Early Third Trimester Thread!

I'm the same with baby showers. I felt so weird about my baby shower with my son. I just don't like all the attention being on me, plus I felt awful registering for things that I knew others were going to be buying for us. It was more for my mom/MIL than it was for us, I think.
I've been thinking about trying RLT. I figured it can't do any harm, and I'm excited about the idea of my next labor being fast and easy! Though I can't really complain about my first, as it was only 12 hours from start to finish. Definitely worth a try! Where do you ladies get it?

I bought mine on Amazon, I got a 6 pack of 16 each for $20 Which I thought was a really good deal since the individual boxes are priced anywhere from $4-$6 a piece depending on where you get, it I bought the yogi brand tea

I was due my 2nd on 4th dec 2012
By scan im due 3rd dec this time - hoping and praying he aint born thr day before her birthday haha

6 days to go til I'm officially in the 3rd tri! I'm excited.

The baby feels like he's putting a lot of pressure on my bladder. It's so uncomfortable. Anyone else got this or had this at 26 weeks?

Well I officially failed my glucose test as well, so don't feel bad, those of you who also failed. I was fully expecting it though, since I just had GD with my son and didn't expect it to change! Now to start the fun of testing every morning and after every meal!

Well I officially failed my glucose test as well, so don't feel bad, those of you who also failed. I was fully expecting it though, since I just had GD with my son and didn't expect it to change! Now to start the fun of testing every morning and after every meal!

Bummer, but atleast you were expecting it and know what to expect with it! DH keeps telling me we are having a carb party after this baby is born :haha: he's awesome!

No kidding! After my son was born, my husband brought me delicious pasta in the hospital! Unfortunately, it seems like I only really feel like eating carbs during pregnancy.

6 days to go til I'm officially in the 3rd tri! I'm excited.

The baby feels like he's putting a lot of pressure on my bladder. It's so uncomfortable. Anyone else got this or had this at 26 weeks?

Ive had a lot pressure this time around

So sorry that you failed the glucose test. :hugs: Tomorrow I'm going to take my 3 hr glucose test. Can you explain me how to deal with GD, what I need to do if I don't pass the glucose test? :shrug:

Hi everyone..love this thread : ) I have my 3hr glucose test this Thursday eehh... nervous about it being positive..they seem to think it's likely for me because my BMI is on the higher-end, but us bigger ladies always seem to get the judgement during pregnancy..I avoided it all last time..maybe I can still avoid it?

I had the three hour glucose today (wow! There is a rash of us failing the one hour!). Still waiting on my results, so probably won't hear until tomorrow morning. Talk about feeling weird after though...I could have easily slept all day and have zero concentration.

So sorry that you failed the glucose test. :hugs: Tomorrow I'm going to take my 3 hr glucose test. Can you explain me how to deal with GD, what I need to do if I don't pass the glucose test? :shrug:

I would just research as much as possible to see what you feel comfortable with...I personally handle mine with a very low carb diet but of course a lot of doctors disagree with that...my feelings on it are doctors are rarely going to look at things from a more holistic point of view and I think about things like not too long ago we were told things like butter/eggs etc are bad for us when now we know it's not true, anyhow that's just my opinion but you have to do what you feel most comfortable with ;)

Hi everyone..love this thread : ) I have my 3hr glucose test this Thursday eehh... nervous about it being positive..they seem to think it's likely for me because my BMI is on the higher-end, but us bigger ladies always seem to get the judgement during pregnancy..I avoided it all last time..maybe I can still avoid it?

I've always been slightly overweight but not overly heavy, I passed with flying colors my first two pregnancies, I have it this time but I'm also "much older" after 30 your risk for GD gos up and for me that was the only difference.

