Due Sept 2017

But what about telling work? I am thinking around 12 weeks?

I was actually considering telling my direct supervisor next week. For some reason my RE has me coming in for weekly ultrasounds and I work an hour away from the office. So, each appointment is 3 hours away from work. I was considering letting him know that I'm very early and have a history of complications. Haven't decided if I will or not. This somewhat depends on whether they want another ultrasound next week or if we can wait until 7 weeks.

Savasanna i can understand why you would want to tell your work sooner cause it will be hard to explain needing all that time

Mrs. H i think that is a reasonable time to tell them

Yea, I think most people tell around the 12 week mark. I work relatively closely with my direct supervisor so I'd be more comfortable telling him earlier. I actually told him back in October when we were starting to work with our RE, for the same reason. If it weren't for that one thing, I'd wait until 12 weeks, too.

:hi: can I join please? :flower:
I'm preggo with No3 due 1st Sept 2017 - I'm always late so probably won't arrive until 14th haha! I'm feeling pretty damn rough tbh - so sick and nauseas and already had a migraine :dohh: it's making me think this is :pink:
Talking of genders will anyone find out? I'll be staying on team :yellow: always have done! Love the excitement and incentive to push and that final little surprise!!
I worry I'm getting carried away already I know so much can go wrong but I'm already excited and thinking is far ahead :dohh:

I'm not going to "Facebook" announce until after my anatomy scan at 20/40. I'll tell my friends and family after 12/40. Only my husband and my best friend know.....it hard especially as so sick. Where I work it's difficult for people not to notice.... :wacko: but I'll again let them know after the 12/40 scan.....exciting to share this journey with you girls :hugs:

Welcome jaijai i added you to list and i will be finding out my husband loves that part we always bet on outcome lol

My first scan was booked today for feb 10. That's so far away!

We will find out gender at 20 weeks.

It's so hard not to get excited 😉

I was concerned about when to let the job know as well. I sit all day so I'm pretty sure I can work right up until the end. As for family and friends I think I want to wait until 12 weeks I need to be strong because I'm so excited it's kind of hard to hide

We'll definitely be finding out ASAP. I found it was great for bonding with my son. I loved being able to think of him by name, and get my clothing shopping done. My instinct was totally wrong, too, so I was glad to not have that surprise at birth. It only gives us one set of names to argue over, too ;). I'd find out now if I could.

I was able to have my first appointment and u/s at 8 weeks with my first two pregnancies but when I called on this one they said they like to wait 9-12! Who would want to wait 3 months?! I booked it the soonest I could. I hate the waiting game. There's another hospital pretty much the same distance away that will see you at 6 weeks but ive delivered my first two at this one and had a good experience so I'm just going to try to be patient.

Oh my i couldnt imagine waiting till 12! I hope when i vall my doc they dont say that was always able to do 8 weeks but that was like 3 years ago for me

I am in Canada and since this is number 4 and everything is ok there is no need for one early. I am so excited, it's going to be hard to keep my mouth quiet at work and stuff. I'm going to try my best though.

Cautiously watching! Only found out a week ago and have had bleeding but it's stopping slowly!
Id be due mid September!
Excited to see everyone's stories x

Yea.. 10 weeks is pretty standard where I live unless you're seeing an RE. I would imagine 10 weeks (ish) is going to be when I "graduate" from my clinic.

We'll ABSOLUTELY be finding out the gender. There's no way I could hold out on that.

I've told my friend and my sister (and obviously my husband) but I'm holding off on telling work and everyone else until at least 12 weeks unless things look really good on my u/s on the 30th. It's not necessarily something I'm really looking forward to telling people this time.. especially work, because this will basically be my 3rd pregnancy in 3 years and it was not planned and I feel a bit guilty. I don't think anyone will respond negatively, and I'm in the US so it's not like I'm going to be paid for the time I need to take off form work and I can only take 12 weeks max, I just don't want to have that conversation until I'm sure it's necessary! It's been hard to keep it a secret with my morning sickness, Ive been eating crackers constantly, I feel like everyone knows, but I think it's just in my head. Praying that no one asks me because I don't want to lie to people. What would you do if someone asked you directly?

Polly - Welcome! Hope your bleeding stops and you can join the party!

Ice - Do you mean if they see you not drinking? That's a tough one. I'm a casual drinker (in that, it would be noticeable if I skip a beer at a social event with friends) so I've had this thought before. There's the go to excuses "I'm not feeling well today..." "I'm on a diet..." but those would maybe only work once or twice. My plan is to avoid social hangs with the friends I haven't told until we're at a point where I'm ok telling them. As I said, I already told my super close friends so they're excited to hand me a glass of water instead. :)

I have zero symptoms so far, except for maybe being a little extra tired in the mornings/evenings. I kind of wish I'd get some morning sickness already!!

When I was pregnant with my first I was at a wedding drinking appletizer from a wine glass. Did the job!

I'm 5 +3 today and got a 3+ on a clearblue digi last night. I'm hoping that's a good sign, as my last MMC never got passed 6 weeks. No symptoms though, except hot flushes that have disappeared, so trying not to enter panic mode. I have a private scan on the 21st when I'll be 7 +5. I couldn't face waiting until 12 weeks! Hope you ladies and babies are keeping well.

Polly welcome so sorry about all the bleeding hopefully that stops soon i will add you to the list whenever you feel comfortable

Savasanna i have not symptoms except sore breast and being tired thats it

Superfrizbee i want to take one of those so bad if i see one next time im out gonna snatch it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->