infant age and starting to gain some independence, it's been absolutely worth it. I love that my girls are so close in age. It's going to be amazing as they grow together. The only thing I don't like is that, because of their birth dates, they're slated to be in the same grade. I really want to give them their own space for that. So as long as we feel like Nora is ready I think I'm going to try to petition the schools to let us put her in the year before. She misses the cut-off date by literally 4 days.

Beautiful names! Is Esmae pronounced Ez-may?

Wow, sounds like things are going great! I love the names! Three kids under one sounds terrifying, though :haha:

What's everyone up to? Valentine is a busy bee. She's not crawling but that doesn't stop her. She's such a fun little baby, she's always in a good mood. She's been mostly sleeping through and in her own bed again since early May, which has been great.

I can't imagine - two kinds under one was a trip! But time flies so quickly and before you know it you'll be in a routine. Life tends to move forward like that, haha.

Chicago! I'm kind of glad to hear that V isn't crawling yet. Chloe is so so close - but she hasn't quite figured it out. Just recently she did work out how to push backwards and scoot around, though. So I suppose she's technically mobile.. just can't move forward. haha. Anyway, 9.5 months old now so all the charts say she should be crawling now.. but as we've discussed before she and V are, gestationally speaking, the same age - so it's good to hear she's on track with other babies and not "behind".

(yes I know that babies develop at their own pace but it's hard not to compare sometimes!)

Anyway, the babies are doing great. Chloe is the happiest baby you ever did meet and I FINALLY caught a glimpse of a top tooth getting ready to poke through so that's exciting. Nora is 19 months now and is starting to turn into a full on toddler. re: I want milk. Can I have some milk, please. Cue huge meltdown when I offer her some milk. I mean, what was I thinking??

She's fun and sweet and thoughtful as well. Just toddlers, man; such big emotions! We're in the home stretch of her adoption though which is amazing. There's a possibility it could even be this month!

Layla will be 13 months when the twins arrive, but yes I have no doubt it’ll be extremely hectic and i’d have probably gone insane by Christmas :haha: no all jokes aside. I’ve alwahs wanted a big family (4 children) and I don’t mind them close together at all. I like the fact that playing together will be more fun if they’re similar ages, things like being in the same schools, and obviously the whole re using baby clothes is handy too!

Everyone sounds like they’re having a fun time. Yes sava it’s pronounced ezmay. Apparently the spelling Esme can be pronounced the same way if you add é to the end? So Esmé=Esmae.. however if I see Esmé I automatically think ez-mee so we went with Esmae to avoid confusion hopefully :haha:

I brain goes Esme = "Ez-me", too. I think the way you're spelling it will lead people to the pronunciation you're looking for.

Here's a fun game - Now that we all know our babies, what other names do you think could've fit them? Chloe's other front runner was Callie, and I'm SO glad we didn't go with Callie. Still love the name but it's not her. A name we considered but honestly didn't spend all too much time on was Hannah, and I think she definitely could've been a Hannah. It would be so much easier to name babies after you know them a bit!

I bet having them so close will be great when they're old enough to play together. I know Teddy wishes Val could do more with him.

I can't imagine a different name for Valentine. She's just always been Valentine, there were so other contenders. I think we made a good call on her middle name, though. She's not the delicate flower that Helena or Cecilia would fit, she's definitely more of a Ramona.

Val is saying mama! Teddy's first word was kitty and he took forever to say mama, so this is really exciting! I've been watching for about a week and it seems like she really means it and isn't just babbling. She's getting good at army crawling but can't lift herself up yet for a regular crawl. She's good at supported standing but she still hasn't figured out sitting herself up without help or pulling up to standing.

How's everybody else doing?

Val is saying mama! Teddy's first word was kitty and he took forever to say mama, so this is really exciting! I've been watching for about a week and it seems like she really means it and isn't just babbling. She's getting good at army crawling but can't lift herself up yet for a regular crawl. She's good at supported standing but she still hasn't figured out sitting herself up without help or pulling up to standing.

How's everybody else doing?

Wow that’s fab she’s speaking! Go Val! Is she still big for her age?

Omg I can’t beloeve you are just about to have twins lol! Best of luck. I defo couldn’t have another right now. Zack is such a mummy’s boy it’s ridiculous. I can hardly even put him down without him just following me about the house crying until I pick him up again. He really wouldn’t cope well with having to share me with another baby so we’ve put NTNP on hold for now. I’m actually a bit worried that hubby has been put off the isea of another baby completely because Zack has been quite a difficult baby.

Zack has started saying ‘mum mum mum’ but it’s only when he’s upset so either he’s calling out for me when he’s said or it’s just babbling and it’s a coincidence that it sounds like mum. He is super fast at crawling and he is walking around all the furniture constantly. He’s let go a few times and can balance himself but only for a couple of seconds and then he goes back down to crawling. I think he’ll be walking in the next month or so. I can’t believe how quickly they’ve all grown up!

