Early Third Trimester Thread!

29 weeks today for me! 8 weeks until full term, 10 weeks until the point I was induced with my son, and 11 weeks until due date! It's kind of starting to feel real. Yikes!

Yay happy 29 weeks

Eeek 34 weeks today :)

happy 29 and 34 weeks :flower:

Ive started to take magnesium tablets daily to help with the craps, and i purchased a hot water bottle the other day and rested my legs on it whilst in bed...it made a big difference. I remember suffering with it a lot in my previous pregnancies too. x

Well, I failed the one hour glucose with a blood sugar reading of 165. Ugh. I've been out of town for a few days, and had the shower while I was away. It was...overwhelming. actually, exhausting, but the generosity of friends and family was amazing. Now her room is getting very full!

Sorry to hear about the GD test :hugs:

The baby shower sounds lovely we do not have them over here in the UK :nope: sure would make it a little cheaper :haha:

It definitely helps with expenses. It was really uncomfortable though....I didn't really enjoy it. Hard to be the center of attention and I'm really emotional so I was trying not to cry when opening gifts, and as a result, kind of feel like I was not appropriately grateful.

:hugs: Sorry about the GD test, MrsSasquatch!

I'm the same way with baby showers, and that's why I opted out of having one this go-round, even though I've had a couple people offer to throw one for me. We had one for the first baby, but it made me feel super self conscious and uncomfortable, so I've turned down all offers for the last 2 babies. They are extremely helpful financially, but I've found that people love to give new babies/new parents things anyway... "Parker" got loads of stuff for his first Christmas, and he was only 3 weeks old. :haha: And a lot of people are all too eager to give away their baby stuff that they don't need anymore, so I've been happily taking hand-me-downs and the spare diapers and such this time.

Guess in the UK you get gifts once baby arrives but it is generally cuddly toys or clothing not the essential stuff like nappies etc that I guess you get at baby showers :shrug:

I had a shower for my DS and also felt very, very uncomfortable. I don't like asking people for anything. My mom commented the other day that I have purchased everything that I need and haven't left anything for others to buy for this lo. I explained that I didn't like relying on others, as well as I like to feel super prepared and if they absolutely felt the need to buy something diapers or clothes of larger sizes are always appreciated but not expected.

Is anyone else planning on or already drinking red raspberry leaf tea? I just ordered some from Amazon, lots of great reviews from moms saying their labor was quick, they bled less and uterus went back down to size much quicker, on another note that I didn't know before it's also great for nursing! I'm 32 weeks and plan on drinking a cup and upping it by one cup for each week until I hit 36 week at which point I'll just continue to drink 4 cups a day...plus the midwives don't think I'll make it past 37 weeks...also I read drinking a very potent cup once labor starts is supposed to be really beneficial so as soon as I feel like I might be starting the first thing I'm going to do is have dh start steeping 3 bags in a cup for me for at least 20 minutes.

I have a cup a day and have dome since beginning of 3rd tri I drank it with my son too and tbh I don't.think I bled much and my uterus went down very quickly! Guess I had a fairly quick labour (7hrs) although I was induced:shrug:

I will up the rlt when I finish work so in 2 weeks

Is RLT tasty??? I'm hesitant to buy any in case its gross, because I know I won't drink it if its icky :blush:

I've been drinking 1 cup a day since I started the third tri. I don't mind the taste of it at all, and I am sort of picky when it comes to teas. I don't like green tea or anything that tastes too "earthy", but I really don't mind the raspberry leaf tea. It's definitely drinkable without having to force it down. It's not at all sweet, and I like my teas to be a little sweet (fruity teas or I add sugar to black tea), but I still don't mind the taste of it. I plan on upping the amount I drink once I'm 37 weeks.

I actually really enjoy drinking it 👍

Well, I failed my 1 hr glucose test. Now I need to do the 3 hr glucose test and return to doctor's office next Monday.
My mother in law told me that her coworkers want to throw me a small baby shower. It's going to be a weird situation because I know only one of their colleagues. The party is going to be October 1th. Actually, I didn't wanted to do baby shower or ask for some baby gifts because is doesn't make me feel comfortable.

I'm the same with baby showers. I felt so weird about my baby shower with my son. I just don't like all the attention being on me, plus I felt awful registering for things that I knew others were going to be buying for us. It was more for my mom/MIL than it was for us, I think.
I've been thinking about trying RLT. I figured it can't do any harm, and I'm excited about the idea of my next labor being fast and easy! Though I can't really complain about my first, as it was only 12 hours from start to finish. Definitely worth a try! Where do you ladies get it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->