End of August Testing Party Thread, Join me!

im headed to Bard on the Beach on Sat- its a summer long event during which there are Shakespeare's plays acted out on a stage that is set up in a park overlooking the ocean. It is beautiful! We are seeing A Midsummer Nights Dream.

That sounds like fun! I wish the area where I lived had something like that!

Loobs / MnG - I got my solid tonight so we are OPK triplets! :)

We have my sister & her 3 kids visiting this weekend and we are all going to Legoland in Windsor for the day on Saturday. And prob have a BBQ on Sunday if the weather holds out.

Xx

Bug, that sounds great! We have something similar to that here but obviously it's not overlooking the ocean in landlocked Kansas! ;-) it's just in a regular park. Sounds fun, enjoy!

I've never heard of having to use OPKs with FMU. LH surges happen throughout the day, no? It would make sense to me to use it more then just fmu.

Loobs / MnG - I got my solid tonight so we are OPK triplets! :)

We have my sister & her 3 kids visiting this weekend and we are all going to Legoland in Windsor for the day on Saturday. And prob have a BBQ on Sunday if the weather holds out.

Xx

Wahoo!

I'm jealous of you girls living in England. It sounds so beautiful!

The instructions say to use FMU but I always test in evening when I get home from work as everyone on this website told me that you usually get your LH surge mid morning so if you test with FMU you could miss out on important BDing time, or miss the surge all together!

I tested this theory out one cycle and got a flashing smiley with FMU and a solid smiley when I got home from work. Ever since I test in the evening (although I think around 2pm is the optimum time to test but I find it difficult to test at work).

Oh darn...yeah I was just going on the instructions. Just getting home from work now but I peed right before I left... Oh well.

Actually... Now that I think about it I believe the instructions even had a scary warning that if you don't use FMU you could get a false peak reading... I don't know why scientifically but I would worry about that.

I'll have to read my instructions. Hmm..

Still I think if it's at peak AND cm coincides then I doubt it would be false. Either way we still DTDd :yipee:

True! My signs are so all over the place I don't know what to trust but yours sound spot on!

I got a false positive this month actually but I thought it may have been false because when I ejected the test stick it was flooded and when it dried out there was only 1 line there. Also it was earlier than i usually get my peak and I hadn't had as much ewcm and hadn't had any cramps which I usually get! So I kinda knew to keep testing to be on the safe side :)

Xx

Cd12 today so O should be happening soon. Had lots of EWCM yesterday and we BDd last night. Will bd more over the wkend too. Fingers crossed tightly :)

Happy Friday!

So I think my thermometer took a dump. For the past 3 days it's been at 97.22..I've never had the same temps before so I think it's time for a new one... ugh
In other bad news I forgot I had a girls night after work today so I'm worried by the time I get home O window will be gone. Woe is me :cry:

Woo Friday !!!

Have you ovulated yet ? don't you still get 12-24 hrs after ovulation, still you might as well BD you know just in case ;)

Ooo a girls night out sounds good my evening consists of going for a run, cooking dinner and watching crappy tv !

I have a question is it normal to get lots of CM on cycle day 9 I am not due to ovulate until next week by my cm has increased quite a bit still negative on OPK so I am not to concerned as we plan to BD tonight and every other night until the end of next week. But do you girls get a few day of fertile cm ??

Yes I did! I had fertile cm 2 days before my pos OPK yesterday. Do you normally O early in the cycle?

I'm hoping to get it on :haha: after work before I have to leave. Otherwise I don't think by 10pm that it'll still be a positive reading. H can't perform on demand anyway and I know added pressure will be bad enough. Maybe I will just wait till I get home :-k

Well last month I had a positive OPK on cd 12 so I will take one when I get in from work to be honest I never really took that much notice of what my body was doing the whole time I was not trying to have a baby I just sort of took it for granted that it was doing what it was suppose to !!

Hum how long do you have between getting in and going back out ? could you tempt him into the shower ;) or anything along those lines ??

I really don't have ANY time but I don't mind being late for them in exchange for time with hubby. Gosh, it sounds like I'm using him for a donation lol. The shower won't work either as he is much taller than myself (he's 6'7 and it's just a funny epic fail lol)
Girls night might just have to be postponed so I don't make him feel stressed or hurried.

Isn't it funny how for years our bodies have been doing this and we haven't noticed until we actually NEED it? Before we were TTC, it felt like it was one AF after another with no time in between. Now it feels like forever between cycles and can't go by fast enough haha

Lol I know what you mean I am 5.5 - 5.6 pushing it my hubby is is 6.1 we tried the shower was an epic failure never to be repeated I think he ended up with a nose bleed if I remember correctly ah those were the days !

I know it seems like a life time between af last month was a killer my first tww was a drag it felt like it would never end ! I am hoping this time round will be a bit easier I am going to try and not symptom spot and read to much into everything.

Hehe I am sure your husband does not mind but I agree I don't think they like to be rushed when it comes to that it prob does make it harder (no pun intended) to perform if its like we have 15 mins get your pants of kind of situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->