End of August Testing Party Thread, Join me!

Tell me about it I had to stop taking my bc about two years ago due to migraine's so we switch to condom's oh my its so much better without so glad we don't have to use them for the foreseeable future ! fingers crossed you get your bfp :)

Tonight I will probably just hit the pillow and fall asleep lol does not help the baby making process.

@ Canadabear I have never been camping do you do it often ? I bet its amazing to go camping in Canada

Canadabear I lived in Canada for a while, Ontario and Quebec, loved it. I have friends in Calgary and another friend swearing she has to take me to Banff some time, it's so beautiful.

Won't be dtd tonight, husband is away overnight with work, unlucky! Tomorrow night though I'm "on a promise" as we say here (dunno if that's used in North America!).

I forgot to temp today. .oops.
I dunno how all you ladies have so much time to DTD. If I work 12 hrs I'm so tired when I get home at 8 that all I want to do is :sleep:
Luckily I have Thursday off so we can stay up Wednesday and have some fun :haha: and when the weekend comes we won't have time for anything else but ;)

Gutted. Went to the loo this morning and heard something hit the water, when I looked I briefly saw a little grey ball. I've since had a lot of clots with af. I assume by early af and this grey ball that the egg fertilised but failed for implant for some reason. I'm so disappointed and sad. Does anyone know why an egg may fail to implant? Need to ensure I can make a better home for it next time...

:0(

MnG it was a long weekend here so we had two days off together, we have a very bad habit of staying up very late every night so spend about 6 hours together every evening, except for a few nights last week when we were both at work late and just saying hi and flaking out in separate rooms! The disgrace of it is that we don't usually do it more!

Congrats Laurans! So early in August and we've already got BFP, let's hope it's a lucky month for everyone :)

I'm very good today, weather is lovely, we visited some family and have been very productive in the last two days, cleaning the house, clearing out garages and rooms, mowing the lawn, gardening....wow, that is the most domesticated sentence about a bank holiday weekend, gah! Had a lovely time at a bbq and went on a kayaking trip yesterday too, such great exercise and so much fun.

Due to ovulate on Tuesday according to my very basic "research" on this whole ttc topic. And I have it in my head not to test at all until the 21st (I think, I can't even remember!), keeping calm and not getting my hopes up. It helps that while thinking it would be nice I also keep thinking that if I got a BFP there'd be lots of "Dear God what have we done" moments of sheer panic. So either way I'll still be happy :)

Lithdora, I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this! Last month was my first month off BCP, so like many others I had myself convinced I was pg. I was going to test on Saturday the 26th (one day before AF was due) but AF showed up in the night. I was honestly kind of relieved because that day or 2 leading up to it I started freaking out that I might actually be! I know I'll be super happy and excited once we do get that BFP, but I think I'll also have an "Oh shit, what have we done!" moment as well. Glad I'm not alone in this. I think that's the whole reason I had decided to wait to test until 14dpo; I'm actually kind of scared to see those 2 lines I think, even as much as I want it! :dohh:

Gutted. Went to the loo this morning and heard something hit the water, when I looked I briefly saw a little grey ball. I've since had a lot of clots with af. I assume by early af and this grey ball that the egg fertilised but failed for implant for some reason. I'm so disappointed and sad. Does anyone know why an egg may fail to implant? Need to ensure I can make a better home for it next time...

:0(

Is gray normal for you? I've never heard of gray before AF. The only reason I know of, told by OB, is they don't implant due to low progesterone levels. I'm sure there's more to it but I didn't ask any questions.

I know I'll be super happy and excited once we do get that BFP, but I think I'll also have an "Oh shit, what have we done!" moment as well. Glad I'm not alone in this.

Yes, yes, yes! Lol
I think this every time I test. The "Oh God, now what?!" Comes every time I'm about to test and *think* I see a faint line lol

Turtle a friend of mine recently had a pregnancy "scare", even though they would love a baby she said she was terrified it would be positive. Then when it was negative she was relieved...and then spent the next hour crying in the bathroom, she said she was thinking "wtf? My own brain can't decide if it's happy or sad about it!".

Haha! You guys are awesome! Thanks for making me not feel *as* crazy about the insane range of emotions I feel about this stuff! I still think I'm crazy sometimes with it...but it helps to know I'm not alone. ;) When AF did arrive last month, I told DH and quickly followed it up with "But that's ok! I'm actually kind of relieved!" before he could scramble to try to figure out how to make me feel better about it (because of assuming I would be upset, which I knew he would). But that just made him roll his eyes at me! When I asked him why, he said that I've seen so excited about this that he really assumed I would be disappointed. I told him I thought so too but that I really started to get freaked out when I thought it might actually happen! And that I was relieved to get at least another month to try to prepare a little bit more emotionally for it. I don't think we're ever 100% prepared for it though, no matter how much we want it. (I did go back later and assure him that I do want this though, and that I will be excited when it does happen...that it's just a scary thought. Thankfully he knew that and wasn't worried. :) )

Two friends of mine who became pregnant accidentally (but always wanted kids, one wanted one for about 6-12 months before she became pregnant accidentally) spent a day bawling crying to their partners/mums when they found out, it's a big shock, one of the biggest! It takes getting used to. We have adopted the very healthy approach of Just.Not.Thinking. about the enormity :) I remember when we got our dog, I had never had dog before, and my husband just showed up home with it. I worried for days about how we would manage to keep her alive, not starve her, not feed her too much, all the responsibility!! And now we have 4 animals, and it's very easy, after all my panic. It's a natural reaction to a big change.

