Embarrassed: what to do with pubic hair?

i shave every few days to keep it looking nice, it is hard but i do it in the bath, i used hair removal cream the other day but it was too difficult as it wasnt working properly and it made me sore

I am tryin to keep up with mine.. Shaving every other week..
But since I'm starting to get checked every Monday I'm gonna try to shave every Sunday

I shave completely. Always have and did all through pregnancy and for labour. I felt comfortable being my normal. I ended up with a section which was very low so I'm glad I'd already done the shaving for them lol. I think whatever suits you. It's your vagina so have it as you want!

I have an electric shaver because I have really sensitive skin and normal shaving just doesnt work for me and brings me out in a horrible rash.

I have reached the point now where I can't see anything or know what I am doing but I feel more comfortable knowing it's had at least a bit of a trim and looks reasonably tidy rather than it being forest-esque.

I think its just a case of whatever your comfortable with :)

xx

This has GOT to be a US/UK difference. I don't have any friends that would even consider shaving their pubes to be something necessary during pregnancy or labor! Of course I'm in a bit of a granola area, but darn I hate to even trim up my bikini line. I am cracking up reading these replies trying to imagine what my DH would think about a bare cooch. Thank goodness I don't live in the UK or I'd be single forever if that is what men like! I got a brazilian once before a trip to Miami and regretted it for the next three weeks! itchy! LOL!!

This has GOT to be a US/UK difference. I don't have any friends that would even consider shaving their pubes to be something necessary during pregnancy or labor! Of course I'm in a bit of a granola area, but darn I hate to even trim up my bikini line. I am cracking up reading these replies trying to imagine what my DH would think about a bare cooch. Thank goodness I don't live in the UK or I'd be single forever if that is what men like! I got a brazilian once before a trip to Miami and regretted it for the next three weeks! itchy! LOL!!

LOL, I was thinking the same but in reverse - i'm in the UK and thinking this must be an american thing! None of my friends do anything more than a trim, I had no idea being totally bare down there was so common.

I am in the UK & dying atm because I can't get a wax done (I go to one of the best brazillian wax salons in London & they advise not to get waxed in the 1st trimester, as you brace a lot of muscles when the hair is being pulled out that you shouldn't in early pregnancy), so I have not had my usual monthly hollywood wax since August!! I have been waxing for years, so it is normal for me to be bare, is def not normal or comfortable to have a forest growing! If I can, I will be having a complete wax before labour.

Can't believe the people who shave, shaving is horrible, itchy & gives you heaps of ingrown hairs! But I guess people could argue that waxing is painful (I think I must be either used to it, or have a higher pain threshold...hopefully labour isn't too bad then lol!):dohh:

I dont do hair. Anywhere but my head! I will continue to shave like normal!

Been shaving since I was 16 and at 27 now I havent ever had an ingrown hair and only had the rash when I first started! Beautifully smooth results and I like just shaving whenever I want rather than having to grow a bush to be waxed!

no different to a Gyn visit for me really concerning pubic hair which is quite bushy atm(I can't see it nor could I reach it savely :haha: and I am not going to let anyone else on it. If I did however I would have to do it every day since it grows very quickly :haha:

I had a mum-to-be massage package the other day and got them to wax me at the same time - i was feeling like a yeti! (I normally wax myself).

I fully intend to get the same next month and hopefully be sorted for the labour. mainly incase i need stitches.

Funny i was just talking about this today with a friend as my husbands ex's mum is a local midwife who seems to have had a hand in a few of my friends labours and what if i get her? Its a jungle down there and i imagine her discussing it with her son who we are good friends with! :haha:

Thanks ladies.
What about things like naïr or veet hair removing creams - is that generally a no no down there when you are pregnant? As I usually wax I am looking for alternatives and I normally get horrible razor bumps so was thinking of getting some hair removal cream instead. Any thoughts or advice?

I have used Nair and Veet for years on my legs and to clean up around my foof. BUT I found out pregnant I had more of a reaction to the chemicals. I would itch and turn all red and be MISERABLE. So there's NO WAY I'm going near my privates with that stuff again (at least not pregnant!).

I trim using something like previously mentioned. Keeps you neat and tidy with no bumps or regrowth itchiness. I had lots of stitches and the doctor didn't mention anything about my hair. My husband offered to trim for me, I refused. I did the towel/bed/mirror thing. Trust me, you don't want tons of hair down there when all you're doing is bleeding constantly! Best of luck

Tbh I've given up down there - its been ages since I've seen it and I think well the midwives see hairy lady bits everyday so it shouldn't bother them too much!

Thanks ladies.
What about things like naïr or veet hair removing creams - is that generally a no no down there when you are pregnant? As I usually wax I am looking for alternatives and I normally get horrible razor bumps so was thinking of getting some hair removal cream instead. Any thoughts or advice?

I have used Nair and Veet for years on my legs and to clean up around my foof. BUT I found out pregnant I had more of a reaction to the chemicals. I would itch and turn all red and be MISERABLE. So there's NO WAY I'm going near my privates with that stuff again (at least not pregnant!).

I trim using something like previously mentioned. Keeps you neat and tidy with no bumps or regrowth itchiness. I had lots of stitches and the doctor didn't mention anything about my hair. My husband offered to trim for me, I refused. I did the towel/bed/mirror thing. Trust me, you don't want tons of hair down there when all you're doing is bleeding constantly! Best of luck

I wouldnt use ANY removal cream while pregnant! The chemicals in that stuff is brutal! Back in the day I had a boyfriend who Nair'd his twig and berries, got a gnarly chemical burn... I just wouldnt risk it. Plus... OUUUCH! lol

I agree with just keeping things trimmed short. If for some reason a person had to have a csection, the OR staff will clean and shave the area where the incision will be once in surgery anyway.

A few days before I went into labour I shaved my legs and underarms and got my DH to give me a little trim...

not sure as its the last thing you care about once your there.

I've been using veet. senitive very sparingly to help keep tidy. ive had no bad reactions and i have sensitive skin normally. I've used the Avon one too. both good and keeps me feeling clean :)

Nope doesn't bother me, I just shave the bikini area with a blind eye :haha:

This question cracked my husband up. When we went in at about nine weeks to the first OB I saw, I had shaved everything. I normally don't bother, but DH thought it would be fun.

The doctor commented that shaving was fine (I hadn't asked him), but 'it doesn't do anything'.

Husband and I have been trying to figure out ever since--what did he THINK I thought it would 'do'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->