Due Sept 2017

That's awesome, Tess! I hope it sticks!

Valentine has been waking four or five times a night recently, I think. I haven't really been counting and it's not really consistent. Last night was her second night in the Pack N Play, though, and she did really well! She slept about six hours in the PNP and after nursing once she went right back to sleep until we got up a few hours later. Hopefully once she's adjusted she enjoys the extra room.

Valentine has been waking four or five times a night recently, I think. I haven't really been counting and it's not really consistent. Last night was her second night in the Pack N Play, though, and she did really well! She slept about six hours in the PNP and after nursing once she went right back to sleep until we got up a few hours later. Hopefully once she's adjusted she enjoys the extra room.

Yeh fingers crossed it makes a difference! Little sleep with a baby is hard enough but also having toddler to run about after is exhausting lol x

Yeh fingers crossed it makes a difference! Little sleep with a baby is hard enough but also having toddler to run about after is exhausting lol x

So after going from sleeping to not sleeping to sleeping... Zack is once again not sleeping 😭 it’s only been 2 nights but it’s driving me crazy. Past 2 nights he has been awake for 2 hours in the night between roughly 3 and 5. He isn’t awake for any particular reason. He doesn’t want a feed because I’ve tried giving him it n he just takes a little then pushes it away. He doesn’t even cry that much but instead just does a constant little moaning noises it’s like he thinks it’s morning n it takes him 2 hours to decide to go back to sleep 😭 don’t know what to do with him x

My baby is 5 months old today! Where did the time go???

How are all the babies? Val is not quite rolling, not quite sitting, probably because she's so big - there's a lot of her to coordinate. :haha: She's such a happy girl, though, we have a lot of fun with her. We should be starting solids in about a month, I'm looking forward to it!

Chicago - when was your due date again. It cracks me up how much "older" Chloe is than V.. even though I think gestationally speaking they're pretty close.

Chloe's not quite sitting too. I sort of think she's on the other side of the spectrum in that she's so long and lean that she can't hold herself up! She's getting close.. but not quite. Same with rolling - she can roll up onto her side, but hasn't mastered the down flop yet. haha

She's such a happy baby. It's bizarre how happy she is all the time. We offer her purees somewhat regularly now. Some days she'll eat half a bottle and others she wants absolutely nothing to do with them. A babe that knows what she wants!

She's had a bit of a cough since basically December that I would love to see go away, but other than that we've so far survived the winter sick season relatively unscathed. Fx we get through these next few months and then we can all open our doors and windows to get some fresh air in. These January - April months are the hardest for me.. I'm ready for May to roll in!

She was due September 5. I guess she just likes to take her time ;)

We're in the same exact rolling situation, she gets so close and just can't get the shoulders twisted.

I am SO ready for winter to be done! I'm not a germophobe at all, usually I'm the exact opposite, but this flu season has me worried. We have such cabin fever and poor Teddy really needs to get out and play. I think we're just going to have to gamble a little so I don't get eaten alive.

I took a photo of her next to a newborn sleeper. It's hard to believe this was ever too big for her.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1519242627698.jpg
    FB_IMG_1519242627698.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1
I know crazy how time flies... just about five months here too. He rolled a few times last week but not since. Doesn’t seem all that interested in trying to move himself around. Funny how different they can be, my first was crawling at 5.5 months but that won’t happen for this one for quite a long time still. At this rate we won’t be starting solids for awhile, not sure he will be sitting up unaided by 6 months. We’ll see. Omg, I can’t even stand how much I love him. He’s so sweet, so happy. Laughs and smiles all the time. Polar opposite from my first. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a love bug too, just more demanding and not as easy going as this baby. Thank god though, because if I had another colicky baby on top of a spirited toddler I’d probably be pulling my hair out. Balancing the two is hard enough.

We are away skiing now. Geesh, schleping all the equipment, carrying the baby and taking turns teaching our toddler to ski, is infinitely more challenging than any double black ive ever skied. But its fun and worth it and I’m glad we did it.

So glad to hear the babies are doing good 😊 awww Chicago she’s gorgeous! She is a big girl eh haha!

Zack is 5 months on the 29th and he has been sitting up unaided for 3 weeks now. He still has his wobbles but he’s really good at it. No rolling yet though. Same with u ladies, gets onto his side then doesn’t know what to do lol.

Oh that sounds fun ging! We have a family holiday in the sun coming up in May. Can’t wait. See I have the opposite this time. My first was so easy going and independent whereas although Zack is a really happy baby, he is very clingy so he is only really happy if I am near by lol. He also doesn’t like someone else holding him if I am in the room and he can see me. He will just look at me crying until I go and take him then he instantly stops. It’s really demanding. We are still struggling with night time sleeping too which is hard! He is in his own room now because he outgrew his crib and his big cot doesn’t fit in my room so last night I ran back and forward to his room about 8 times through the night to give him his dummy and eventually I had to give him a bottle. I try not to feed him if I can help it because sometimes I can settle him without it and I don’t want him being reliant on it when he slept right through from 7-18 weeks without a night time bottle but sometimes I just have no option x

That's right - Chloe was due 9/3, but she got antsy and arrived August 15th. haha

Hey ladies :) hope you’re all well? Any more baby beans on the way?!
Forgotten to post for some time!!!

