• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ears pierced - girls

I don't mind if Bobby wants to get his ear(s) pierced as a teen, the only thing I'm against is those plugs... some peoples ears are so stretched out! they'll never go back to normal

My mom got mine done at 6 months and a doctor did it as is common in the middle east. I do however agree with you all and if I had a little girl I would not get it done to her as a baby. However I would let her get her ears pierced when she asks for them and any second piercing after 12 years of age. I don't want it to be this great tempting thing for her.

I wanted to get my ears pierced again at 12 and my mother absolutely forbid me frm doing it. I waited till I was 18 and ended with 8 piercing in each ear! I regret it now and only wear earrings in the first set. I guess i am saying that i don't want to turn anything into the forbidden fruit!

With Bobby I would ask him to wait till 12 to see if he still wants them . I guess I would be worried that he would be bullied as a boy with earrings, as they are not common in the area we live in.

Not untill teens and when they can save the pocket money to get them done themselves! oooo-i am such a meanie!

When she wants it done, prob no younger than 10/11 tho x I dont agree with inflicting pain on babies for the sake of vanity

If she wasn't born with the hole she doesn't need it.

I've never had mine done - never wanted to. She can do it when she is old enough to do it without my consent.

What FG says. My parents were v strict with this sort of thing, and I wasn't allowed until well in my teens...when that time came along, I didn't want them pierced anymore!

I'll let Lizzie make her choice when she doesn't need Mummy-Grump's permission :rofl:

I'll let Lizzie make her choice when she doesn't need Mummy-Grump's permission :rofl:

For sure we'll be yelled at "I HATE you" and they'll run to Daddy to try to get round us.:dohh:

Not until she is old enough to look after them herself so maybe 13/14. If she wants them done of course

Well, my parents made me wait until I was 10 and I think that's about right. At the very least they would need to be able to tell me that's what they wanted first and have thought about it, so I wouldn't do it until a child was at least 5ish.

when she begins to understand that it will hurt and she can care for them with my help. she's already asked for them, but i don't think she's ready yet. probably in the next few years i would imagine, maybe by the time she's 5.

I don't mind if Bobby wants to get his ear(s) pierced as a teen, the only thing I'm against is those plugs... some peoples ears are so stretched out! they'll never go back to normal

i took my plugs out about 5 years ago and i still can't wear normal earrings without a large back, otherwise they fall through! my mother was right, i do regret them!

i'd delay him from getting any piercings until i was tired of being nagged. i DEFINITELY would not consider ear piercing until he was at least 12.

I wouldn't allow my boys to get their ears pierced, I don't like it at all on boys. For a girl, if we have one, we would wait until she decided she wanted it, I would say minimum of 5 for us, and it would be a really special mommy daughter day out to get it done

I'll only let A get his ears pierced if it is in preparation for stretching and pierced with a 1.6mm needle, so probably at around 16. If he wants it done any other way it will be without my consent. Purely because i hate men wearing bling in their ears!

Normally as long as you don't strech bigger than 14mm they will go back - of course, there are always exceptions to the rule. Mine are at 10mm and start shrinking within 30mins of taking out my plugs.

When Summer is able to care for them herself and understand the pain she can have them done. I had them done at 8 or something xx

I'll only let A get his ears pierced if it is in preparation for stretching and pierced with a 1.6mm needle, so probably at around 16. If he wants it done any other way it will be without my consent. Purely because i hate men wearing bling in their ears!

Normally as long as you don't strech bigger than 14mm they will go back - of course, there are always exceptions to the rule. Mine are at 10mm and start shrinking within 30mins of taking out my plugs.

that's what i was told too. mine were at 10mm, they're probably 4mm now after 5 years. yet a friend who loves her tunnels still can't keep her plugs out overnight after years and years of having them. it's not fair!

I'll allow Carmen to get hers done any time after she turns 5; whenever she asks or them. Maybe too young for some, but it is a (rather important) norm in my and DH's cultures to pierce the ears of babies/toddlers- we don't agree with it personally and won't be getting Carmen's done until she's old enough to want it done, but for us 5 would be fine. She'll have hers done by a professional piercer though, not at the mall!

I say (if she even wants them done :haha:) once she's at secondary school, but OH says 16. We'll probably cut the difference, and say 14...

No way in hell I'd let Gabriel get his ears pierced.

My OH has his ears pierced, ( 1 in one ear, 3 in the other) so if we ever had a boy I would never tell him that he couldn't get it done. :mrgreen:

Differn't strokes for differn't folks though. :)

I dont find that as bad, as a mettaler most of my male friends have loads of peircings and plugs in their ears but its the one little hoop or a big diamond stud on a boy or man I dont find looks right (no man should have better diamonds then me) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->