Maries_s, that all depends. You and your doctor will determine a specific course of action, depending on how well your numbers are controlled by diet. They will outline a plan specific to you, but it will definitely include lowering the amount of carbs you eat and balancing them with protein, as well as adding some snacks in during the day. If for whatever reason your fasting numbers are still high, they may recommend either an oral medication (which I had to take last time) or insulin. As well as a diet change, you can expect a bit more monitoring with extra growth/fluid scans, non-stress tests (where they strap a monitor to your belly and track baby's heart rate while you push a button everytime he/she moves), and biophysical profiles (an ultrasound where they look for things like practice breathing, etc). And keep in mind that you don't have to have any of this intervention, I'm just letting you know what your doctor might bring up to you. Good luck with your test!!

Myfavsurprise, my doctor seems to thunk it actually has more to do with genetics than with bmi. My bmi is low normal and I've gotten GD both pregnancies. I'm guessing if you avoided it before, you can avoid it again! Best of luck!

So I actually bit the bullet and decided to wash and put away all of her newborn clothes tonight. I know I said I was waiting, but I was looking around at all the things I still needed to do and I started to get anxious! I will probably be induced around 39 weeks again this pregnancy, which means less than ten weeks to go. And with a toddler it is so hard to get things done! So I think I'm going to try and do things as the thought occurs to do them. That way when I'm near the end, the only things I really have to do are keep the house clean and take care of my little monkey.

Ohh how interesting, I had no idea it had more to do with age and genetics.. I doubt my birth mother had it, well, if she did she didn't get any care for it but that's all I know. My midwife hasn't mentioned my weight but the nutritionist was all over it, as is her job, and made sure to tell me all of what I'm more likely to deal with while being pregnant and heavy. I gained 100lbs with my first son, though I'd been heavier before and genetically predisposed, I started the pregnancy at a perfect weight for my height.

I figure if I can gain so much weight in 9 months and survive everything, then I should be able to get through this time unscathed heh..certainly not gaining another 100lbs!! What a mistake that was.. lol

Got the results for my 3 hour glucose back. Failed by a large margin, so I meet with a diabetic counselor right away in the morning. I was also informed that I'll now get growth scans at every other appointment, and possible induction at 36 weeks.

I was borderline GD with both prior pregnancies, meaning I had one high number out of four readings during the 3 hour test (it was the first 1 hour reading both times) I was able to manage my levels through a balanced diet (mostly cutting out sweet carbs) and babies were 8 lbs 15 oz and 8 lbs 12 oz. This time around I've passed my 3 hour test but it was early on, I decided to self monitor at home testing my fasting and levels 2 hours after meals. I've noticed that I will be over 120 if I don't watch what I'm eating (especially a small blizzard from DQ, that will always mess up my numbers, so I'm skipping them now :() my fasting numbers are usually between 80 and 90 but will be higher if I haven't slept well or had stress during the night (like last night we had severe thunderstorms and flooding, I hardly slept at all and woke up with a reading at 95)

What I usually tell ladies when they find out about GD is not to be to worried, and don't guilt yourself (easier said than done) Even severe GD is very manageable when you work with your doctor and nutritionist and it's sooo much better to know and monitor than to not now and have out of control levels (that's where the real risk is) As a silver lining, you do get more scans and more closely watched at the end and I found that a real reassurance.

Sorry, mrs_sasquatch! It's good that you know you have it now, though. It's really pretty easy to manage. When I was diagnosed the first time, I was told the same thing: growth scans, extra monitoring, and possible early induction. I ended up being induced at 39 weeks because I was getting so anxious about all the non-stress tests and biophysical profiles. This time, I have no idea how it will happen. I'll be 39 weeks the week of Thanksgiving. We'll see!

Got the results for my 3 hour glucose back. Failed by a large margin, so I meet with a diabetic counselor right away in the morning. I was also informed that I'll now get growth scans at every other appointment, and possible induction at 36 weeks.
Just remember you are the one that gets to make the final call! They wanted to do monthly growth scans on me too, I refused for multiple reasons but one of them was because I didn't want to be 'labeled' and be at a higher risk for induction, the growth scans are not very accurate and as long as your numbers/weight gain are under control whether that's through medicine or diet, there's really no need for intervention ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->