I also went back to work last month and both me and Zack are finding it hard getting used to it. Bills need to be paid though so I suppose we’ll both just need to learn to live with it! X

She's not saying mama much anymore so maybe it was just babbling, but I'm telling myself it was real ;). She's still a big girl, wearing 18m now, and most of it is torso so she's top heavy.

She's pulling up now and gets really mad if she's not standing. She's not stable enough to stand without holding on and hasn't quite figured out cruising but I think we'll get there soon. Teddy's toys are really motivating. She also has about 1/4 of a tooth! She's a few months ahead of when Teddy got teeth and I figured she'd get them late too but I guess not.

It sounds like Zack is doing great! Almost walking, eek!

She's not saying mama much anymore so maybe it was just babbling, but I'm telling myself it was real ;). She's still a big girl, wearing 18m now, and most of it is torso so she's top heavy.

She's pulling up now and gets really mad if she's not standing. She's not stable enough to stand without holding on and hasn't quite figured out cruising but I think we'll get there soon. Teddy's toys are really motivating. She also has about 1/4 of a tooth! She's a few months ahead of when Teddy got teeth and I figured she'd get them late too but I guess not.

It sounds like Zack is doing great! Almost walking, eek!

18 month clothes?! Wow haha! Zack has only just gone into 9-12 months clothes. I think he’s just pretty much average size for his age. Lucy was always the same.

Oh my is that her first tooth coming in?! Zack has 6 already lol! Crazy how things can vary from baby to baby. How is she coping with the pain of teething?

Zack officially took his first couple of steps yesterday!!! 9 months and 1 week old. I keep saying to my husband no wonder I am forever broody, my babies don’t like to stay babies for long at all haha! Lucy was 8 months old when she started walking but I know that’s really early so I was expecting Zack to maybe be nearer the year mark as everyone keeps telling me boy are so much slower at learning things than girls but he really hasn’t been far behind her at all with everything.

I’ve been feeling reeeeeeeeeally broody the past few weeks! Need to try and suppress it though as we have so much coming up in the next year so right now really isn’t the time for another but I know for definite that I’m not finished yet x

Walking?! Oh boy... Val's just started cruising since I last commented and I can't leave her anywhere now. I'm scared of walking, our house is just full of 3 year old toys.

This is her first tooth, it's about 1/4 of the way through I think, but if I try to look she hides it under her tongue. The second isn't breaking through yet as far as I can tell. She hasn't been too miserable with it but her night sleep has sucked lately. Could be teeth, could be Leap 7, could be the 9 month sleep regression, who knows?

Hey ladies hope you’re all well! So good to hear of all our September ‘17 babies almost walking it’s crazy isn’t it?! Layla is walking and is absolutely everywhere!!! She has a mouth full of 8 pearly whites too. I have just 45 days left until my c section - I’m so nervous. I’m more nervous about having a section then having twins if I’m honest but there’s nothing I can do, they have to come out! We’re totally ready now :) I’m so shocked there haven’t been any further surprise :baby: in this thread actually. I’m obviously the crazy one :nope: lol.

Chicago I can’t believe Vals in 18m clothes that’s crazy she must be a chunk bless her, big healthy babe.

Sava I think Scarlett still suits Layla and that was a runner up but we also had Ava for a while when I was pregnant with Layla and she doesn’t suit that what so ever. We’ve changed our minds a million times with the twins. One is definitely still Esmae but we just can’t settle on baby b’s name :(

X

Well, I forgot to check ingredients yesterday and Valentine had another reaction to egg, so I think it's safe to say she has an allergy. We'll have to go through a bunch of red tape to get it diagnosed but I'm going to be much more vigilant about egg from now on.

Chicago - What kind of reaction do you notice? I've often wondered how I would know if one of my kiddos had an allergy

With Val it's vomiting a couple hours after she eats egg. Dr Google says it's probably a kind of allergy called FPIES, which acts a little differently from the food allergies you usually hear about. A severe reaction can lead to shock but it isn't anaphylactic. Typically you'd want to keep an eye out for breathing problems, rash, vomiting, failure to gain weight, or diarrhea for food allergies. And once they're talking, listen for any unusual complaints - Teddy says kiwi is spicy so we don't feed it to him (I'm similar with fresh pineapple, but I'm not sure if it's allergy or just the acid with either of us).

Latest shenanigans:

Actually running cars back and forth on the floor when she plays with them! Her brother taught her that one.

High fiving!

Beelining out of the living room every time the gate is open.

Lightly leaning on things while standing instead of holding on.

Worming away and sitting up in bed and grinning when I'm trying to nurse her to sleep.

And apparently thinks she's a doggo.

What are all the other babies up to?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1535129495422.jpg
    FB_IMG_1535129495422.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members