Layla is just gone 6 months now and doing amazing! She’s such a happy little thing. Sitting up, eating basically everything (everything healthy anyway) just started little bits of finger food and trying to pull herself up on things already.

I’m in the process of trying to convince my partner for #2 as I’ve always wanted them close in age but it isn’t working so far :nope:

I also agree on wanting winter to be over I am soooo done with the cold! I can’t wait for family days out in the sun. We also just bookend our summer holiday to the south of France for June so I can’t wait for that either! Any other holidays booked?

Sounds like things are going well! Good luck with talking your partner into another.

No sitting or solids here, she's not even rolling. But she's really proficient at farting, pterodactyl noises, and wooing random strangers.

We just had a big developmental leap in our house! (accompanied by the most difficult sleep regression to date.. but it was worth it for the leap)

Chloe started laughing last weekend (amazing), can roll from belly to back (not consistently, but she's done it enough times that I feel it's appropriate to say she can. And when you put her on her belly she's definitely concentrating/trying to figure out what it was that made her be able to do it last time. Babies working out problems --> adorable), and has made noticeable strides toward sitting up. She still can't fully sit up on her own, but she now can sit stronger, if that makes sense. I think we'll get the full sit up sometime in the next month or so.

Hahaha Chicago I love it 😂

Best of luck bump! Hope you can talk him into it soon. I always wanted a small age gap but due to booking our wedding wtf we ended up with a 3 year gap n to be honest it is fantastic. Lucy is such a massive help with her baby brother and she is so protective over him. I absolutely love watching her with him. No jealousy what so ever.

Oh that’s great Sav. Has Chloe gone back to sleeping all night now then? How long did it last? Im pulling my hair out with zacks sleeping habits. I never know what I’m getting from 1 night to the next. 1 night he will sleep 12 hours solid, another night he will wake a couple of times a night with only a feed that will settle him and then another night he will wake up every hour looking for his dummy to settle him. It’s driving me insane lol...

Oh the snow storm here right now is crazy. I’m in Scotland and literally everything has come to a stand still! Everything is closed and we haven’t been able to cross the door for 3 days now. Serious cabin fever setting in... x

Hey ladies! How are all the babies? We finally made some progress ;). Val is sitting for short periods and sitting supported for long stretches, she finally rolled over a couple times on her half birthday, and she started sleeping again about a week and a half ago, and just coming into bed with me for an hour or two before Teddy wakes us up. She refused to sleep alone last night but I'm hoping it was a fluke. We started Babyled Weaning yesterday at dinner and after several minutes of suspicion and curiosity she finally tried a garlicky wax bean and loved it. She wasn't convinced on carrots, or maybe she just accidentally dropped them. She's getting so big, she's mostly in 12 and 18 month clothes depending on brand and she's so close to outgrowing her car seat.

Any new baby news? Is anybody mobile yet? I'm dreading crawling with Teddy's toys everywhere.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1521821116373.jpg
    FB_IMG_1521821116373.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 3
  • FB_IMG_1521821128109.jpg
    FB_IMG_1521821128109.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 3
Great update Chicago! Baby boy is sitting up unaided as well so we just started baby led weaning this week as well. He hasn’t tried to chew/swallow/or move any food around his mouth but he is having a blast licking and tasting everything. He thinks it’s hysterical! So fun! My first gagged a lot at the beginning which I’m not looking forward to, but this one seems more cautious and less eager so maybe it will go a bit smoother. Can’t believe he is 6 months old already! Time is flying!

Lovely to hear from you ladies 😊 sounds like the babies are all coming along a treat! Oh wow Chicago 12 and 18 month clothes?! She is a big girl huh haha!

Zack is sitting up on his own no problem now and keeps rolling over but I keep missing it lol 🙈 I’ll change his nappy then leave the room to get his bottle or something so I just leave him on the floor and when I come back he’s on his tummy! He won’t do it while I’m watching him though he is a little pest lol. He is also on 3 meals a day now and loves his food so is starting to go off of his milk a bit. I’m still trying my best to give him as much as I can though. He is sleeping soooo much better too thank god! He will wake once/twice a night sometimes just for his dummy so I’m only up with him for like a minute which I don’t mind at all as he goes straight back to sleep when I put his dummy in.

No new baby news here but I’m starting to feel really broody 🙈 my husband is 100% against the idea of a third baby but I just can’t shake the feeling. I just really don’t feel like Zack is my last baby. He can’t be. I’m not ready yet lol 🙈 x

Well we are now back in the wonderful world of no sleep. I’m totally demented with it 😭 our of no where for the past week zack has been up through the night about 4/5 times looking for his dummy and I’m also having to give him a bottle at around 3am because by that time he’s got himself so worked up that nothing else will settle him. I really don’t know what to do 😭 I’m back at work soon and I work 10 hour shifts so I know I’m really going to struggle doing that if he is still getting up through the night! Please help me lol 🙈 x

Oh Tess.. sorry to hear you're struggling with this. The no sleep aspect is so so difficult. No real advice, as I'm sure you're doing everything you can. I have one good sleeper and one (used to be) bad sleeper. We're, knock on wood, finally getting to a place where our bad sleeper is sleeping through the night/only waking once for a quick pacifier more nights than not - but it took a long time for us to get there. After months of trying different and new strategies, my only real advice is to hang in there and he'll sleep eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->