Embarrassed: what to do with pubic hair?

By the way I think you're doing amazingly to have been in hospital this long and not to have gone completely potty!

Hospitals drive me mad!
Thanks Chuck. I have my good days and bad days. But overall I'm grateful to have kept baby cooking this long as they thought I was going to deliver at 24 weeks. In the end, her health and safety is what matters. :)

I have a little trimmer like the one chuck posted. Since I've been pregnant I've just been trimming it back really short every couple of weeks. I figure the timing's not likely to work out to be clean shaven anyway and it just looks like a week or so's regrowth but without the razor burn! I can also do it without looking now bump's in the way and no chance of cutting yourself. I'd like it to be shorter just for easier access if I need stitches and (gross) no horrible matted blood in a big bush afterwards but it doesn't bother me in terms of aesthetics. Fannies are pretty unattractive anyway really :shrug: :haha:
Yikes, didn't think about matted blood. Yes, I'd like to have something that I can do without even looking and have no fair of cutting myself, or of OH cutting me. Someone else mentioned using a small handheld mirror, but I'm not sure how I'd manage using a scissors with one hand while holding a mirror in the other...

You're doing a great job to have kept that bun in the oven! Every day counts!

But seriously what have you been doing to stay sane?

You could always start topiary on that bush and clip different shapes into it to keep you occupied..

You're doing a great job to have kept that bun in the oven! Every day counts!

But seriously what have you been doing to stay sane?

You could always start topiary on that bush and clip different shapes into it to keep you occupied..
LOL!

I think you've just given me a business idea. I've been here long enough that I'm sure I could build up a real impressive portfolio. I could maybe offer it to other ladies here in hospital who are wondering the same thing as I am, but afraid to ask. Now that would give the midwives and doctors something to talk about :)

I'll call my first piece "the Chuck" and send you photos for your approval. Lol.
Okay, I've gone too far.

Bwahahaha no I approve!

ANYTHING to spread a bit of laughter on the maternity wards!

Can you imagine the look on the MW's face when they unveil you works of art!! :rofl:

I don't plan to do anything. It's normal and healthy, and actually it's there to keep bacteria away from your vagina, which is the best thing for your baby. Trust me, when the time comes, you won't care and neither will your midwife or doctor. They see vaginas all the time and they know what a normal vagina looks like.

Hi everyone, thanks for comments.

I do feel a bit better and glad I could ask. As I said, this is my first so wasn't sure what was expected. Now that I realise it doesn't affect the price of rice I suppose I'll be less anxious.

But believe me, my hair grows really thick, and I've been in hospital for 6 weeks now! So if I'm being honest, though it might not bother some people, the thought of what it looks like does bother me, as they might not even be able to tell if it's babys head or my muff as mrssmartie suggested, lol! I know when the pain hits it will probably be the last thing on my mind, but until then, I do find even examinations now a little embarrassing as I wonder what the examiner must be thinking, and it makes me more tense. I will still try and figure out how to trim it up. My partner will probably have to help, though I have little privacy here in hospital.

But glad to know there are others out there who just let it go, at least mine might pale in comparison to others. :)

Do you have mobile esthetic shops over there? We have estheticians that will come to your home (or place of your choice) and do waxing, manicures, pedicures etc. Even if you don't could you call whoever usually does your waxing and tell her your on bedrest and ask if she could come to you?

I promise it doesn't bother is but it's a bit nicer if it's trimmed a bit. There are the odd moments when I think blimey how did it get that long! But I would never remember who it was to be honest. I see so many moos each day I don't really put a face to the muff if you know what I mean! Lol. It's more about you feeling comfortable. If it helps I will just be going for a trim and maybe a short back and sides if I am able to reach! It doesn't worry me at all because I know other midwives won't be bothered. X

lmao!! :rofl:
love this comment!
hee hee!

im goin to get my hubby to trim it up a bit, i cant see a bloody thing down there! :haha:

I kept mine waxed completely during pregnancy and still afterwards.

