• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ears pierced - girls

My DD was 5 on monday and she had them pierced as her birthday present about 6 weeks ago from my mum (lives in Spain and my 9 year old sister was having hers pierced so DD wanted to join the band wagon!) so I explained about looking after them etc, she watched my sis have hers done then had one and didn't want the other one done. We ended up bribing her with something from the DIsney store. I felt soooo bad! I was 4 when I first had mine pierced and have 8 in each ear now so felt I couldn't say no as thats hypocritical but it did break my heart to see her in pain.

Tbh she looks after them better than my sister and from day one understood the need to clean them and twist them (with clean hands).

When she is old enough to ask me herself and when she is able to take care of them/keep them clean by herself.

Pretty much what everyone else says. When she is old enough to understand and know how to take care of them herself. It's a responsibility that only an older child would understand. I get so angry seeing babies with pierced ears. I can't help it. I just see it and think 'how dare they!' But each to their own. I'll just quietly stew about it. :haha::flower:

If I have a daughter I'd let her get them pierced when she was old enough to ask for them pierced. Same with my son I guess if thats "in" when he grows up.

Definitely not until she is old enough to decide for herself and understand that it will hurt and that she'll need to look after them. I was 13 when I got mine done but I'm sure I was pestering my mum from about 10! I will decide nearer the time but at the moment I'm thinking no younger than maybe 11 or 12.

Pretty much what everyone else says. When she is old enough to understand and know how to take care of them herself. It's a responsibility that only an older child would understand. I get so angry seeing babies with pierced ears. I can't help it. I just see it and think 'how dare they!' But each to their own. I'll just quietly stew about it. :haha::flower:

Totally agree with you on that one! But I'll just join you to quietly stew together! xx

When she asks me herself and not before age 12 ish.I dont like very young childrens ears pierced at all

Just throwing it out there, my momma had mine done when I was 3 months old and I still have the wholes in my ear from them. And Ive not had a pair of earrings on in probably a year or more lol But me personally.....Haley's gotta be big enough to ask for them. It's very common where I live for baby girls to get their ears pierced and I've already been asked multiple times from multiple people when I plan on doing them and I got shocked faces when I tell them I plan on waiting til she's older and can say "Mommy, I think I'd really like to have my ears pierced"

When she's old enough to ask for them to be done. I have my ears stretched to 30mm so she'll grow up understanding piercings (and probably finding mine gross). I personally feel awful when I see babies with their ears pierced.

Just on another note, why does no one ask about piercing boys ears? I saw a 2 month old baby boy with an ear piercing in Tesco the other day.. that seemed to provoke outrage.. why is it so different?

Just throwing it out there, my momma had mine done when I was 3 months old and I still have the wholes in my ear from them. And Ive not had a pair of earrings on in probably a year or more lol But me personally.....Haley's gotta be big enough to ask for them. It's very common where I live for baby girls to get their ears pierced and I've already been asked multiple times from multiple people when I plan on doing them and I got shocked faces when I tell them I plan on waiting til she's older and can say "Mommy, I think I'd really like to have my ears pierced"
Well done for going against the norm hun! :hugs: I know quite a few girls who got their babies ears pierced at 3 months too. Oddly, some of them are completely against circumcision but didn't bat an eyelid about ear piercing. :wacko: It's nice to see people that stand up against the norm. :flower:

I dont have a girl, but here they do it at 1 week :( Mine were pierced when I was tiny at around 2 months I guess but my mom went crazy when my grandma pierced them for me. I still have the same holes & although I dont wear earings they didnt close. If I have a girl, I will not have them done until she's old enough to ask for it. xx

Not until Isabelle is at least 12 years old or old enough to understand how much it hurts and can keep them clean herself. I had mine done the first time when I was about 12/13 and looked after them myself. My second piercings where done when I was a lot older.

I'm waiting until she asks for them. I had my ears pierced as a baby and I let them close up until I really wanted my ears pierced. :lol: :)

When he can ask for it if he wants it.
I was quite lucky with my Dad, he let me have my ears and things done and my belly button when I was about 13. But he wouldn't let me get ANYTHING else on my face until I was 18!!! Literally :)

One of my biggest hates is seeing young babies with their ears pierced, it really upsets me. I was in Claire's Accessories the other day and there was a baby getting her ears pierced in there who looked no older than Scarlett. She creamed so much, I just couldn't understand it!
Scarlett's not having them done until she's a big girl - I had mine done around 12 and I think that's kind of the minimum for me :)

Oh and I cried and cried and cried when I had the first earring put in. I didn't want the other one done at all!! Hahaha!! Poor me :(
I don't think i'd realised what i'd let myself in for!

If she wasn't born with the hole she doesn't need it.

I've never had mine done - never wanted to. She can do it when she is old enough to do it without my consent.

I had my own done when I was 3 years old -- my aunt did them for me at home with sterile equipment. I did ask for them myself and I've never had any infection with them.

I only have DS and I know this may sound bad, but maybe when he is 16 or so I will allow him to do it if he wants, but not before. As a teacher, I just don't like the look of young boys with giant bling-rocks in their ear like they're badass or something. As far as a daughter, I would say sometime between 3-5 if she wanted them.

When river can ask for it, if she is 5 and I feel she understands the pain and care involved then she will be allowed, if she is 12 when she ask fine and if she never asks great.

I walked past claires accessories and saw them preparing to pierce a maybe 6 month old I had to leave as I honestly felt like crying

When she is old enough to ask me herself and make her own decision.
I hate seeing babies with their ears pierced ..Why the rush?

It's not like they know what is going on and like they can see them in themselfes..
Think it is the parents being impatient and wanting their baby to look 'pretty'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->