Embarrassed: what to do with pubic hair?

Before i was pregnant, i trimmed once every two weeks, with one of those electric trimmers mentioned on this thread earlier. Now that i am pregnant, that hasnt changed at all. I still religiously keep up with my beauty routine, to keep me feeling good about myself :thumbup:

So yes, i will be trimmed when i go into labour, although it has NOTHING to do with being worried about how i look to others, its all about how I feel about myself. Call me strange, but keeping neat and tidy 'down there' makes me feel beautiful and radiant, along with keeping my legs/underarms neat and tidy, plucking my eyebrows, getting my hair done etc. I dont do any of that to please others, I do it all to please me!

Plus, if doctors really cared, and it was necessary to be trimmed/shaved/waxed, they would mention it to us before labor, or do it for us when we arrived at the hospital, right?

GL with keeping munchkin safe inside x

EDIT: although i totally understand that your in hospital on bedrest!

I completely agree with you on this one! I have always had a brazillian wax, and its one of the things I do for myself because it makes me feel good! I plan to keep getting it done regularly all the way through pregnancy and hopefully before I give birth. Not because I care what the doctors/midwives think, but because I feel better when it is waxed, and even though it wont make the slightest bit of difference when I'm giving birth, if it makes me feel happy then its worth it.

As a health professional who sees many 'foo foos' a day nothing fazes me, its just another hooha wether its hairy or shaven, dark or light, big or small :D

I voted trim it up a bit because that's how I always keep it and I don't change anything because I'm pregnant, but I could easily have voted not really bothered because I honestly couldn't give a damn about what other people think and if for some reason I hadn't gotten around to trimming yet, I wouldn't be bothered.

when i first got pregnant i always thought to myself that im going to keep it hair free. What a laugh that was! I ended up just leaving it because it got to the point were i couldn't see it anyway. It was kind of like out of sight out of mind. My hubby offered to shave me but with the state of his face when he shaves himself i wasn't letting him anywhere near me!

Hahaha.
Thanks ladies. It's been great to hear your comments and take on this. Some of your comments really made me laugh. Thank you to the well wishes also.

I would love to be able to get my usual wax, but feel so much better now...as even though most of you voted for trimming it up a bit, a lot more than I thought said youd just leave it there. i had an internal scan this week, and found myself apologising to the sonographer. She just laughed and said she didn't care, she wasn't interested in looking at that :)

Hi, I was wondering about this. I have always epilated and haven't got much hair now around the bikini line but its more the 'underneath' that I usually need to shave. I'm thinking I might get it all waxed at the beauticians as I can't actually see down there at all now lol. Plus then if I have stitches then I won't need to worry about regrowth for a while :)

I waxed mine off completely. I do so on a regular basis anyway

When I was pregnant with DS, I was HUGE, I mean, as big round as I was tall, and I couldn't even tie my shoes let alone shave the nether yea. I went all natural. This one, I hope my OH will shave for me. LMAO

Well here's what I do lol.

Put a towel down on the bed to catch the hair. Then I lay on the bed with a mirror propped up against the headboard. I trim the hair low with scissors and then neaten up the edges with my trimmer.

This is the best way I've found so far. It doesn't itch as its not like shaving but still looks neat. I just feel better being neat down the. TMI but with the amount of blood after birth it's easier to clean yourself up when it's shorter :)

I shaved mine in a Brazilian as best I could with a big bump! On the afternoon of the day I started getting my contractions, I shaved down there, shaved my legs and straightened my hair just in case I ended up going in to hospital (which I did) as I was scared of looking a mess! Hahaha. When it came to it I really did not care less what I looked like! :lol:

I shaved and was thanked for it as I needed stitching inside and out :haha:

I was worried about this and often got my Dh to shave it all off for me. However once in labour you won't really give a rats ass! I think I had a bit of a shadow but I was flouncing about in the buff and popped j the pool without the blink of an eye and I am really not cool with that sort of stuff!

Well IMO you won't care what it looks like dowe there during birth. I attempted to shave everything off a week before, cause I always get bad razor burn, so by the time I gave birth, razor burn was gone and only little hair was there.

I was in the same situation, i shaved about a week before going into labour, but im sure they wouldnt mind at all, i couldnt be bothered mostly during my pregnancy because of my belly getting in the way! Im sure they see tons of people who do have hair, but once your in labour thatll be the last of your worrys! it was for mine!

Thanks ladies.
What about things like naïr or veet hair removing creams - is that generally a no no down there when you are pregnant? As I usually wax I am looking for alternatives and I normally get horrible razor bumps so was thinking of getting some hair removal cream instead. Any thoughts or advice?

I have really sensitive skin and get ingrown hairs on my legs and armpits all the time, so shaving or waxing my lady bits is NOT an option!
I do like to keep tidy with a bikini trimmer though, which I plan to use throughout my pregnancy. Unless I get so big that I can't see what I'm doing, in which case I'll just have to be hairy! :haha:

Good luck and well done for being stuck in hospital for so long!

I totally shaved it all off (well, I had to get OH to do it :blush:) To be honest, once I was in labour I wouldn't have cared if there was a bush growing there!!

Ive just used hair removel cream and got rid of it all i think it will be alot cleaner to clean after birth when u have heavy bleed.

until last week, I had left mine since 1st tri.
then after a couple of mean comments from my OH, I used removal cream on the lot.
I wish I hadn't bothered - when I used a mirror to check if I'd missed a bit, I noticed how much "down there" had changed .... it was not a pleasant surprise!
I'm leaving well alone from now on..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"