• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ebay Cheapie Fluffies - Opinions?

The animal print ones havent come yet (boo) .. this lot were from a different seller.. 6 for £16.99 (the seller was called beststuff321) and I gotta say, they're crap!!! Evie had one on for about half an hour and it was soaked thru to the outer shell, almost like it wasnt waterproof! Very disappointed in those ones. They came with 1 insert that was kinda flimsy so I guess I shoulda known and maybe put another one in :shrug: I'd have thought they could cope with at least one wee!
When I opened up the nappy, the insert itself was only damp, not soaking wet like I thought it would be! Terrible nappies! BUT, I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and wash them a few more times (washed them twice) in the hope that they become a little more absorbant lol!
On a side note, I cant get a good fit on them either which doesnt help! Hey ho, maybe they'll improve with lots of washing :shrug: Failing that, I could always use the inserts as spares ;)

oh what a shame, I'd be annoyed even at that price they should be better than that :hissy:

What brand name is on them - I found the seller but cant make out what the label on the nappy says...at least then we can avoid them in future!

On the label it has a picture of a pig with 2 smaller ones in front if it, and a heart that says Love inside it... that's all it says :shrug:
I wont be buying from that seller again, I think I will stick with 97k Gallery as I've heard good things about their nappies from you guys! :thumbup: Just wish I'd known about that seller before I got these crappy ones lol! Ah well, you live and learn eh :)

I've just bid on some of these after getting everyones opinions!
Anyone want to suggest some inserts I could get to use in them if the ones that come are'nt great, or just in the wash? I'm going to use them for when he's at nursery, so want to make sure they last well and don't leak, no one else uses cloth, so don't want to give us cloth mums a bad name!!!!

I've just bid on some of these after getting everyones opinions!
Anyone want to suggest some inserts I could get to use in them if the ones that come are'nt great, or just in the wash? I'm going to use them for when he's at nursery, so want to make sure they last well and don't leak, no one else uses cloth, so don't want to give us cloth mums a bad name!!!!

the 97kgallery microfibres are pretty good - so I just add a bamboo little lamb and that lasts 3 hours easy.

They are nice and generous so you can stuff them even more if you want to!

I use Flip inserts with them and use the microfibre insert that came with them as a night time booster for her bum huggers.

I have the inserts from my Mothercare smart nappies, would they work?

I would have thought any inserts would work tbh :) I think it's probably worth playing around and see what works for you :flower:

Ok well I received my animal print order today!!!! That took just under 2 weeks, I'm so impressed with how quickly that came, considering it was from China!
They're in the washing machine now, and omg, they're actually really really soft! The outer part feels almost like velvet! Cant wait to use them altho I'm gonna spend the day washing them to make sure they're nicely absorbant :thumbup:
I plan on using my BG boosters with the cheap inserts as I dont need them in my BG (another fab nappy!).
Fingers crossed they perform well!

If the inserts are microfibre, you really don't need to wash them more than once as microfibre is manmade. It's only natural fabrics that improve with washing, you just need to wash microfibre once to remove any residue from the manufacturing process :thumbup:

Ah ok, thanks hun :) YAY once they're dry I can use em!!! :dance:

Ive got a cow, giraffe and bright green from 97K and they are fab! These work better on Noah than his custom WN :dohh:

I also have the yellow, blue and white with jungle animals on, these are great on him now but are cut smaller than the others from this seller (well mine were!) and werent a great fit before but now are fab!

Our first nappies were the naughty babies from ebay - again work better for Noah than some pricey nappies. Ive sold a few to replace with 97k ones with poppers as Noah likes to pull the aplix now :dohh:

Going to use them for nursery when he starts in January :cry:

Different nappies suit different babies regardless of the price. If your lucky enough to have a baby whos shape suits the cheap ones your onto a winner! A fab stash for not alot of money :thumbup:

I love cheapies :happydance:

I really like the minky animal print ones since they have a really generous cut- they have actually become our nighttime diaper, stuffed with a FB insert and a cotton prefold. Makes for a huge bum but we need the absorbancy and all the stuff fits in the pocket :thumbup:

I could probably justify buying a couple more... :blush:

Has anyone found that the inside gets worn and thin really quickly? I got a minky from 97k and it's practically threadbare now.

Ive not had this problem with any of mine hun

Thanks hun, they're all ebay cheapies too so fits this thread well haha xx

Has anyone found that the inside gets worn and thin really quickly? I got a minky from 97k and it's practically threadbare now.

No, but haven't really had them long enough to judge if they will - they have been washed maybe 5 times I think and they look just as they did when they were new - its like a soft fleece.

How long have you had yours, or how long before that happened?!

Yeah that siggy is great, thought I recognised some nappies in there!!

Well I tried one out tonight, it wasnt on her long as she pooed in it after about an hour but they lasted 55 minutes longer than the other cheapie ones I bought!
The only problem I had with the one I put on her was that the waist poppers (and I'm getting this with most of the popper nappies I have) were too tight on one setting.. so I loosened it up but the nappy ended up too big! She's in between popper sizes lol! I'm finding that I prefer aplix because it's much more adjustable!
Other than, I love the cheapies so far! :thumbup:

No, but haven't really had them long enough to judge if they will - they have been washed maybe 5 times I think and they look just as they did when they were new - its like a soft fleece.

How long have you had yours, or how long before that happened?!

I've had it about 2 months now I'd say but it didn't take too long for it to happen. It doesn't matter too much as I always use a fleece liner anyway. It's just that dirt from the wash gathers in the fibres so it always looks a bit grimey on the inside.

After hearing all of your good reviews I bought some of the cheap ones from 97kgallery just to get some pretty coloured ones as I've only got plain white BG's and they arrived yesterday so we have used them all day today :thumbup: I'm fairly impressed considering how cheap they were, I've only used them with the inserts that they came with all day and haven't had any leaks so far! :thumbup:

I have the inserts from my Mothercare smart nappies, would they work?
I was thinking that I might use the mothercare smart nappy inserts at night-time so I've got one on him just now and they fit ok and don't make the nappy too bulky so hopefully we'll wake up to no leaks lol :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->