You couldn't have said it better, Turtle!
The part about being a bit relieved is exactly how I feel, then I sit around wondering why I'm not more upset because all I wanted during the TWW is that elusive bfp. It's like I can't make up my mind.
You're definitely not alone! :hugs:

Lith, I can relate with your friends. We had never had a dog either and for the longest time I kept pleading and begging (in all ways ;) ) for a puppy.
Well, one random day my bff asked me to go with her to pick up her puppy. Jokingly I wrapped the tiny lil thing in a towel and we came to my house first. .I handed her to my husband and asked if he was upset for just showing up with one. Naturally he was a little stunned but laughed it off and didn't mind. The next week we had a puppy :haha:
If only it were that easy with a baby :/

The pets topic is cracking me up! I always had dogs growing up and I couldn't imagine life without them. By the time DH and I met I already had 2 of my own. We had to put my first (my baby) to sleep almost 3 years ago, which absolutely broke my heart. I thought it would take me awhile to be ready to get another one again but the house just felt so empty with only 1! We ended up with a new puppy about 3-4 weeks later. You're right, if only it could be that easy with a baby!

A few months later we started fostering dogs from a shelter. Every time one was adopted I felt so happy for them, yet so sad to be giving up this dog that I had grown attached to. It was heartbreaking! The last one we had came back to us about 6 months ago after being gone for about 1 1/2 years. We've finally decided that he's a foster fail, as we're keeping him for good. He just fits in too well and we love him. :) So we're already insane with having 3 dogs (2 of which are big!), and now we want to add a baby to the mix! Yikes! Our house isn't that big, where are we going to put everyone?! Haha! :)

So glad I'm not the only one that sometimes wonders what the hell are we doing wanting a baby! :haha:

My hubby had never had pets growing up but I grew up with cats so when we moved in together I really wanted a cat. Five years after getting her my hubby still refuses to pick her up because "he doesn't know how to hold her"! Fingers crossed he'll try a bit harder when we do have a baby! :haha:

Xx

So glad I'm not the only one that sometimes wonders what the hell are we doing wanting a baby! :haha:

My hubby had never had pets growing up but I grew up with cats so when we moved in together I really wanted a cat. Five years after getting her my hubby still refuses to pick her up because "he doesn't know how to hold her"! Fingers crossed he'll try a bit harder when we do have a baby! :haha:

Xx

OMG Bing, that had me literally lol'ing! Hilarious!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that he'll do better when baby time comes...although I'm sure he will. ;) My hubby will pick up the dogs all day long (even the 75 lb Boxer at times) but when it comes to babies...no way, no how. Not until they're close to about a year or so. So I've got my fingers crossed that he'll be trying a bit harder when it's actually ours!...although he assures me it'll be different. :haha:

Haha...my hubby is the same with babies turtle. He hates holding new borns as he thinks they are too fragile when they are that small! :haha:

But like your hubby says, I'm sure it will be different when it's their own! FX'd they will anyway!

Xx

We actually always had dogs and cats when I was small but obviously it was parents feeding them, I just cuddled them :) I have worked a lot with animals and we fostered cats and dogs too, I was used to getting attached and saying goodbye from doing it at work but my husband found it really hard. Our last cat was supposed to be a foster....2 years later she's still here!

My husband also hates holding small babies, but so do a lot of people, they are afraid of how tiny they are, I don't really get it! I'm used to it, lots of babies in my family.

...Can't believe I still have 14 days to wait until af is due, so far away! Hopefully it'll go fast, have a very busy two weeks ahead which is good.

Haha...my hubby is the same with babies turtle. He hates holding new borns as he thinks they are too fragile when they are that small! :haha:

But like your hubby says, I'm sure it will be different when it's their own! FX'd they will anyway!

Xx

My DH was exactly like this pre-baby. He never held a baby until Caleb was born, never changed a single diaper. Once Caleb was here he was a natural. All my friends call him the baby hog, because he will never let him go. lol

Something funny just happened, the one friend I would LOVE to tell that we're ttc just messaged me out of nowhere and said "What news have you??" :huh: I was thinking "...did I say something to her already, did I drop a hint, does somebody KNOW??!". Turns out she just meant "have you any news" and worded it funny, phew :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->