I just felt better about myself.

To my understanding, I am pretty sure doctors don't care.
But at my last waxing appt. my waxing lady told me she has some ob/gyn clients who actually say they prefer when a woman is bare down there because it makes it easier.

i'm sure your docs understand though hun! :hugs:

I usually shave most of it off, this time I shaved it all a good few weeks (maybe 4 weeks) ago so now its just growing in and not too long, im not going to bother doing it again now.

Something to think about---shaving the day of or a few days before labor is something I wouldn't do again. The area was so irritated and itchy (regrowth!) from shaving that postnatal care was super annoying. I was sore, but I was itchy, but it hurt to scratch! So if you must, wax it off or don't shave at all!

Do you have mobile esthetic shops over there? We have estheticians that will come to your home (or place of your choice) and do waxing, manicures, pedicures etc. Even if you don't could you call whoever usually does your waxing and tell her your on bedrest and ask if she could come to you?
I don't know but I'll look into it. If it doesn't exist I will certainly create one as I can't even get a pedicure and can't reach to do it myself - they really should provide that kind of service. Thanks.

I have had two babies, and both times i was au naturale. Didnt bother me at all. with my second i was on such strict bed rest that even my legs were hairy. my midwives didnt care at all. i apologized, but they just didnt care lol. I wasnt worried about it either by that point. this time i hope to keep it trimmed, but i never shave it bald. i get too itchy every time and if i wax i get swollen. now worth it to me anymore. But honestly if i dont do it, i wont be worried or embarrassed. it is natural after all.

Before i was pregnant, i trimmed once every two weeks, with one of those electric trimmers mentioned on this thread earlier. Now that i am pregnant, that hasnt changed at all. I still religiously keep up with my beauty routine, to keep me feeling good about myself :thumbup:

So yes, i will be trimmed when i go into labour, although it has NOTHING to do with being worried about how i look to others, its all about how I feel about myself. Call me strange, but keeping neat and tidy 'down there' makes me feel beautiful and radiant, along with keeping my legs/underarms neat and tidy, plucking my eyebrows, getting my hair done etc. I dont do any of that to please others, I do it all to please me!

Plus, if doctors really cared, and it was necessary to be trimmed/shaved/waxed, they would mention it to us before labor, or do it for us when we arrived at the hospital, right?

GL with keeping munchkin safe inside x

EDIT: although i totally understand that your in hospital on bedrest!

I'm letting mine grow out, I want full coverage of my most intimate parts (those are reserved for my husband!). There's no need for anyone to see all of that, especially not my mom (who will be there!). I will get waxed 8-10 weeks after the birth (depending on how I feel of course). I've also read there are increases of infection when you are shaved before delivery :/

With my 1st i was flexable enough to keep shaven..
My second came at 32 weeks so was a right jungle down there and i was really embarrised during labour and still cringe at the thought now...
This time round i hope to be shaven or at least neat down there

I personally prefer less hair down there but thats all the time not just in labour

I shaved completely down there the morning I went into labour (I shave usually so felt more comfortable that way) BUT I really regretted it. I had quite a nasty labial graze which was SO uncomfortable and itchy when the hair started to grow back, and of course I couldn't shave again because everything was so sore down there so I just had to sit it out and wait for the hair to grow back.

i was completely natural when i had my lo, i couldnt give 2 hoots what other people think!! i just do whatever is most comfortable for me. do whatever suits you!

I had this fear with my first pregnancy thinking oh man millions of docs, nurses and midwife will be seeing a hairy moo moo. But when I got to 30 weeks I couldn't see my feet let alone attempt to hack at her so didn't bother me in the end.

This time round i'm like whatever! Moo moo has been seen already i'm sure another hairy moo moo for the midwifes shift won't harm her ;)!

even though I do see that hair as totallllllly pointless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->