Early Third Trimester Thread!

Just 4 more weeks to keep him in, jlw! Are you on any type of modified best rest, at least?

MemmaJ, glad to hear you're almost done with work! I'm lucky because I'm a SAHM and I don't have to go to work, but unfortunately I won't be getting any maternity leave from chasing my toddler around, lol! I don't know how you moms who work AND have little ones do it. You're amazing!

Hello stormcloud96! Welcome to third tri! Hopefully you will be here in the third tri forums for quite awhile yet.

jlw617, this is true for me as well. My numbers will be 140+ if I go anywhere close to 45 carbs a meal. My problem is if I only eat 20 or fewer carbs in a meal. I lose weight very quickly. Which is why my doctor ended up putting me on meds last time, and why I might have to go on them again.

I've gotten some things ready recently. Her newborn clothes and cloth diapers are washed. Disposables, wipes, and creams are all organized. Really the only things left to do are rearrange her room and set up the crib/decorate the nursery (but I don't know if that will get done before she is born since she's going to go in a bassinet in our room for awhile). I'll also probably wash clothes up to size 3-6 months. I feel like we're all close and yet so far, ladies!

My last 2 weeks at work stressful but cannot wait to spend a little time with my little man before baby arrives 👍

Just 4 more weeks to keep him in, jlw! Are you on any type of modified best rest, at least?

Kind of haha, the midwife told me she wants me to rest more and dh has definitely been getting on my case if I do more than he thinks I should do :haha: well at least I'm not walking around scolding my bump yet :winkwink: although I have told dh that baby is grounded as soon as he comes out for all the ridiculously painful kicks/punches sitting on my bladder :haha:

I don't have gestational diabetes!! :happydance: Everything seems good, I'm not dilated yet. My doctor is going to see me in two weeks in that appointment he are going to check the weight of my little girl and then is going to start the appointments weekly.

I'm feeling very exhausted lately, I've been taking long naps and still feels tired. Still a lot of work to do for my classes and I still have not started to do the hospital bag! :dohh:

My other boys are 10 years old so I will get a bit of rest while they're at school once I finish work :) . We are almost ready for this baby too, so there shouldn't be too much to do unless the 'nesting' kicks in (which I never got last time as I delivered so early).

Let us know how your spot goes today jlw! :)
Why does your mw think you'll go early anyway, without everything else you're feeling yourself?

I don't have gestational diabetes!! :happydance: Everything seems good, I'm not dilated yet. My doctor is going to see me in two weeks in that appointment he are going to check the weight of my little girl and then is going to start the appointments weekly.

I'm feeling very exhausted lately, I've been taking long naps and still feels tired. Still a lot of work to do for my classes and I still have not started to do the hospital bag! :dohh:

Awesome news! I've been super tired too, I think it's also because I have the start of a cold :growlmad: oh well atleast I'll hopefully get it out of my system now and be all cleared up by the time baby is here.

My other boys are 10 years old so I will get a bit of rest while they're at school once I finish work :) . We are almost ready for this baby too, so there shouldn't be too much to do unless the 'nesting' kicks in (which I never got last time as I delivered so early).

Let us know how your spot goes today jlw! :)
Why does your mw think you'll go early anyway, without everything else you're feeling yourself?

My appointment went well, I've been meeting the other midwives in the practice, they want to do my gbs swab next appointment at 35 weeks and then I'll be on my weekly appointments! The reason they think ill go early is because my 1st was 2 weeks early and my second was 4 weeks early...I know anything can happen, but typically if there seems to be a pattern especially if one was preterm, your risk of delivering early gos up quite a bit.

4 more days at work :wohoo: Agreed with my boss as I am just too uncomfortable in the office so going to wfh

That's great news Twag, I'm very jealous!

I went early last time too (earlier than I am now) so I just wanted to make it later than that, but I am secretly hoping he comes a few weeks before his due date just because I'm so uncomfortable. 37 weeks would be lovely, so that we can stil come straight home :)

Had the worst tightenings yet lastnight, whilst in bed, to the point I was starting to worry it may be early labour (they were actually painful for the first time, not just uncomfortable, and the pressure 'down there' with them - OMG.!).
After about an hour, I got up for a wee and was trying to decide whether to wake OH up to help me get a bag ready (hospital bag still not done!), and they started to slow down. So I just kept an eye on them until they eventually stopped - that was definitely my first 'oh no, not now...!' moment though :-(

MemmaJ-I feel the same way about this one, hoping he will come around 37 weeks...I know he will be fine, I'm one of those that tend to bake my babies a little quicker ;) my first was 38 weeks and my second was was 36 weeks, both were great! As far as the Braxton hicks are concerned, I wouldn't worry too much, unless they don't go away after an hour or so...your body just knows what to do better this time around!

Sounds like everyone has been busy :) I can't believe I still have 9 weeks left at work. I think I'm gunna cry. By the end of the day my lower back and hips hurt so much X

Sorry I've been MIA! We've been pretty busy recently. Or maybe it just seems like it because life always feels busy with a toddler!

Is anyone else feeling like their pregnancy is just draaaaaagging by at this point? The first two tri's seemed to fly by, but I have a feeling these last 9 weeks are going to feel longer than the rest of the pregnancy in total! I'm starting to feel pretty uncomfortable, especially at night, and I'm just way too early for that. December sounds so far away!!

I've been pretty busy as well, but time is flying for me. Baby girl dropped yesterday, so low, and her movements are so strong. I am definitely with you in the feeling uncomfortable boat.

I do but I don't haha, some days I feel like it's dragging and other days I think "whoa! I only have about 2-3 weeks left" if I deliver when they/we think I will and then I turn into a nesting maniac!

Hi girls!

BH are increasing this last three days. Not so comfortable. Also I've been in a emotional spiral feeling very depressed for no rational reason. (at least is what I'm trying to think). I'm trying not to think about it a lot and remove any negative thought because I do not want to fall into a depression at this point.

I hope to start buying the things that I need to prepare my hospital bag this weekend. I'm so excited about that, hoping that nothing ruin my plans.

Just starting to get my hospital bag ready and pack the diaper bag as well. Found out today that my GD will now be insulin controlled, so I am definitely on track for LO to make her appearance early! DH is thrilled...he wants to meet her. :flower: Me...not so much. I'm hoping she arrives early on her own, as I am hoping for a natural labor and would rather not be induced. We shall see!!:shrug:

Maries_s, I really understand how you feel on the depression front. I have been feeling low myself recently, sometimes for real reasons and sometimes basically for no reason at all. I've noticed a huge spike in my anxiety as well. I'm hoping that's just the hormones at this point in pregnancy and that it will go away soon.

mrs_sasquatch, I also hope to go naturally this time. Though I must say, I had a pretty pleasant induction experience with my first and actually can't really say anything bad about it.

I seriously need to get my bags packed :wacko: all getting a little closer now!

So pelased to find this thread!

I'm 28+1 with my 28 week MW appointment today and still feeling like I'm in limbo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->